BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M2 Forum > BMW M2 Competition Model > Amp replacement

07-31-2023, 06:59 AM   #1
hockeyjockey
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 Competition

Amp replacement

Hi all, had my M2C for about 4 months now and I’m absolutely loving it as my daily. I have however just had my first issue, I recently had to go away with work for 3 days so left my car in the car park and whilst I was away, it was non-stop torrential downpours (typical UK). I came back and had no audio, plugged in to the OBD and could see on BimmerLink that the amp wasn’t responding.

Obviously after a bit of searching I can see this is a common issue, nice work there BMW.

I’ve been able to source some working HK amps on ebay now my question is, would I be able to simply swap out the faulty amp with a working one with no coding/programming or would I need someone to delve deeper?

I’m aware that I could simply just upgrade the system but I’m happy with the HK system as it is and I can’t justify spending upwards of £1000 on the system when it does what I want it to. BMW quoted £1250 for an amp through them and my warranty from the dealership I got the car from only covers engine and gearbox.
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2023, 03:35 PM   #2
doughboy
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2 Comp 6MT

Is the amp knackered or just water in connectors or something? Have you taken it put to dry indoors if it's a water issue.

Mine is still due the recall for mods to fix this water issue, but they have said I have to have full car software update too which will block obd tuning, so I said thanks but no thanks...
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2023, 05:15 PM   #3
SEAT TIME RULES
Major
Rep
Drives: 20 BMW M2C 17 Mazda MX-5 RF

Garage List
2020 BMW M2C  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyjockey View Post
Hi all, had my M2C for about 4 months now and I’m absolutely loving it as my daily. I have however just had my first issue, I recently had to go away with work for 3 days so left my car in the car park and whilst I was away, it was non-stop torrential downpours (typical UK). I came back and had no audio, plugged in to the OBD and could see on BimmerLink that the amp wasn’t responding.

Obviously after a bit of searching I can see this is a common issue, nice work there BMW.

I’ve been able to source some working HK amps on ebay now my question is, would I be able to simply swap out the faulty amp with a working one with no coding/programming or would I need someone to delve deeper?

I’m aware that I could simply just upgrade the system but I’m happy with the HK system as it is and I can’t justify spending upwards of £1000 on the system when it does what I want it to. BMW quoted £1250 for an amp through them and my warranty from the dealership I got the car from only covers engine and gearbox.
You can get the Match7UP Plug and play amp for that money, or maybe even less. Its a huge upgrade over the HK amp...Run a search for it and you will see all kinds of threads...

https://www.audiotec-fischer.de/en/m...ifiers/up-7bmw

I love mine with the ETON PNP Door and subwoofers installed. Its a DSP amp so tons of adjustibilty
My 2020M2C Build: https://f87.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1696726

Last edited by SEAT TIME RULES; 07-31-2023 at 05:45 PM..
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2023, 08:29 AM   #4
hockeyjockey
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by SEAT TIME RULES View Post
You can get the Match7UP Plug and play amp for that money, or maybe even less. Its a huge upgrade over the HK amp...Run a search for it and you will see all kinds of threads...

https://www.audiotec-fischer.de/en/m...ifiers/up-7bmw

I love mine with the ETON PNP Door and subwoofers installed. Its a DSP amp so tons of adjustibilty
Would the MATCH7UP work with the S674a option?
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2023, 04:30 PM   #5
SEAT TIME RULES
Major
Rep
Drives: 20 BMW M2C 17 Mazda MX-5 RF

Garage List
2020 BMW M2C  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyjockey View Post
Would the MATCH7UP work with the S674a option?
AFAIK there are two units.

One for the 676 optioned stereo
Two fo rthe HK 688 optioned stereo.

https://www.audiotec-fischer.de/en/car-concepts/bmw/
My 2020M2C Build: https://f87.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1696726
Appreciate 0