BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW M2 Forum > M2 vs... > Video: M2C vs. Civic Type R - Track Review (Throttle House)

05-22-2019, 12:09 AM   #111
CP911
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: '18 M240i 6-speed Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thescout13 View Post
Yes I follow every race. And in the constructors rankings, which is what actually matters for engines, Honda is third, and mind you, for the first time in years and years.

But the absurdity that you think Honda's formula 1 engine has any relationship to the Type R is laughable.
Your reading comprehension is the only thing laughable if you really think I said anywhere that Honda's F1 power unit is even remotely related to the Type R.

You don't get to arbitrarily decide what matters for engines. The constructor's championship goes to the TEAM with the biggest sponsorship name based on who put up the most money. Even if a Honda engine was in the car that ends up winning the whole thing, it would be Red Bull Racing who wins the constructor's, not Honda. Your argument is shit just like your reading skills! To me, the actual drivers' standings and their corresponding engines say just as much about the engine's performance and merit as the constructor's championship, which is only there so these massive brands can have something to show for the millions and millions they've invested in the sport.
      05-22-2019, 12:11 AM   #112
Thescout13
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '20 F80 M3CS, %E2%80%9818 GT3

Quote:
Originally Posted by CP911 View Post
Quote:
Yes I follow every race. And in the constructors rankings, which is what actually matters for engines, Honda is third, and mind you, for the first time in years and years.

But the absurdity that you think Honda's formula 1 engine has any relationship to the Type R is laughable.
Your reading comprehension is the only thing laughable if you really think I said anywhere that Honda's F1 power unit is even remotely related to the Type R.

You don't get to arbitrarily decide what matters for engines. The constructor's championship goes to the TEAM with the biggest sponsorship name based on who put up the most money. Even if a Honda engine was in the car that ends up winning the whole thing, it would be Red Bull Racing who wins the constructor's, not Honda. Your argument is shit just like your reading skills! To me, the actual drivers' standings and their corresponding engines say just as much about the engine's performance and merit as the constructor's championship, which is only there so these massive brands can have something to show for the millions and millions they've invested in the sport.
False. The championship would go to Red Bull Honda not just Red Bull. The constructors championship was created to see who can make the best engine and car. The first constructors championship was in 1958. How the hell was that for big brands? There wasn't any money in formula 1 back then. Again "facts".

And why do you feel like you have to attack and insult people on here? Do you think it makes you right? Or feel better? Have a good one keyboard warrior.
Wife's Prior Car: 2018 F80 M3, Yas Marina Blue, DCT, Black 19s, Carbon Structure Anthracite Cloth/Leather Combination, Driving Assistance Package (Euro Delivery Oct. 9, 2017)
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2019, 12:20 AM   #113
CP911
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: '18 M240i 6-speed Coupe

Quote:
False. The championship would go to Red Bull Honda not just Red Bull. The constructors championship was created to see who can make the best engine and car. Again "facts".

And why do you feel like you have to attack and insult people on here? Do you think it makes you right? Or feel better? Have a good one keyboard warrior.
Do they call it the Constructor's Championship or the Constructor's Engine Supplier Championship?

Who's attacking who when you are quoting me and questioning whether I watch the sport? This is a forum. Respond to someone and expect to be responded back to. Don't cry about it.

Your comments about the Honda being "racer boy" and "still a Honda" only prove my initial point that people are just hating out of hardcore fanboyism and disrespect. It's cool. You guys look small from way up here on my high horse.
      05-22-2019, 08:13 AM   #114
Thescout13
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '20 F80 M3CS, %E2%80%9818 GT3

Quote:
Originally Posted by CP911 View Post
Quote:
False. The championship would go to Red Bull Honda not just Red Bull. The constructors championship was created to see who can make the best engine and car. Again "facts".

Do they call it the Constructor's Championship or the Constructor's Engine Supplier Championship?

Who's attacking who when you are quoting me and questioning whether I watch the sport? This is a forum. Respond to someone and expect to be responded back to. Don't cry about it.

Your comments about the Honda being "racer boy" and "still a Honda" only prove my initial point that people are just hating out of hardcore fanboyism and disrespect. It's cool. You guys look small from way up here on my high horse.
Ok man, sure. You want to disagree with people, fine, it's a forum. You cross the line and starting insulting people, and then you're just a dick.

Have a good one man. You need to lighten up a bit.
Wife's Prior Car: 2018 F80 M3, Yas Marina Blue, DCT, Black 19s, Carbon Structure Anthracite Cloth/Leather Combination, Driving Assistance Package (Euro Delivery Oct. 9, 2017)
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2019, 09:07 PM   #115
scflaw
Captain
Rep
Drives: M135I, Macan S, G26 i4M50

Is it me but does the guy with the british/australian accent come off as not very knowledgeable? The chubby guy seems like somebody you could goto a bar with.
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2019, 09:30 PM   #116
qnet
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 18 Jeep Wrangler, 18 M2 LBB

Wow, this thread really went off the rails. I don't have a lot to say, other than I like the Type R. I wouldn't take one over my M2 but, if I have money to burn I'd own one.
Appreciate 1
D22M21366.50
      05-23-2019, 10:45 PM   #117
scflaw
Captain
Rep
Drives: M135I, Macan S, G26 i4M50

Quote:
Originally Posted by qnet View Post
Wow, this thread really went off the rails. I don't have a lot to say, other than I like the Type R. I wouldn't take one over my M2 but, if I have money to burn I'd own one.
I'd do the new megane rs. Saw the non trophy version in person and the car actually looks quite nice.
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2019, 02:07 AM   #118
qnet
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 18 Jeep Wrangler, 18 M2 LBB

Quote:
Originally Posted by scflaw View Post
I'd do the new megane rs. Saw the non trophy version in person and the car actually looks quite nice.
That's A cool little car, never heard of it. It's too bad we can't get it in the U.S.
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2019, 06:12 AM   #119
bimmer456
Major General
Rep
Drives: 340i

These appear to be very close with a competent driver who can drive manual. A track with more straightaways particularly at the beginning and end like many tracks will give the advantage to the M2C. Also if you go with a DCT this will give it even more of an edge vs the manual only type R. I saw this car race a Lexus LC500 and it was close as well though the Lexus driver sucked.

Appreciate 0
      10-21-2019, 07:28 PM   #120
detroitm2
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2

Garage List
2018 BMW M2  [0.00]
Not sure that track was the best for comparing a large higher HP car like the M2C. He only managed to get up to 90mph once on the entire run. Very small track that's going to favor nimble/light cars over power.

I'll bet you wouldn't get much better time in a c7 vette, either.

I'd be interested to see how that shakes out on a larger track.
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2019, 02:22 AM   #121
aerobat
Private First Class
Sweden
Rep
Drives: M Roadster

Without investigating to much it seems to me that those guys are more in the "happy amateur" league? I attach a test performed by the most accountable paper in Europe, german "Sport Auto". This is an older comparison with OG M2.
Track is Hockenheim GP (a bit longer) and the diff is more than 3.5s.
Even so, I think Honda Type-R is an excellent car, fun and very good value.
But... the feeling in a M2 is just so much more. RWD, 6 cylinder, length mounted engine, fantastic sound etc.
And faster it sure is.
Attached Images

Previous: BMW M2 DCT M Performance Suspension/Stage2, Porsche 993 Carrera 2S, Porsche 993 Carrera 2, Porsche 964 Carrera 2 Cab,Mazda RX8, Porsche 930 Turbo, BMW M3 E36, BMW M3 E30, BMW M5 E34, BMW 325iM Coupe
Appreciate 1
heavyD^23684.00