BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M2 Forum > Pricing / Ordering / European Delivery / PCD > Allocations for July / August /September (U.S.)

10-17-2016, 10:32 AM   #507
MFan_Ken
Private
Rep
Drives: '17 M2 LLB, 6MT, Exe, Car Play

Quote:
Originally Posted by ried View Post
The ship left Germany at the end of August, stopped on the East Coast in mid-September, then went down through Panama and arrived in California at the end of September. So altogether a month from Germany to California.

From California, it took a little over week to load it onto a truck and drive that up to Seattle.

Total time is about 5-6 weeks from Germany to Seattle.

Thanks for the info. Now I have a realistic timeline for delivery to Eastern WA. BTW, I love the pics of your MG. Beautiful car.

Ken
Appreciate 2
ried791.50
      10-17-2016, 10:42 AM   #508
BruceM
Major
Rep
Drives: '17 6MT MG M2,930,Jag XKR 5.0

Just got an email from my dealer. Car has entered production. Does NOT yet show up on "Track my car" on BMW's website. But the dealer site shows it. Hot damn. Another step on the road.

Edit: Confirmed by Genius. End of Production estimate is October 28.

Last edited by BruceM; 10-17-2016 at 11:03 AM..
Appreciate 2
ried791.50
      10-18-2016, 08:58 PM   #509
MFan_Ken
Private
Rep
Drives: '17 M2 LLB, 6MT, Exe, Car Play

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruceM View Post
Just got an email from my dealer. Car has entered production. Does NOT yet show up on "Track my car" on BMW's website. But the dealer site shows it. Hot damn. Another step on the road.

Congrats, BruceM. We'll see who gets their M2 delivered 1st.
Appreciate 2
ried791.50
      10-19-2016, 10:17 AM   #510
QLAbot
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2017 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruceM View Post

Sounds like ours should be getting done about the same time
Appreciate 1
BruceM984.50
      10-19-2016, 10:27 AM   #511
jdarwin
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2018 M4 Convertible BSM DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by DETRoadster View Post
Just got off the phone with the Genius. I'm week 43 and scheduled to start production late this week or early next. The anticipation is killing me!

So, since we are all sitting around waiting, how are you guys managing unloading your existing daily drivers? Dealer trade-in, private sale, keeping it and just adding the M2 to the collection? I'm toggling between trade-in and private party. My dealer offered me a surprisingly reasonable price for my 370Z; about $3k less than I'd hope to get through private party sale. $3k to not have to deal with CraigsList, idiot tire kickers, people knowing where I live, bogus checks, and all the other hassles that come with selling a reasonably expensive car to a private party, is fairly appealing.

On the otherhand, $3k would cover my planned M Sport add-ons, a clear bra, and window tint.
Isn't there a sales tax advantage to trading in a car? - you only pay sales tax on the difference? That could make up some of the $3k you are lamenting...
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2016, 02:29 PM   #512
DETRoadster
Space Force - 4 Star General
Rep
Drives: M2 MG 6MT / Moto Guzzi V7

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdarwin View Post
Isn't there a sales tax advantage to trading in a car? - you only pay sales tax on the difference? That could make up some of the $3k you are lamenting...
Is there? I have heard that and have always wondered. Last 5 cars I bought were in states with no sales tax. Come to think of it, I've never bought a car from a dealer in a state with sales tax. I'll have to call the dealer and ask. Thanks for reminding me of that!
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2016, 02:57 PM   #513
GoSlow2GoFast
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2004 E46 M3

Quote:
That is true and how it works in RI.

~gs2gf
      10-20-2016, 08:38 AM   #514
ric124
Colonel
Jamaica
Rep
Drives: F87 M2 BSM MT

Garage List
2017 BMW M2  [0.00]
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by DETRoadster View Post
Just got off the phone with the Genius. I'm week 43 and scheduled to start production late this week or early next. The anticipation is killing me!

So, since we are all sitting around waiting, how are you guys managing unloading your existing daily drivers? Dealer trade-in, private sale, keeping it and just adding the M2 to the collection? I'm toggling between trade-in and private party. My dealer offered me a surprisingly reasonable price for my 370Z; about $3k less than I'd hope to get through private party sale. $3k to not have to deal with CraigsList, idiot tire kickers, people knowing where I live, bogus checks, and all the other hassles that come with selling a reasonably expensive car to a private party, is fairly appealing.

On the otherhand, $3k would cover my planned M Sport add-ons, a clear bra, and window tint.
That's correct you only pay tax on the difference because you already paid tax for the car your trading in.
Appreciate 0