BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW M2 Forum > Regional Forums > UK > RHD to LHD for the LED headlights?

01-17-2021, 01:03 PM   #1
Maximoosh
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW M2

RHD to LHD for the LED headlights?

Hi all, just wondered if anyone can help me? I moved to spain and am planning to get my M2 registered here..... I took the car to the local BM dealership here to have the headlights adjusted for LHD and they said they couldn't it's an M2 LCI with the standard (non-icon) LED headlights. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2021, 03:04 PM   #2
CurryPuff
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: None

Apparently the BMW LED headlights are a W pattern, meaning, they're not raised on the passenger side or point to the edge of the road to see pedestrians. This is also what the manual says.
That being said, I've driven through Germany, Switzerland, France and Belgium without the stickers on the headlight and the French oncoming cars used to flash their lights (multiple cars and trucks) and I had to put the stickers on the headlight on.
In theory, you should be fine without the need to swap headlights, unless people flash at you.

You could also check realoem for the headlight part numbers '18 lci in LHD and RHD
Appreciate 0