BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW M2 Forum > BMW M2 CS Model > Got invited for an exclusive preview of likely the BMW M2 CS (Sep 2019 - Brussels)

Closed Thread

09-11-2019, 11:34 AM   #111
RPM33
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2 CS

Has it been confirmed that the CS is the last F87 M2? Hopefully someone learns something at the closed door event.
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2019, 12:17 PM   #112
Bimmed Out
There Is No Substitute
Rep
Drives: Several 911's

Quote:
Originally Posted by hansomatic View Post
If there is even a hint of the CSL making it to production, I probably won't make the move from M2C to M2CS. And, as I type those words, I can't help but wonder how the two would be different.
If there’s a CSL, it would lose back seats, which would be dealbreaker for me. What makes the ///M 2/3/4 attractive is the blend between race car and practical DD.
Appreciate 3
Jimmle9.00
JustChris17426.00
ChiTownM1045.50
      09-11-2019, 01:12 PM   #113
medphysdave
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2 CS | 85 of 592

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPM33 View Post
Has it been confirmed that the CS is the last F87 M2? Hopefully someone learns something at the closed door event.
There's rumor on good authority that there will be another special F87 after the CS. Uncertain if it's a CSL.
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2019, 06:58 PM   #114
DDS2015
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3CS

Garage List
2021 BMW X3  [0.00]
2023 BMW M4  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by medphysdave View Post
Quote:
There's rumor on good authority that there will be another special F87 after the CS. Uncertain if it's a CSL.
I want the CS. I want a manual.

Plus. I'm sick of waiting already.
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2019, 08:05 PM   #115
M 4EVER
Banned
Rep
Drives: M240/M5/X3

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDS2015 View Post
Quote:
Quote:
I want the CS. I want a manual.

Plus. I'm sick of waiting already.
Good luck getting one.

This is total BS, called 7 dealers and have no chances getting one WTF
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2019, 09:26 PM   #116
Hegge
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW M2 CS

How big are the lists M 4EVER?
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2019, 09:40 PM   #117
Artemis
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miko M View Post
///M2 CS is gone be hard to get. Allocation gone be a B.... to get.
Sad that people can't wait to be revealed....most of us won't be able to get one
Quote:
Originally Posted by M 4EVER View Post
You are right on that one. I called 8 dealers and everyone has people on the list already waiting
Quote:
Good luck getting one.
Sorry to hear that.

I stand a good chance in getting an M2 CS allocation if I want to. All it takes over here: visit a dedicated BMW website on Sep 17, 2019 at exactly the time that pre-order registration starts, quickly register, pay the reservation fee and normally you're in. Only thing that can go wrong: registering just too late (limited number of cars allocated on a "first come, first served" basis - all equal).

Why can't BMWNA do something similar (website - first come, first served) ?

Speaking for myself, my current mindset about getting an M2 CS or not, is as Suzanne Vega describes in her bittersweet "Caramel" song: in the past I was tempted to take the opportunity, but now I'm at peace with letting it pass (99% chance). Though I recovered pretty well from some serious leg injuries sustained last year in a motorcycle accident, that whole "experience" made me approach situations from new angles (to which, by the way, I'm regularly reminded each time the titanium plates and more than a dozen screws set off alarms in most airports). "So goodbye, sweet appetite, no single bite could satisfy"...

ChiTownM1045.50
      09-12-2019, 05:19 AM   #118
medphysdave
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Good luck getting one.

Some folks have been on lists for years for this model.
Appreciate 1
      09-12-2019, 06:24 AM   #119
Miko M
///M
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2C. 2020 X3M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
Sorry to hear that.
I stand a good chance in getting an M2 CS allocation if I want to. All it takes over here: visit a dedicated BMW website on Sep 17, 2019 at exactly the time that pre-order registration starts, quickly register, pay the reservation fee and normally you're in. Only thing that can go wrong: registering just too late (limited number of cars allocated on a "first come, first served" basis - all equal).
Why can't BMWNA do something similar (website - first come, first served) ?
Speaking for myself, my current mindset about getting an M2 CS or not, is as Suzanne Vega describes in her bittersweet "Caramel" song: in the past I was tempted to take the opportunity, but now I'm at peace with letting it pass (99% chance). Though I recovered pretty well from some serious leg injuries sustained last year in a motorcycle accident, that whole "experience" made me approach situations from new angles (to which, by the way, I'm regularly reminded each time the titanium plates and more than a dozen screws set off alarms in most airports). "So goodbye, sweet appetite, no single bite could satisfy"...
Thanks for the info, very much appreciate it!

Sorry to hear about your accident but glad you recovered good
      09-12-2019, 11:10 AM   #120
Bimmed Out
There Is No Substitute
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by hansomatic View Post
If they make a CSL without a manual option, I'm out.
Like the missing backseats, this would also be a dealbreaker for me. Exactly why I never had any interest in the e46 M3 CSL. SMG transmission in that car completely ruined it and to this day I can't figure out why it is revered as a purist or driver's car.
Appreciate 2
ChiTownM1045.50
      09-12-2019, 11:14 AM   #121
Bimmed Out
There Is No Substitute
Rep

Quote:
Some folks have been on lists for years for this model.
Guilty as charged. I even started a thread here (where I got flamed) asking if others were already on a dealer want/waitlist. First inquired with my dealer about an M2 CS or CSL on November 11, 2015, and started the waitlist just a few days later. It looks really (REALLY) good...just waiting to see the final word on U.S. pricing.
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2019, 11:15 AM   #122
Bimmed Out
There Is No Substitute
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miko M View Post
Sorry to hear about your accident but glad you recovered good
Agree! Artemis, take care of yourself. Not sure what we'd do here without you.
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2019, 11:49 AM   #123
medphysdave
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by kepler View Post
Guilty as charged. I even started a thread here (where I got flamed) asking if others were already on a dealer want/waitlist. First inquired with my dealer about an M2 CS or CSL on November 11, 2015, and started the waitlist just a few days later. It looks really (REALLY) good...just waiting to see the final word on U.S. pricing.
I'm with you my friend. March 2016. I'm excited, just going it isn't overpriced. I believe it's going to be a complete joy to drive.

Edit: Even if overpriced I may still take the plunge. It will be limited enough that you could probably sell it in the first year without much financial penalty.
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2019, 12:17 PM   #124
medphysdave
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Hopefully it's 1354 towards end if video at preview

Appreciate 0
      09-12-2019, 12:39 PM   #125
VCP
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: M4GTS BSM/F90comp/BSM M2CS

Can't wait! GTS needs a stable mate.
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2019, 12:47 PM   #126
GimmeanM
We've landed on the moon!
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 1M (AW)

Garage List
2020 BMW M2 CS  [0.00]
2018 Toyota Tacoma  [0.00]
2011 BMW 1M  [10.00]
Quote:
Quote:
I'm with you my friend. March 2016. I'm excited, just going it isn't overpriced. I believe it's going to be a complete joy to drive.

Edit: Even if overpriced I may still take the plunge. It will be limited enough that you could probably sell it in the first year without much financial penalty.
With you both as well, first on the list and deposit down since May, 2016! ...really hoping it's in the 70's USD or I may be out.
      09-12-2019, 01:53 PM   #127
Hegge
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by GimmeanM View Post
With you both as well, first on the list and deposit down since May, 2016! ...really hoping it's in the 70's USD or I may be out.
You have to expect at least $80K base. It is a CS trim and limited edition. We have to hope the base is less than $90K.
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2019, 02:04 PM   #128
Hegge
Banned
Rep

Quote:

I hear you Dave, even if it is overpriced I will take the plunge too. Not interested in Audi or Mercedes unless it is an R8 or AMG GT, which both are in a different class. Next M3 and M4 looks hideous with the grille plus both will be bigger and drive like boats. Both next M3/M4 could be had on the lot.

Only cars that come close to M2 CS would be a 718 Cayman GT4 or a Carrera or Carrera S. Carrera and Carrera S are a bit pricey and are not unique like the M2 CS. One guy on Rennlist thinks Carrera is going to depreciate 41% in 3 years. 718 Cayman GT4 RS, GT3, or 911 Turbo are in a different class price/performance wise and extremely hard to get.
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2019, 02:29 PM   #129
Woots
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Z4///M Roadster

Maybe the CS will come with an option list to add things like CCB and cage as a sort of GTS/CS+ pack...now that would be cool
(I know CCB are already a rumoured option)
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2019, 02:32 PM   #130
boarderpat
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F80 M3 30 Jahre

Quote:
Like the missing backseats, this would also be a dealbreaker for me. Exactly why I never had any interest in the e46 M3 CSL. SMG transmission in that car completely ruined it and to this day I can't figure out why it is revered as a purist or driver's car.
Not to start a big old argument on here...

...but have you ever driven an actual genuine E46 M3 CSL?

Fair enough if you have and you still feel that way. Everyone is of course entitled to their opinion. It's just hard to disagree with so many people who (arguably) know what they are talking about and rate that car as a high point for driver involvement, in spite of the SMG gearbox.

I'm aware that there are several people in the states who basically built one by buying parts and fitting them to a standard E46 M3 to make a replica/tribute version.

I owned my CSL here in the UK for 4 wonderful years, and I was lucky enough that during that time it doubled in value while I still managed to add 20k miles to it. I was able to do a pretty much straight swap for my M2 with only a few months and 1k miles on it (in early 2017) and have now put a further 15k miles on the M2 (which is DCT).

As much as I do enjoy a manual car, when driving these kind of cars on the right kind of days I wouldn't let the gearbox be a thing that stopped me owning them. The CSL, while a little clunky in start stop traffic, was absolutely sublime in any other situation. Country road, track day, drifting event and motorway miles on European road trips. It did all of them brilliantly and I never missed the third pedal. The noise from the airbox was enough to make you forget, let alone the feel through that steering wheel. You constantly felt 'engaged' with the car, even during relatively low speed driving.

I still do all of the same trips in the M2 now and it's 99% as good as the csl was at the exciting stuff, and then better at the boring stuff as it's more modern.

Personally, I've had a deposit down on an M2 CSL since mid 2016, before I even got my M2. I can only hope that they manage to find a way to replicate the recipe from the E46 CSL with understated looks, practicality, and then the type of involvement that you can only get from a lightweight, front engined, rear wheel drive configuration. But it will have to be pretty special to get me out of my OG M2 which is already a very good and capable car.

Anyway...I appear to have rambled on a bit...sorry if this has come across as a bit of a rant/preach...I suppose it's the anticipation of news from Artemis about the forthcoming car and the potential for a true CSL return in future.
Appreciate 1
      09-12-2019, 02:34 PM   #131
medphysdave
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

My luck the hood with the vents will be part of a package that requires CCB. Won't that be a MFer.
Appreciate 1
Tornado1M1207.50
      09-12-2019, 02:43 PM   #132
Woots
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Z4///M Roadster

Quote:
Originally Posted by boarderpat View Post
Not to start a big old argument on here...

...but have you ever driven an actual genuine E46 M3 CSL?

Fair enough if you have and you still feel that way. Everyone is of course entitled to their opinion. It's just hard to disagree with so many people who (arguably) know what they are talking about and rate that car as a high point for driver involvement, in spite of the SMG gearbox.

I'm aware that there are several people in the states who basically built one by buying parts and fitting them to a standard E46 M3 to make a replica/tribute version.

I owned my CSL here in the UK for 4 wonderful years, and I was lucky enough that during that time it doubled in value while I still managed to add 20k miles to it. I was able to do a pretty much straight swap for my M2 with only a few months and 1k miles on it (in early 2017) and have now put a further 15k miles on the M2 (which is DCT).

As much as I do enjoy a manual car, when driving these kind of cars on the right kind of days I wouldn't let the gearbox be a thing that stopped me owning them. The CSL, while a little clunky in start stop traffic, was absolutely sublime in any other situation. Country road, track day, drifting event and motorway miles on European road trips. It did all of them brilliantly and I never missed the third pedal. The noise from the airbox was enough to make you forget, let alone the feel through that steering wheel. You constantly felt 'engaged' with the car, even during relatively low speed driving.

I still do all of the same trips in the M2 now and it's 99% as good as the csl was at the exciting stuff, and then better at the boring stuff as it's more modern.

Personally, I've had a deposit down on an M2 CSL since mid 2016, before I even got my M2. I can only hope that they manage to find a way to replicate the recipe from the E46 CSL with understated looks, practicality, and then the type of involvement that you can only get from a lightweight, front engined, rear wheel drive configuration. But it will have to be pretty special to get me out of my OG M2 which is already a very good and capable car.

Anyway...I appear to have rambled on a bit...sorry if this has come across as a bit of a rant/preach...I suppose it's the anticipation of news from Artemis about the forthcoming car and the potential for a true CSL return in future.
If they put as much passion in the M2 CS/L as you had for your e46 then it’ll no doubt be a winner
How many days until the secret unveiling...
Appreciate 0
Closed Thread