BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW M2 Forum > BMW M2 Discussions > Manual Seats Please!!

08-12-2016, 12:15 PM   #45
clubsport
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: LBB

pics with CS installed

Here are a few (horrible) shots of the brackets, and seats.

also.

antonio(at)compubuilder(dot)com can do remote coding for the airbags, seat matt and a lot of other things.
Attached Images

Appreciate 2
      08-12-2016, 01:03 PM   #46
nopslide
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by clubsport View Post

also.

antonio(at)compubuilder(dot)com can do remote coding for the airbags, seat matt and a lot of other things.
Very nice. Might have to consider doing this myself. Did you measure how much space you gained (how much lower the seats sit)? And I assume you had power seats before as it looks like you're US.
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2016, 01:26 PM   #47
clubsport
First Lieutenant
Rep

I'm taller than most and my unofficial measurement is...I can see much more UNDER the massive rear view mirror/connected drive unit.

No fitment issues with track gear on, either. Probably close to 1.5 inches, though. I'm also using sliders.

The coding was the big issue. Antonio is seriously brilliant.
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2016, 08:17 AM   #48
Jevi Javi
Second Lieutenant
Dominican Republic
Rep
Drives: e46 M3 + G05 X5

Quote:
I'm taller than most and my unofficial measurement is...I can see much more UNDER the massive rear view mirror/connected drive unit.

No fitment issues with track gear on, either. Probably close to 1.5 inches, though. I'm also using sliders.

awesome.
which vac motorsport adapter did you buy?

I will email Antonio when i'm ready.

thank you clubsport!
      08-13-2016, 08:22 AM   #49
M3 Adjuster
Banned
Albania
Rep
Drives: 1M, X1 M Sport, E46 325ic

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmzanatta
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franzino View Post
Wow…that is so strange that only 5% order a car that they configured themselves and is a build to order car. For me personally; I rarely buy a new car and mostly buy used cars that are a couple of years old…then you buy what you can get and what is available on the market that comes closest to your specification. That is normal!
But when buying a new car, why on earth would I buy a car that is not 100% my specification and is a car that sits on the dealer lot in the specification that the dealer made? If I buy brand new car I want to choose every option myself to have the car 100% like I want it. Then you have to wait until it is made and delivered. If you can not choose every option there is almost no reason anymore to buy a new car…
That's American culture for you - instant gratification.

Plus, a lot of automakers don't want to do custom orders. For example, a few years back I was looking at a Focus ST for a winter car, and they couldn't/wouldn't do a custom order for me. It was either take what is on the lot or let us see if any other lots have something close to what you want.
I wanted to buy an e46 325i base model with about three options over a decade ago. Went to classic BMW and BMW of Dallas and neither would give me the advertised BMW discount and allow me to order a car. I complained to the sales manager of BMW of Dallas when the sales person told me I " only wanted a BMW for the name " and that my chosen order would have a " shitty residual".

I already owned an E30 M3 at the time !

I went to classic BMW and they were even more indifferent. I ended up spending over 10k rebuilding a tired motor and keeping the car as opposed to buying a new car and putting the money down since I couldn't order what I wanted
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2016, 08:26 AM   #50
M3 Adjuster
Banned
Albania
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by LGWGN
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmzanatta View Post
That's American culture for you - instant gratification.
Slightly off topic:

There is absolutely some truth to this. However, I wonder how much of it comes down to lot space as well. I'd be interested to know the difference in size of inventory between European and NA dealerships.

I know that it isn't too difficult to work with a CA to find a car that matches the spec you want, whether it is in their inventory or a dealer swap. And that is considering the person actually KNOWS the spec they are looking for...
Most American car buyers don't really have a spec they are looking for. They decide they want a car. Then go out and buy. That's how many people American buyers walk in looking at one model and drive out in another , regardless of the name on the front of the dealership.
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2016, 08:31 AM   #51
M3 Adjuster
Banned
Albania
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by clubsport

also.

Sweet install! Love the seats and the brackets and sliders look great and near factory.

It does appear that the armrest is probably seriously too high now though? Hopefully not an issue if you have a tall torso.
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2016, 10:13 AM   #52
Franzino
Captain
Belgium
Rep
Drives: M2 MY17 / Alpine A110 MY19

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3 Adjuster View Post
It does appear that the armrest is probably seriously too high now though? Hopefully not an issue if you have a tall torso.
Good point!
      08-13-2016, 03:21 PM   #53
clubsport
First Lieutenant
Rep

Thanks for the compliments.

I am 6'8". I found the armrest in the E46 M3's much more bothersome. Not sure if there is a euro version with no armrest available for the M2. Need to look into that. I think a fixed back seat would have made more of a difference and the armrest might have been an issue then.

With the alcantara door panels, these seats look almost factory.
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2016, 03:27 PM   #54
clubsport
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jevi Javi View Post
awesome.
which vac motorsport adapter did you buy?

I will email Antonio when i'm ready.

thank you clubsport!
VAC has brackets for 2 series cars. I also bought their seat belt receptacle brackets. They are about 40USD or something. I got great service from them. They shipped really fast.
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2016, 10:46 PM   #55
3tekcorps
Major
Rep
Drives: In Gestation

Quote:

You mean about 1.5" lower? How much room is the slider taking up?
Appreciate 0
      08-14-2016, 10:12 AM   #56
clubsport
First Lieutenant
Rep

Sliders are about 3/8 to 1/2 inch. I'm guesstimating 1.5 inches. I did not physically measure before and after. A fixed back seat with no sliders will obviously get down the lowest.
Appreciate 0
      08-14-2016, 03:20 PM   #57
Vintage
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW G80 (MT), 718 Spyder

lower and lighter!!! I will likely go fixed back but I love what you have done and I may copy it exactly - thank you for sharing
Appreciate 0