BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M2 Forum > M2 Photos, Videos and Builds > Hello, an introduction, new to me '20 M2C

07-05-2022, 10:39 PM   #1
DLEFTY
Private
Rep
Drives: '20 BMW M2C

Hello, an introduction, new to me '20 M2C

Wanted to say hello and introduce myself to the group, looking forward to learning from the many experienced owners here, and hopefully contributing where I can along the way. Can't wait for PM's to be active!

Was set on finding an Alpine White M2C, that is until I saw Hockenheim Silver Metallic in person a few weeks back, and decided right then and there, I must have that color! Searched one out the next day, found one with great clean history, went and got it and drove it all the way home.

2020 BMW M2 Competition, Beautiful Hockenheim Silver Metallic.

So far:
*later this week replacing the all season tires that car had on with new stock sized Michelin Pilot Super Sport tires.
*last week installed IND painted front side markers and Axxeon gloss black honeycomb rear reflector inserts.
*tore off the yellowing rear quarter PPF, installed brand new PPF that extends and covers slightly larger area, also installed some on the headlights while I was at it.
*full decon, prep, polish, and ceramic coating install to make maintenance washing a breeze!

Deciding on a 2nd set of wheels (Apex SM10, VS-5RS, Titan7 TS-5, OE763M, or something from Signature Wheel) and what to do 255/35-19F 275/35-19R or 265/30-19F 295/30-19R tire wise for them.

Looking into adding some M Performance carbon fiber parts as well, as I need things to be perfect, and aftermarket carbon fitment makes me nervous, any gaps or imperfections will drive me crazy!

Looking forward to the interactions.
Attached Images

Last edited by DLEFTY; 07-06-2022 at 08:09 AM..
Appreciate 12
      07-06-2022, 05:55 AM   #2
nismosao
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: '13 Toyota Tacoma, '21 M2C

Welcome and enjoy.
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2022, 08:21 AM   #3
jonbardzy
Private
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW M2 Comp

Garage List
Congrats man car looks sick. And good move on switching to the super sports, they are fantastic tires
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2022, 08:44 AM   #4
10SecGG
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW G82 X-Drive,

Congrats on the new ride!! Looks great.
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2022, 09:45 AM   #5
Navy Davy
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 Competition

Welcome! I'm also in process of deciding on potential carbon fiber bits and new wheels/tires setup.

X-PH was having a sale on their newly offered carbon, it's worth a look. Richland Forged's "Project Nurburg" (RF-GT4) wheels are worth a look as well. From what I've read you can't go wrong with KW V3 or Ohlins R&T coilovers for the drop and also suspension upgrade.
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2022, 12:22 PM   #6
DLEFTY
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonbardzy View Post
Congrats man car looks sick. And good move on switching to the super sports, they are fantastic tires
They are indeed good, have had on previous cars. Happened to be by default for this car as the Pilot Sport 4s is backordered in one of the two sizes needed.

Have Pilot Sport Cup 2 and Toyo R888R currently on another car, one of those or maybe Bridgestone RE71RS will find their way to the 2nd set of wheels for this car.
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2022, 12:24 PM   #7
DLEFTY
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Navy Davy View Post
Welcome! I'm also in process of deciding on potential carbon fiber bits and new wheels/tires setup.

X-PH was having a sale on their newly offered carbon, it's worth a look. Richland Forged's "Project Nurburg" (RF-GT4) wheels are worth a look as well. From what I've read you can't go wrong with KW V3 or Ohlins R&T coilovers for the drop and also suspension upgrade.
Yes, anything aftermarket carbon makes me nervous, you got a 50/50 shot it fits perfect and looks perfect when you get it. M Performance does both, but I’m always willing to look!

I’m holding off on anything suspension related for this car until my ability in the car outperforms the stock set up. Once and if that happens, then I’ll change it up!
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2022, 05:16 PM   #8
IcewaterPete
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 F33 M Sport, 2021 M2C 6MT

Welcome and enjoy! A couple of questions…where did you buy it and then drive to? Manual or auto? First drive home impressions?
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2022, 05:19 PM   #9
HazChem
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 BSM M2C

Garage List
Congrats! Definitely stick to MP carbon fiber bits even though they cost more. Their fit and finish are spot on and have the added benefit of being OE.
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2022, 06:45 PM   #10
AlpsRider
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: M2 Competition, LBB, 6MT

Congrats on your new ride!

I bought the Apex VS-5RS wheels for my M2C. They are nice looking, light and a really good value. I found a pair of new Michelin Cup2 240's from an M2CS owner. I live in a temperate climate so I can run them all year, they're impressive for stock size.

I bought aftermarket CF for the rear spoiler and the front splitter, both look great and are holding up well. The one CF piece that I went OEM is the rear diffuser. The BMW OEM diffuser fits all the curves in the bumper perfectly.

If you go on road cruises with other cars I'd definitely get the front bumper, hood, front fenders and rocker panels covered in Xpel. I opted to do the rear bumper as well which saved me a bumper respray already.
Happy Trails!
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2022, 07:09 PM   #11
DLEFTY
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by IcewaterPete View Post
Welcome and enjoy! A couple of questions…where did you buy it and then drive to? Manual or auto? First drive home impressions?
Thank you!
First, I grew up on manual transmissions, no problem with them, BUT, I’m a DCT guy now, a great dual clutch with paddles will be my preference, so that’s what I sought out and got. I’m getting old and lazy to be shifting all the time, haha, plus I can’t shift faster than a DCT!
Bought in North Carolina, driven home to upper Midwest 😁
Went into it with no expectations as it’s an extra car, and not much of a BMW person prior, BUT, I am really digging this car, the ride home and the couple times I have driven it since, it has won me over. It’ll be a keeper for a while! It has won me over, much happier I went with it over an M3 or M4.
Appreciate 2
BigKutta3905.00
      07-06-2022, 07:13 PM   #12
DLEFTY
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlpsRider View Post
Congrats on your new ride!

I bought the Apex VS-5RS wheels for my M2C. They are nice looking, light and a really good value. I found a pair of new Michelin Cup2 240's from an M2CS owner. I live in a temperate climate so I can run them all year, they're impressive for stock size.

I bought aftermarket CF for the rear spoiler and the front splitter, both look great and are holding up well. The one CF piece that I went OEM is the rear diffuser. The BMW OEM diffuser fits all the curves in the bumper perfectly.

If you go on road cruises with other cars I'd definitely get the front bumper, hood, front fenders and rocker panels covered in Xpel. I opted to do the rear bumper as well which saved me a bumper respray already.
Happy Trails!
Thanks for the feedback. Yes if I go the Apex route I’ll most likely do the 255/35-19 fronts and 275/35-19 rears, a little wider than stock. Need to get to ordering stuff so I can start the backorder countdown and hopefully have it all by next spring!
My other car is 100% covered in PPF, we shall see how deep I want to go on this car, but you are correct, it is absolutely the right thing to do if concerned with chips and scratches and day to day road abuse.
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2022, 10:08 PM   #13
IcewaterPete
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 F33 M Sport, 2021 M2C 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLEFTY View Post
Thank you!
First, I grew up on manual transmissions, no problem with them, BUT, I’m a DCT guy now, a great dual clutch with paddles will be my preference, so that’s what I sought out and got. I’m getting old and lazy to be shifting all the time, haha, plus I can’t shift faster than a DCT!
Bought in North Carolina, driven home to upper Midwest 😁
Went into it with no expectations as it’s an extra car, and not much of a BMW person prior, BUT, I am really digging this car, the ride home and the couple times I have driven it since, it has won me over. It’ll be a keeper for a while! It has won me over, much happier I went with it over an M3 or M4.
Excellent! No shade from me on the DCT...both trans are fun in their own way. Hopefully you got to drive some good roads in NC before you returned. I went down there this spring and enjoyed the Tail of the Dragon and other roads. Up your way there are some good roads too. This past weekend I hit WI 42 to Northport in Gils Rock. Not 11 miles like the dragon but still a ton of fun!
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2022, 08:06 PM   #14
DLEFTY
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by IcewaterPete View Post
Excellent! No shade from me on the DCT...both trans are fun in their own way. Hopefully you got to drive some good roads in NC before you returned. I went down there this spring and enjoyed the Tail of the Dragon and other roads. Up your way there are some good roads too. This past weekend I hit WI 42 to Northport in Gils Rock. Not 11 miles like the dragon but still a ton of fun!
Nice trip to Door County for you I see, makes sense, you're from Illinois, you invade up there every summer