BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Amazon Prime Day Deals

07-12-2017, 08:25 AM   #23
Memaxndapickel
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2008 335i

I bought an Xbox controller for $39.99 I'm not even sure it was part of prime day. I saw nothing really of interest and thankfully my wife saw nothing also
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2017, 08:45 AM   #24
My335iTT
Moooore Power!
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 Space Grey 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z K View Post
Looks like a bunch of junk on sale - almost like a warehouse clearance sale. No real big deals.
Plenty of money saving deals, but yes a lot of junk too

I only picked up a 23andme + ancestry + health test.

Had a guy give me a free set up multi-changing LED's for a backlight to my new TV coming in exchange for a review with pics.

Electronic Pulser for muscles

Guitar Hero Live Supreme Party Edition 2 (To return to a store for double my money back in a gift card)

Preordered Destiny 2

SeanE92 - SCAMMER
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2017, 11:15 AM   #25
Z K
Major General
Rep
Drives: E90 M3, G20 M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by My335iTT View Post
Plenty of money saving deals, but yes a lot of junk too

I only picked up a 23andme + ancestry + health test.

Had a guy give me a free set up multi-changing LED's for a backlight to my new TV coming in exchange for a review with pics.

Electronic Pulser for muscles

Guitar Hero Live Supreme Party Edition 2 (To return to a store for double my money back in a gift card)

Preordered Destiny 2
Most of these items are sold for about the same price without prime day discounts.

I guess I'm looking for something more like Black Friday deals rather than the warehouse clearance of older stuff that they push on Prime Day.

I looked at a ton of things they had and didn't pick up a single item... some were interesting but I didn't need any of it - it would just be things I'd use once or twice and end up being clutter.

Amazon is becoming the ebay of stuff with 3rd parties selling all sorts of crap and Amazon collecting fees for listing... It's hard to dig through all the crap to find the good stuff.
      07-12-2017, 12:11 PM   #26
ASAP
Major General
Rep
Drives: '23 X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z K View Post
Most of these items are sold for about the same price without prime day discounts.

I guess I'm looking for something more like Black Friday deals rather than the warehouse clearance of older stuff that they push on Prime Day.

I looked at a ton of things they had and didn't pick up a single item... some were interesting but I didn't need any of it - it would just be things I'd use once or twice and end up being clutter.

Amazon is becoming the ebay of stuff with 3rd parties selling all sorts of crap and Amazon collecting fees for listing... It's hard to dig through all the crap to find the good stuff.
Sadly I have to agree... and this could be its downfall... I haven't bought anything from Ebay for years now as it has in some ways become worse that craigslist.
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2017, 12:44 PM   #27
EL Jeffe 5
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: CBR1000RR

Not buying anything saving money
      07-12-2017, 12:46 PM   #28
ShopVac
Not willing to take advice
No_Country
Rep
Drives: F82 M4 - 6MT

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by BayMoWe335 View Post
The Echo is a piece of junk.
+1. Bitch can't answer 90% of the questions I ask it, where google can.

Waste of money - and all we get is amazon spying in on conversations. Shit...I'll be talking with the wife and that bitch interrupts saying - "sorry, I can't understand you". And I'm like, "excuse me, you whore...let me talk louder about all our future assassinations we plan to take out on people"

Needless, third year in a row I had to travel for work on Prime day. So nothing for me...