BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
M2 Technical Topics > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis > AP Racing Brake Kit question

06-23-2022, 04:08 PM   #1
JCLG19
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 Competition

AP Racing Brake Kit question

Hi all,

Just trying to get some clarity around the AP Racing Caliper system. Currently looking at the 6 piston CP8520 front kit. Does anyone know if Pagid RSL29's fit the system as I have a spare set that I would like to use?

Can someone also give me an idea on where this system sits within their range, i feel the pro 5000 is a bit overkill for what I need hence why I'm looking at this.

Thanks in advance!
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2022, 04:58 PM   #2
CoffeeLife
Coffee Every Day
Rep
Drives: 2021 M2C

Garage List
2021 BMW M2C  [10.00]
The RSL29s wont fit based on the reference material I found. You can see the dimensions for the pagid pads here: https://www.torqued.io/pagid-bmw-m2-...ont-brake-pads

And the size limit of the CP8520s here: https://apracing.com/cdn/drawings/cp8520-2~5s0_cd.pdf

Also the pro5000r series is great. Stock was also perfect too. If I wasnt trying to fit 18" wheels on the front I would have left the stock 6P BBK on the car.
-Recaro Pole Position , 2kBody Half Cage, Pinnacle Motorsports Half Cage (On order), CAE Shifter
-Remus Race + BR EL Mid
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2022, 05:01 PM   #3
CoffeeLife
Coffee Every Day
Rep
Drives: 2021 M2C

Garage List
2021 BMW M2C  [10.00]
Also what do you currently have on the car and what do you plan on doing?
-Recaro Pole Position , 2kBody Half Cage, Pinnacle Motorsports Half Cage (On order), CAE Shifter
-Remus Race + BR EL Mid
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2022, 02:19 AM   #4
JCLG19
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoffeeLife View Post
The RSL29s wont fit based on the reference material I found. You can see the dimensions for the pagid pads here: https://www.torqued.io/pagid-bmw-m2-...ont-brake-pads

And the size limit of the CP8520s here: https://apracing.com/cdn/drawings/cp8520-2~5s0_cd.pdf

Also the pro5000r series is great. Stock was also perfect too. If I wasnt trying to fit 18" wheels on the front I would have left the stock 6P BBK on the car.
Thanks for the details, it's been a nightmare trying to find equivalent pads to what I normally run. Any recommendations on what to run with the AP kit, was looking at the DSL1s?

I run the blue caliper on the front right now, srf fluid, braided lines, and Pagid RSL29s front and rear. The oem discs are gone and pads on the front need replacing again hence why I saw the opportunity to go 6 BBK.

Use the car mainly for track but still have elements of spirited weekend drives/road trips.
Appreciate 0
      06-28-2022, 07:50 AM   #5
jritt@essex
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: e90 335i, NSX, 997.2, 987.1

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCLG19 View Post
Thanks for the details, it's been a nightmare trying to find equivalent pads to what I normally run. Any recommendations on what to run with the AP kit, was looking at the DSL1s?

I run the blue caliper on the front right now, srf fluid, braided lines, and Pagid RSL29s front and rear. The oem discs are gone and pads on the front need replacing again hence why I saw the opportunity to go 6 BBK.

Use the car mainly for track but still have elements of spirited weekend drives/road trips.
Hi,
Our front AP Racing by Essex World Radi-CAL II (Road) system can be found here:
https://www.essexparts.com/essex-des...p9562380mm-F80

The CP8520 (World Radi-CAL I) was used in some early Radi-CAL systems from other distributors, but most have moved on to the World Radi-CAL II.

The calipers we use in our front system are the CP9562 World Radi-CAL II. The most common pads our clients use in this system are the Ferodo DS2500 (street, AutoX, light track duty on street tires) and Ferodo DS1.11 for heavy track use. A set of DS2500 is included with our kit. The Ferodo DS1.11 would be the Pagid RSL29 equivalent. The DS1.11 is an endurance racing compound. The 2500 / 1.11 combo is the business and plays nice together when run on the same disc.

Here's a detailed article I wrote on choosing from the Ferodo pad lineup. It details the characteristics of both pads I mentioned above:

Which Ferodo Brake Pad Compound is Right for Me?

Please let me know what other questions you have and thanks for your consideration. While we call our WRII based systems 'Road' Kits, they are incredibly capable and we have lots of clients running them on track.

Our Essex systems are available through AP's authorized UK distributors such as Circuit Supplies. If they aren't willing to supply our product, please just contact me directly and I'll put you in touch with someone who can put our kit in your hands. Thanks!
Appreciate 0