BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
M2 Technical Topics > N55 Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Bolt-ons / Tuning > best OG m2 tuner

02-22-2024, 07:43 AM   #1
Shawqi90210
Private
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

best OG m2 tuner

Hey everyone I’m wondering who is the best tuner for this platforms I’ve seen so many people talk to highly of some tuners and some people saying their bad. I want a tuner that will respond and actually care to tune my car.

I’ve had a couple tuners in the past I won’t share because I don’t want to spread hate to anyone’s business but they weren’t the best.

I know there are tuners that tune for street and track. I just want someone that will know how to tune my car and what’s done to it.

I blew my stock turbo I have a pure 750 going in as soon as I get some parts in.
My mods that will be done to the car when it’s ready to get tuned is:

Pure750 with turbo smart and upgraded inlet
Arm intercooler and boost pipe
Spool performance fx200 hpfp
Spool stage 3 lpfp
Aem v2 meth kit
Stage 2 di kit
Vrsf change pipe
Eventuri intake
Catless dp
B58 coil conversion
Step 1 colder ngk plugs
3.5 map
csf radiator
Appreciate 1
      02-22-2024, 08:24 AM   #2
ThreeStripes
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: X3M

https://www.bendcalibration.com/ is who you seek but wedge https://www.wedgeperformanceracing.com/ is another option if you don’t want to tune with Ecutek.
Appreciate 1
      02-22-2024, 08:26 AM   #3
Shawqi90210
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThreeStripes View Post
https://www.bendcalibration.com/ is who you seek but wedge https://www.wedgeperformanceracing.com/ is another option if you don’t want to tune with Ecutek.
Any bm3 tuners ? Wedge only does mhd
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2024, 08:36 AM   #4
ThreeStripes
Lieutenant
Rep

In my opinion, you choose a tuner not a tuning platform with this platform. You spent a ton of cash on the car, don’t limit yourself because you sunk the cash into BM3.

That said, RK Tunes may tune BM3 and I’ve heard some good things. No personal experience and fairly limited feedback I’ve seen but it was positive.

Also, do the community a favor and share the names where you’ve had less than stellar experience. This forum lacks good consistent discussion on tuning experience positive or otherwise so sharing yours will only help. Businesses enjoy no special privilege to exist. Bad ones should fail.
Appreciate 1
///M TOWN16524.50
      02-22-2024, 08:53 AM   #5
Shawqi90210
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThreeStripes View Post
In my opinion, you choose a tuner not a tuning platform with this platform. You spent a ton of cash on the car, don’t limit yourself because you sunk the cash into BM3.

That said, RK Tunes may tune BM3 and I’ve heard some good things. No personal experience and fairly limited feedback I’ve seen but it was positive.

Also, do the community a favor and share the names where you’ve had less than stellar experience. This forum lacks good consistent discussion on tuning experience positive or otherwise so sharing yours will only help. Businesses enjoy no special privilege to exist. Bad ones should fail.
That is correct I should just choose a tuner. The only problem is that there are so many out there that it’s hard to narrow down who to choose.

There is a guy on Instagram I’ve been talking to his @ is keahih he does custom tuning I’ve heard a couple people like him but I don’t think he’s a big tuner at all. I’ve heard a lot about wedge and they are pretty nice when I was talking to them. It’s just me dumping more money after I already spend 600 on the bm3 and now I have to switch over to mhd.
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2024, 09:11 AM   #6
ThreeStripes
Lieutenant
Rep

Gotta pay to play. After messing about with random instagram tuners perhaps it’s time to work with someone a bit more established.
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2024, 11:44 AM   #7
-Eidos
@lbb_kev
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW M2 (LBB)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawqi90210 View Post
That is correct I should just choose a tuner. The only problem is that there are so many out there that it’s hard to narrow down who to choose.

There is a guy on Instagram I’ve been talking to his @ is keahih he does custom tuning I’ve heard a couple people like him but I don’t think he’s a big tuner at all. I’ve heard a lot about wedge and they are pretty nice when I was talking to them. It’s just me dumping more money after I already spend 600 on the bm3 and now I have to switch over to mhd.
Been talking to an owner that's being tuned by him and not having great results. He's looking to make the switch to Bend
Speedtech Stage 3 (8474) | Remus Exhaust | Wagner EVO 3 | XClutch | DS2 + Lift Kit | Nostrum S2 Injectors | TI E5LM | Torqbyte EKP | Intrax 1K2 | SPL | Drexler GT Race Light LSD by limitedslip.de | Schirmer Diff Lift Kit

Full E85 DI-Only 717WHP Flex Fuel tuned by BendCalibration (ECUTek) | Built by SD Garage
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2024, 11:57 AM   #8
Shawqi90210
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Eidos View Post
Been talking to an owner that's being tuned by him and not having great results. He's looking to make the switch to Bend
Who is bend ? And where can I reach them? Also anyone been tuned by then and get what they want?
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2024, 12:27 PM   #9
-Eidos
@lbb_kev
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW M2 (LBB)

Quote:
Who is bend ? And where can I reach them? Also anyone been tuned by then and get what they want?
Bend Calibration. They were mentioned above as well.

https://www.bendcalibration.com/contact

I and many other like minded f8x owners are tuned by Bend.

Here's my build:

https://f87.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...5&postcount=44
Speedtech Stage 3 (8474) | Remus Exhaust | Wagner EVO 3 | XClutch | DS2 + Lift Kit | Nostrum S2 Injectors | TI E5LM | Torqbyte EKP | Intrax 1K2 | SPL | Drexler GT Race Light LSD by limitedslip.de | Schirmer Diff Lift Kit

Full E85 DI-Only 717WHP Flex Fuel tuned by BendCalibration (ECUTek) | Built by SD Garage
Appreciate 2
///M TOWN16524.50
      02-22-2024, 12:34 PM   #10
Shawqi90210
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Eidos View Post
Bend Calibration. They were mentioned above as well.

https://www.bendcalibration.com/contact

I and many other like minded f8x owners are tuned by Bend.

Here's my build:

https://f87.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...5&postcount=44
I will talk to them and see what they can do for me and see if they are good for my set up. Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2024, 01:32 PM   #11
thetastelingers
Master Baiter
Rep
Drives: 18 M2

Garage List
2018 BMW M3 SOLD  [10.00]
2018 BMW M2  [9.67]
I'll be taking mine to Solo Motorsports in Atlanta. The P.O. of my car had all his work done there and they did a custom tune for him and he was 100% happy with them.

Just throwing that in the mix since you are semi-close.

FYI, if you get an infraction in the off-topic section, you can never visit that section again.
Appreciate 1
      02-22-2024, 03:36 PM   #12
F87source
Major General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Bmw M2

Quote:
Hey everyone I’m wondering who is the best tuner for this platforms I’ve seen so many people talk to highly of some tuners and some people saying their bad. I want a tuner that will respond and actually care to tune my car.

I’ve had a couple tuners in the past I won’t share because I don’t want to spread hate to anyone’s business but they weren’t the best.

I know there are tuners that tune for street and track. I just want someone that will know how to tune my car and what’s done to it.

I blew my stock turbo I have a pure 750 going in as soon as I get some parts in.
My mods that will be done to the car when it’s ready to get tuned is:

Pure750 with turbo smart and upgraded inlet
Arm intercooler and boost pipe
Spool performance fx200 hpfp
Spool stage 3 lpfp
Aem v2 meth kit
Stage 2 di kit
Vrsf change pipe
Eventuri intake
Catless dp
B58 coil conversion
Step 1 colder ngk plugs
3.5 map
csf radiator
I recommend Enabled, he has fantastic understanding regarding the DME architecture and can tune bm3. He also tunes for the mini USA race team.
///M TOWN16524.50
      02-22-2024, 08:50 PM   #13
VGSON
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F87 OGM2

I'm using steven at wedge. While the communication isn't very personable, his expertise is on point. I've been following 4N's builds and he chose wedge, They are developing a 2.6l n55 for 9k+rpm plus on of their turbo kits....

I used keahi last yr since he's local. he's a good guy and people get results. My car was his first pure750. We seen issues but offered no resolve/solutions. Misfires, high wgdc that "had to be a boostleak", but was actually miscalibrated waste gate. I went with wedge due to their reputation and time in the game. My misfires disappeared with steve's first base tune and felt a lot stronger.

I also respect bob at stagefp. Another member on here is using him. He's been bmw tuning for a while..

Theres also Motiv, and Jordan.
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2024, 02:45 AM   #14
Ata_T1T
Rep
Drives: 2017 M2

I can help you. I'm pretty known locally around Vancouver.
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2024, 07:29 AM   #15
AmuroRay
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by VGSON View Post
I'm using steven at wedge. While the communication isn't very personable, his expertise is on point. I've been following 4N's builds and he chose wedge, They are developing a 2.6l n55 for 9k+rpm plus on of their turbo kits....

I used keahi last yr since he's local. he's a good guy and people get results. My car was his first pure750. We seen issues but offered no resolve/solutions. Misfires, high wgdc that "had to be a boostleak", but was actually miscalibrated waste gate. I went with wedge due to their reputation and time in the game. My misfires disappeared with steve's first base tune and felt a lot stronger.

I also respect bob at stagefp. Another member on here is using him. He's been bmw tuning for a while..

Theres also Motiv, and Jordan.
+1 for Bob.
      02-23-2024, 09:57 AM   #16
mike@x-ph.com
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: 07-335/12-328/18-M4/21-M4CP

I recommend Halim or Jordan

Halim is in Europe so the time difference might make the communication a little slower

I used Jordan on my car, and we also offer his maps; he's fast, honest, and offers solid and reliable maps. i enjoyed working with him.

Phone number 702-494-9435
Appreciate 1
      02-26-2024, 07:44 PM   #17
AmuroRay
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmuroRay View Post
+1 for Bob.
Quote:
Originally Posted by VAF30 View Post
Been running a BB3.3+ kit for 45k miles .. daily driven at 600whp and 28lbs of boost .. I personally had no issues with my order .. and people need to remember this is a kit .. not a bolt on replacement .. meaning while everything I needed I had .. but it took some thought on install ..

I'm more than happy .. love the Power for the price .. and have had no issues ..

Good luck with your goals.. I think you could do far worse than a bb kit.
His mods:

Quote:
2014 F30 N55 EWG - BigBoost 3.3 Turbo Kit - N52 Exhaust Cam - BPC MILV - ER FBO - AFE Momentum CAI - XDI-35 - MPE w Carbon tips - MHD Custom Tune by efi_bob at Stage Fabrication - 19" Apex Arc 8 w 255/35 square - Bilstien B14 Coil-overs - GC Camber plates - Solid Sub-frame bushings - Powerflex Diff Bushings - BMW L/S Diff - XHP Trans tune -600whp 511wtq on pump 93 with Meth PI
      02-27-2024, 12:03 PM   #18
Shawqi90210
Private
Rep

Been talking to bob from stage fp super nice guy and is exactly what I’m looking for in a tuner!

Haven’t made my final decision yet I still have a bit of time because I need to install my kit but if I go with him I’ll let everyone know and what I think about him !
Appreciate 2
AmuroRay2282.50
M2guru383.50
      02-27-2024, 12:17 PM   #19
AmuroRay
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Been talking to bob from stage fp super nice guy and is exactly what I’m looking for in a tuner!

Haven’t made my final decision yet I still have a bit of time because I need to install my kit but if I go with him I’ll let everyone know and what I think about him !
Bob is great and will get you set up well.
      03-08-2024, 01:38 PM   #20
parsaz
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M2

When I got my pure 750 I was looking for a tuner too and I was on BM3. I ended up making the switch to ecutek so I can work with Bend Calibration and it was the best decision I’ve ever made.

Highly recommend. It’s sucks having to re buy a new platform when you already have BM3, but I’d do it over and over again for sure to work with bend hahaha.
Appreciate 3
donkey464.00
      03-10-2024, 02:57 PM   #21
CanadianM2
Private
Rep
Drives: OG M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by parsaz View Post
When I got my pure 750 I was looking for a tuner too and I was on BM3. I ended up making the switch to ecutek so I can work with Bend Calibration and it was the best decision I’ve ever made.

Highly recommend. It’s sucks having to re buy a new platform when you already have BM3, but I’d do it over and over again for sure to work with bend hahaha.
How do you like the 750? What fuel are you on and any power estimates?
Appreciate 2
      03-11-2024, 12:13 PM   #22
Kiddvegas
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: F87 OG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ata_T1T View Post
I can help you. I'm pretty known locally around Vancouver.
Where do you do your tuning in Vancouver?
Appreciate 0