BMW M2 Forum > BMW M2 Discussions > daydreaming - M2 OEM+ wishlist breaks $35k

02-16-2020, 03:50 PM   #1
particulardude
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: LR4 | L405 SC SWB

daydreaming - M2 OEM+ wishlist breaks $35k

Sharing my daydream on this lazy Sunday.

This stuff adds up!

Current minor mod list on my OG LCI M2:
-BMW M Performance F87 M2 carbon door sill set
-BMW M Performance steering wheel trim - matte carbon
-OEM steering wheel - full custom upholstery in Alcantara (no stripe)
-iND F87 M2 painted key hole cover
-ASD bypass harness
-BMW F87 M2C trunk emblem - gloss black (not yet mounted - will mount sans 'competition' badge along with iND painted items noted on list)

Attached 'wishlist' of all I would like to eventually do to the vehicle. (obv round estimates and no labor accounted for)
Attached Images

Instagram@particulardude

Last edited by particulardude; 02-16-2020 at 04:48 PM..
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2020, 09:38 PM   #2
DanG
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2 AW DCT

Garage List
2018 BMW M2  [7.68]
Instead of getting the M2C mirror covers, get INDs AutoTecknic M covers. That is what I bought and install was easy and looks great. https://ind-distribution.com/collect...rror-cover-set
Appreciate 1
      02-16-2020, 10:54 PM   #3
Anthony1s
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2018 Mineral Grey M2

This is mine. All the light grey is stuff I have already, totalling almost $30k paid.

Appreciate 5
Poochie9099.00
dtmurf477.00
TProfit81.50
      02-16-2020, 11:04 PM   #4
Anthony1s
Banned
Rep

FYI, I did order the IND painted roundels and didn't like them. The chrome ring looks a lot better, IMO. It centers the BMW logo, otherwise it looks out of place.

I would just get the painted front reflectors instead of the euro bumper. Not worth the price when you can get something almost just as good for a fraction of the cost.

Any reason why you want the carbon trunk? If it's to save weight, it's more cost effective to replace the battery. But for weight, it'd rather take weight out of the front than the rear.

Titanium exhaust. Kinda expensive to only lose ~10lbs, imo.

Can probably get a set of wheel spacers from turner motorsports for cheaper.
Appreciate 1
      02-16-2020, 11:46 PM   #5
AndrewC1989
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 328d xDrive

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony1s View Post
FYI, I did order the IND painted roundels and didn't like them. The chrome ring looks a lot better, IMO. It centers the BMW logo, otherwise it looks out of place.
I have them and love them. Different strokes for different folks.

Quote:
I would just get the painted front reflectors instead of the euro bumper.
+1

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanG View Post
Instead of getting the M2C mirror covers, get INDs AutoTecknic M covers.
I've tried every knock off M mirror (autotecknic, autoid, etc.) and finally settled on OEM M2C. 100% worth doing the real deal. Also, you can find them for $1250 (not 2k like OP has them listed for) if you know where to look.
Appreciate 2
      02-17-2020, 06:59 AM   #6
particulardude
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanG View Post
Instead of getting the M2C mirror covers, get INDs AutoTecknic M covers. That is what I bought and install was easy and looks great. https://ind-distribution.com/collect...rror-cover-set
I hear ya but like @andrewc89 I think I'll need the real deal.

Quote:
This is mine. All the light grey is stuff I have already, totalling almost $30k paid.

I would just get the painted front reflectors instead of the euro bumper. Not worth the price when you can get something almost just as good for a fraction of the cost.

Any reason why you want the carbon trunk? If it's to save weight, it's more cost effective to replace the battery. But for weight, it'd rather take weight out of the front than the rear.

Titanium exhaust. Kinda expensive to only lose ~10lbs, imo.

Can probably get a set of wheel spacers from turner motorsports for cheaper.
Sweet list - thanks for sharing! Love the detail dude.

Interesting re the roundels - I'll keep that in mind.

Threw the whole bumper cover on there as a I have a fair scrape on my current one, if I need to get it replaced at some point I'll go full Euro. May do the reflector blanks in the meantime.

Re the trunk I really like the look and the fact that it's a single OEM unit. I know there are third party spoilers with a similar shape but lusting after that trunk.

I've taken a close look at Dinan and MPE but damn the Akra is sexy. The others all look like an industrial can of beans. Granted this is underneath the car so I realize the silliness there - it's a daydream list!

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewc89 View Post
I have them and love them. Different strokes for different folks.

+1

I've tried every knock off M mirror (autotecknic, autoid, etc.) and finally settled on OEM M2C. 100% worth doing the real deal. Also, you can find them for $1250 (not 2k like OP has them listed for) if you know where to look.
Thanks for the feedback mate - appreciate it. Shoot me a DM with that secret source for a better price por favor!

Instagram@particulardude

Last edited by particulardude; 02-17-2020 at 07:18 AM..
Appreciate 1
Anthony1s755.50
      05-22-2020, 10:40 AM   #7
particulardude
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

adding the Euro tails with amber signals to the list

I swear I saw a thread about someone with a link to purchase but not finding it today on search

any resource would be appreciated - also curious if coding is required since my M2 is LCI are they just plug and play

Instagram@particulardude
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2020, 01:43 PM   #8
nothingman
Private NumNuts
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 GT4

Garage List
Quote:
I'm a a big spreadsheet guy and I love your format, so if you don't mind the "imitation is the sincerest form of flattery" I think I'm going to copy it to notate all of my mods for my eventual build thread. It's funny, we have almost the same mods except I have the PS2 and and looking at a stage 3 turbo kit as my next big project. We even both bought our cars at Reading BMW, lol.

What do the colors other than grey symbolize in your spreadsheet? Priority of the mods?

Last edited by nothingman; 05-22-2020 at 01:49 PM..
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2020, 02:29 PM   #9
VisualEcho
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: '18 M2 6MT

Garage List
2018 BMW M2  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by nothingman View Post
I'm a a big spreadsheet guy...
As am I, but my spreadsheet looks a bit different. I have automotive purchases on the left, automotive sales on the right. It's basically a running total of if I've actually spent any money or not. Last year I spent $18,000 on mods for the Lotus, but sold $36,000 worth, so I got everything I wanted, and $8000 for my trouble.
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2020, 03:44 PM   #10
Poochie
Luxury at the redline :)
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by particulardude View Post
adding the Euro tails with amber signals to the list

I swear I saw a thread about someone with a link to purchase but not finding it today on search

any resource would be appreciated - also curious if coding is required since my M2 is LCI are they just plug and play

DIY: LCI Tailights https://www.2addicts.com/forums/show....php?t=1405431

Package order here:

https://www.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...php?p=26152061
Appreciate 1
      05-22-2020, 03:45 PM   #11
maliderosF87
Private
Rep
Drives: F87

"custom porsche gt inspired cloth door pull solution"
is that possible on a F87 M2?
Haven't seen one, and I've seen a lot of custom M2s
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2020, 05:23 PM   #12
Anthony1s
Banned
Rep

Quote:
I'm a a big spreadsheet guy and I love your format, so if you don't mind the "imitation is the sincerest form of flattery" I think I'm going to copy it to notate all of my mods for my eventual build thread. It's funny, we have almost the same mods except I have the PS2 and and looking at a stage 3 turbo kit as my next big project. We even both bought our cars at Reading BMW, lol.

What do the colors other than grey symbolize in your spreadsheet? Priority of the mods?
I don't care if you copy my spreadsheet format. There would be no advancement in society if people didn't copy and iterate. Right now it's 210 lines long and 12 columns wide. Which is basically a scratchpad of part numbers, links, retailers with the best prices, the price I'll pay for used parts, discount codes, etc. And yea, the colors are priority of the mods.

I get kinda crazy with taking notes and planning stuff. For long write-ups, when I'm thinking before I fall asleep, I'll write emails to myself, if there is a review or analysis I need to publish on something. Then transfer it to a document and polish it... Same with grocery lists, I'll have a running email with things I think of to purchase, and transfer it to a document. Then transfer it to the gtasks app (which syncs between my computers and phone) for a checklist while I'm at the store. I also use gtasks for a daily to-do list that I write up before I fall asleep... Sometimes things mix between emails and gtasks. Meaning gtasks is supposed to be my to-do lists, but sometimes I take notes in it. Which makes things kinda disorganized.

Recently, because of the amount of food I bought because of this covid stuff, I have my freezer items portioned, bagged, wrapped, labeled and dated. I had some leftover beef stock that I froze, then put a label on the new beef stock in my cabinet reminding me to use what's in the freezer first... On my fridge is a piece of paper that I plan meals with. Basically I figure out what foods I have that's the oldest or expiring soonest, then plan meals based on that. Also recently put my dry goods in tupperware with oxygen absobers, which is another topic.

Heck, even my home workouts are crazy like that, because I only have 1 set of adjustable dumbbells. To save time, I group what exercises I do each day based on what weight I use for them. This way I don't waste time reconfiguring the weights between exercises, and can do supersets.
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2020, 08:06 PM   #13
particulardude
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Instagram@particulardude
Appreciate 1
Thevesh30.50
      05-22-2020, 08:12 PM   #14
particulardude
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by maliderosF87 View Post
"custom porsche gt inspired cloth door pull solution"
is that possible on a F87 M2?
Haven't seen one, and I've seen a lot of custom M2s
Good question - I have not seen them either. But anything is possible!

Instagram@particulardude
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2020, 08:13 PM   #15
particulardude
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poochie View Post
Thank you very much!

Instagram@particulardude
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2020, 12:28 AM   #16
nothingman
Private NumNuts
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 GT4

Garage List
I think I’ll make my spreadsheet with my current mods and wishlist, but intentionally leave off pricing. I don’t even want to think about how much I’ve spent; nor leave any evidence the misses can find
      05-23-2020, 01:52 PM   #17
Anthony1s
Banned
Rep

Quote:
I think I’ll make my spreadsheet with my current mods and wishlist, but intentionally leave off pricing. I don’t even want to think about how much I’ve spent; nor leave any evidence the misses can find
I don't think of it as how much I spent, but how much I saved. But I can see how that'd be dangerous with your wife. If she starts coming home with $1000 shoes and tells you "Don't think about how much I spent, but how much I saved" Cause then you turn into a hypocrite.
Appreciate 1
Poochie9099.00
      05-23-2020, 04:45 PM   #18
particulardude
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

when is comes to that type of justification on - I'm going down a similar road with these Euro tails - hoping I can offset the cost by reselling my current LCI tails

Instagram@particulardude
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2020, 10:21 PM   #19
GoneIn4Secs
Banned
Rep
Drives: BSM F87 LCI (DCT)

Quote:
I don't care if you copy my spreadsheet format. There would be no advancement in society if people didn't copy and iterate. Right now it's 210 lines long and 12 columns wide. Which is basically a scratchpad of part numbers, links, retailers with the best prices, the price I'll pay for used parts, discount codes, etc. And yea, the colors are priority of the mods.

I get kinda crazy with taking notes and planning stuff. For long write-ups, when I'm thinking before I fall asleep, I'll write emails to myself, if there is a review or analysis I need to publish on something. Then transfer it to a document and polish it... Same with grocery lists, I'll have a running email with things I think of to purchase, and transfer it to a document. Then transfer it to the gtasks app (which syncs between my computers and phone) for a checklist while I'm at the store. I also use gtasks for a daily to-do list that I write up before I fall asleep... Sometimes things mix between emails and gtasks. Meaning gtasks is supposed to be my to-do lists, but sometimes I take notes in it. Which makes things kinda disorganized.

Recently, because of the amount of food I bought because of this covid stuff, I have my freezer items portioned, bagged, wrapped, labeled and dated. I had some leftover beef stock that I froze, then put a label on the new beef stock in my cabinet reminding me to use what's in the freezer first... On my fridge is a piece of paper that I plan meals with. Basically I figure out what foods I have that's the oldest or expiring soonest, then plan meals based on that. Also recently put my dry goods in tupperware with oxygen absobers, which is another topic.

Heck, even my home workouts are crazy like that, because I only have 1 set of adjustable dumbbells. To save time, I group what exercises I do each day based on what weight I use for them. This way I don't waste time reconfiguring the weights between exercises, and can do supersets.
Yea i think your doing a good job of being organzied, i wish i wrote stuff down or to do list, sometimes i forget some idea i had or something,
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2020, 03:31 AM   #20
ZPrime
I INDIC8
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 LBB M2, 6MT

Garage List
2018 BMW M2  [9.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by particulardude View Post
when is comes to that type of justification on - I'm going down a similar road with these Euro tails - hoping I can offset the cost by reselling my current LCI tails
Don't, just in case your Euro tails develop a leak / fogging or LED problem, both of which people have occasionally run into... At least, I saved my stock tails after buying Euros.

And no coding needed for them unless you want to mess around with adding rear fog option (but you can do that with the US-spec tails with just coding as well). I hope that the amber turn signal helps some other person notice me at some point so it's "safety money" well spent...
I'm also a fan of aural pleasure.
Appreciate 1
      05-28-2020, 09:34 AM   #21
particulardude
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

hm ok - thanks for the info

Instagram@particulardude
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2020, 05:03 PM   #22
ZPrime
I INDIC8
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 LBB M2, 6MT

Garage List
2018 BMW M2  [9.50]
There were definitely people with both US LCI and Euro LCI tail lights who have had issues with the car reporting "bulb" problems, the dashboard and iDrive throw "bad lightbulb" errors sporadically. Seems to primarily be related to the turn signals themselves but not 100% on that. I don't think these are people who retrofitted the lights to pre-facelift cars, I'm pretty sure I've seen complaints on stock cars.

I bought my Euro tails only about 10 months after getting my car, so I hope they aren't part of one of those bad batches. So far I've had no problems (knock wood), but I specifically didn't sell my stock tails in case I had problems with the Euro ones. Dealership won't help you (or warranty-cover) with your retrofitted tails, even if they are still technically original BMW parts.
I'm also a fan of aural pleasure.
Appreciate 1