BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
M2 Technical Topics > N55 Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Bolt-ons / Tuning > Dyno plots of each mod: Exhaust only to FBO + BM3

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      01-09-2018, 11:00 PM   #23
NO_USER_
Captain
No_Country
538
Rep
752
Posts

Drives: .
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: .

iTrader: (2)

Really interested with an ~E20-E30 mix. Thought of putting in some 100 octane, $10/gallon lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltraMagneticAL View Post
1) Most likely the latest OTS map? I purchased and installed at EAS on 1/5/18. Looks like its v3 currently installed.
2) 6MT. i'll ask Steve if he can do a 5th gear pull next time.
4) after talking w/ tehboost and getting to know how to clean up the logs, it looks like its probably two issues: fuel and IAT. I've got the AA FMIC, but they only had one fan pointed at the front of the car, and two smaller blowers pointed at the oil coolers, and it was a warm-ish day. the HPFP dipped as low as ~1700psi w/ a target of 2800psi. i see a number of knock events pulling the timing, so that's probably why it's not hitting the peaks. tehboost has a custom map - so i may end up going that route when i can get some good 3rd gear pulls after the rains stop here.

here are the datalogs we got from a few runs on the dyno:
http://www.bootmod3.net/log?id=5a4ffd8fd10b432e86f675d6
http://www.bootmod3.net/log?id=5a4fff09d10b432e86f675da
http://www.bootmod3.net/log?id=5a5002f2d10b432e86f675df
http://www.bootmod3.net/log?id=5a50036cd10b432e86f675e0

i also have easy (but expensive) access to 100 octane, or i can probably add a splash of e85 and see if that helps calm down the knocking events.
Appreciate 1
FSociety3784.00
      01-17-2018, 05:28 AM   #24
MTWO
Captain
470
Rep
924
Posts

Drives: M2
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Innisfil

iTrader: (0)

+33whp from just an OTS is awesome! Youíre also running only about 15psi! I think you got 400 in there even on that shitty 91 with another 1psi maybe?
Appreciate 1
FSociety3784.00
      01-19-2018, 03:12 PM   #25
UltraMagneticAL
Meh
UltraMagneticAL's Avatar
926
Rep
782
Posts

Drives: M3CS & Cayman S
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Cali

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2019 BMW M3 CS  [0.00]
2018 X3 M40i  [0.00]
2017 BMW M2  [10.00]
got an updated tune today pushing the ots map up by 0.5psi. the good news is i broke 400whp. the bad news is it crashes hard up top. eas thinks i need to reduce the spark plug gap. once i get back to a computer, I'll study the logs and see what happened.

http://www.bootmod3.net/log?id=5a624307d10b430edd6c787d

http://www.bootmod3.net/log?id=5a62413ed10b430edd6c7874

http://www.bootmod3.net/log?id=5a623f92d10b430edd6c7872
Attached Images
 
Appreciate 2
NO_USER_537.50
FSociety3784.00
      01-19-2018, 05:10 PM   #26
NO_USER_
Captain
No_Country
538
Rep
752
Posts

Drives: .
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: .

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltraMagneticAL View Post
got an updated tune today pushing the ots map up by 0.5psi. the good news is i broke 400whp. the bad news is it crashes hard up top. eas thinks i need to reduce the spark plug gap. once i get back to a computer, I'll study the logs and see what happened.

http://www.bootmod3.net/log?id=5a624307d10b430edd6c787d

http://www.bootmod3.net/log?id=5a62413ed10b430edd6c7874

http://www.bootmod3.net/log?id=5a623f92d10b430edd6c7872
Doesn't look like the car adapted to the tune, see your logs, data is messed up. Probably needs a few pulls to fully adapt so that you can log accurately. But congrats on the 400+
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2018, 05:44 PM   #27
Orange fever
Colonel
Orange fever's Avatar
Thailand
2332
Rep
2,806
Posts

Drives: E36M,E46M,E90M,X5M,i3,M2,i8
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: SoCal. in the hood!!!

iTrader: (5)

Oh yes!!!
Need to tweek something...
Drive around with the tune for a week and see how it does with the tune and try another Dyno
__________________

BMW I12 i8 Frozen Yellow- H&R springs, 22" Radenergie F10 Monoblock Forged ///
F87 M2 Aw -Vorsteiner Aero Kit, VFF-107,Macht Schnell-Springs,VF-Engineering/Hex tuning Stage Two,ER DP,Stock Exhaust,Drop-In Bmc Filter,AA Intercooler,FTP Charge pipe+boost pipe/// Wish list :Mexico delivery 2024 BMW M2 (G87)
Appreciate 2
NO_USER_537.50
FSociety3784.00
      01-20-2018, 01:42 AM   #28
cookiesowns
;)
cookiesowns's Avatar
586
Rep
898
Posts

Drives: X5 45e, 535i N54, X3 N55
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: West

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tehboost View Post
Doesn't look like the car adapted to the tune, see your logs, data is messed up. Probably needs a few pulls to fully adapt so that you can log accurately. But congrats on the 400+
This is not a matter of adaptation. Car not adapting to the tune will not cause hard drops like this. This is just a tune that's too aggressive or something going awry.

Unfortunately Allen's logs are all corrupted
__________________
BM3, MHD, ECUTek Calibrator | N55/S58 specialist | 2023 X5 45e Frozen Marina Bay Blue
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2018, 03:19 AM   #29
FSociety
IG @BmwF9x_G80
FSociety's Avatar
No_Country
3784
Rep
7,565
Posts

Drives: F98 X4MC, F90 M5, F80 M3 ZCP
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: NYC to NJ to Orlando FL

iTrader: (3)

Garage List
2023 BMW G80 M3  [0.00]
2020 BMW X4MC  [0.00]
16' BMW X4 M40i  [10.00]
06 Cadillac STS  [0.00]
Wow! Strong numbers but I definitely see the data got stuck somewhere

You might need to
- update OBD Agent version if you're WiFi box
- download latest OBD Agent if using laptop and browser should bring you into 0.9.39
__________________
60-130mph 6.5s X4M
60-130mph 5.14s G80 M3

IG: @bmwF9X_G80

Appreciate 0
      01-20-2018, 03:40 AM   #30
NO_USER_
Captain
No_Country
538
Rep
752
Posts

Drives: .
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: .

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cookiesowns View Post
This is not a matter of adaptation. Car not adapting to the tune will not cause hard drops like this. This is just a tune that's too aggressive or something going awry.

Unfortunately Allen's logs are all corrupted
I was referring to his logs.
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2018, 08:40 AM   #31
UltraMagneticAL
Meh
UltraMagneticAL's Avatar
926
Rep
782
Posts

Drives: M3CS & Cayman S
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Cali

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2019 BMW M3 CS  [0.00]
2018 X3 M40i  [0.00]
2017 BMW M2  [10.00]
I'll try getting cleaner logs today. eas took the logs while it was on the Dyno, and I'm not sure if obd agent was updated. i have my own cable now, so I'll try again later
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2018, 04:26 PM   #32
MTWO
Captain
470
Rep
924
Posts

Drives: M2
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Innisfil

iTrader: (0)

Attaboy! Congrats! 404whp on 91 still? Thatís almost 50whp gains over stock. One trick for logs is to go to the about screen and click that reset button. I had an issue long while back too and that fixed it for me.
Appreciate 1
FSociety3784.00
      01-21-2018, 08:28 PM   #33
SeanWRT
Colonel
SeanWRT's Avatar
3162
Rep
2,576
Posts

Drives: E90 M3 & F87 M2
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Shanghai

iTrader: (1)

UltraMagic, were you getting 355whp as baseline with catback only on 91OCT? How is baseline ambient condition compared to the 400whp run?

A 45-50whp delta from a FBO+91OCT on flash is already impressive.

Log your newest map on 3rd gear from 1500-7000. Should explain everything.
__________________
Lemania 2320
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2018, 08:39 PM   #34
UltraMagneticAL
Meh
UltraMagneticAL's Avatar
926
Rep
782
Posts

Drives: M3CS & Cayman S
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Cali

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2019 BMW M3 CS  [0.00]
2018 X3 M40i  [0.00]
2017 BMW M2  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanWRT View Post
UltraMagic, were you getting 355whp as baseline with catback only on 91OCT? How is baseline ambient condition compared to the 400whp run?

A 45-50whp delta from a FBO+91OCT on flash is already impressive.

Log your newest map on 3rd gear from 1500-7000. Should explain everything.
ambient temperature between the first run and the last run is nearly identical. both taken in January, nearly a year apart. I'll need to find time (and a place) to do a clean 3rd gear run.
Appreciate 1
FSociety3784.00
      01-22-2018, 03:39 PM   #35
FSociety
IG @BmwF9x_G80
FSociety's Avatar
No_Country
3784
Rep
7,565
Posts

Drives: F98 X4MC, F90 M5, F80 M3 ZCP
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: NYC to NJ to Orlando FL

iTrader: (3)

Garage List
2023 BMW G80 M3  [0.00]
2020 BMW X4MC  [0.00]
16' BMW X4 M40i  [10.00]
06 Cadillac STS  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by UltraMagneticAL View Post
ambient temperature between the first run and the last run is nearly identical. both taken in January, nearly a year apart. I'll need to find time (and a place) to do a clean 3rd gear run.
Even on dyno
__________________
60-130mph 6.5s X4M
60-130mph 5.14s G80 M3

IG: @bmwF9X_G80

Appreciate 0
      01-24-2018, 09:07 PM   #36
UltraMagneticAL
Meh
UltraMagneticAL's Avatar
926
Rep
782
Posts

Drives: M3CS & Cayman S
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Cali

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2019 BMW M3 CS  [0.00]
2018 X3 M40i  [0.00]
2017 BMW M2  [10.00]
latest logs

http://www.bootmod3.net/log?id=5a69323ed10b434f82532cc0

http://www.bootmod3.net/log?id=5a6930e7d10b434f82532cbf

why is cyl 2 missing?
Appreciate 1
NO_USER_537.50
      01-24-2018, 09:22 PM   #37
FSociety
IG @BmwF9x_G80
FSociety's Avatar
No_Country
3784
Rep
7,565
Posts

Drives: F98 X4MC, F90 M5, F80 M3 ZCP
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: NYC to NJ to Orlando FL

iTrader: (3)

Garage List
2023 BMW G80 M3  [0.00]
2020 BMW X4MC  [0.00]
16' BMW X4 M40i  [10.00]
06 Cadillac STS  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by UltraMagneticAL View Post
Because you didn't reset datalog settings to default or might of unchecked it by mistake lol.
__________________
60-130mph 6.5s X4M
60-130mph 5.14s G80 M3

IG: @bmwF9X_G80

Appreciate 1
NO_USER_537.50
      01-24-2018, 09:54 PM   #38
UltraMagneticAL
Meh
UltraMagneticAL's Avatar
926
Rep
782
Posts

Drives: M3CS & Cayman S
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Cali

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2019 BMW M3 CS  [0.00]
2018 X3 M40i  [0.00]
2017 BMW M2  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by FSociety View Post
Because you didn't reset datalog settings to default or might of unchecked it by mistake lol.
D'oh, yeah. i never went into that menu before...weird
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2018, 10:16 PM   #39
NO_USER_
Captain
No_Country
538
Rep
752
Posts

Drives: .
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: .

iTrader: (2)

Nice! have the new spark plugs gone in?

what about a new FMIC, those IATs rise quickly?
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2018, 10:29 PM   #40
SeanWRT
Colonel
SeanWRT's Avatar
3162
Rep
2,576
Posts

Drives: E90 M3 & F87 M2
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Shanghai

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltraMagneticAL View Post
Is this the same map as when you puts down 400 on dyno? Pretty nice runs, only gripe would be fueling, same old. DME didn't back off load but I wouldn't be comfortable stressing pump like that in long term.

Power wise, interesting fact:
2k5~4k5: same as mine (except for waste gate tuning)
4k5~6k: same as Tehboost
6k+: weaker than Tehboost but you should have matched him (provided fueling is there) if it were not for the nannies that I clearly see Dzenan put in all his OTS V3. I won't go more specific on that here.

One more thing if you don't mind I speaking right in your face. AA intercooler performs poorly. Please upgrade.
__________________
Lemania 2320
Appreciate 1
NO_USER_537.50
      01-24-2018, 10:40 PM   #41
NO_USER_
Captain
No_Country
538
Rep
752
Posts

Drives: .
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: .

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanWRT View Post
Is this the same map as when you puts down 400 on dyno? Pretty nice runs, only gripe would be fueling, same old. DME didn't back off load but I wouldn't be comfortable stressing pump like that in long term.

Power wise, interesting fact:
2k5~4k5: same as mine (except for waste gate tuning)
4k5~6k: same as Tehboost
6k+: weaker than Tehboost but you should have matched him (provided fueling is there) if it were not for the nannies that I clearly see Dzenan put in all his OTS V3. I won't go more specific on that here.

One more thing if you don't mind I speaking right in your face. AA intercooler performs poorly. Please upgrade.
+1 upgrade that FMIC asap
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2018, 10:57 PM   #42
UltraMagneticAL
Meh
UltraMagneticAL's Avatar
926
Rep
782
Posts

Drives: M3CS & Cayman S
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Cali

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2019 BMW M3 CS  [0.00]
2018 X3 M40i  [0.00]
2017 BMW M2  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by tehboost View Post
Nice! have the new spark plugs gone in?

what about a new FMIC, those IATs rise quickly?
no new plugs yet. and haven't gapped them yet. just wanted to get a clean datalog

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanWRT View Post
Is this the same map as when you puts down 400 on dyno? Pretty nice runs, only gripe would be fueling, same old. DME didn't back off load but I wouldn't be comfortable stressing pump like that in long term.

Power wise, interesting fact:
2k5~4k5: same as mine (except for waste gate tuning)
4k5~6k: same as Tehboost
6k+: weaker than Tehboost but you should have matched him (provided fueling is there) if it were not for the nannies that I clearly see Dzenan put in all his OTS V3. I won't go more specific on that here.

One more thing if you don't mind I speaking right in your face. AA intercooler performs poorly. Please upgrade.
same tune as the 400hp run. yeah, looks like FMIC will need to get replaced.
Appreciate 3
NO_USER_537.50
SeanWRT3162.00
FSociety3784.00
      05-21-2018, 12:08 AM   #43
Nezil
Major
Nezil's Avatar
1400
Rep
1,467
Posts

Drives: LCI '18 6MT M2
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: San Francisco Bay Area

iTrader: (0)

I realise that this thread is now about 4 months old, but I just posted in another thread about the timing issues I'm seeing with the BM3 Stage 2 91 Octane OTS map, and when comparing my logs to UltraMagneticAL's first set of logs in this thread, they look almost identical!

The latest logs posted by UltraMagneticAL however are much cleaner, AND they run the 93 Octane higher boost target of 17.22!

My question to UltraMagneticAL is simple... what did you do to clean up your timing (if anything) in the later logs? Were you still using straight 91 pump gas, or are those logs after adding Race Gas, E85 or octane booster?

Some charts to illustrate my point:

My car with a 3:1 blend of 91 pump gas and Sunoco SS100 Race Gas (93.25 effective AKI), running v5.3 91 Octane Stage 2 OTS map (peak boost target of 15.77psi):



UltraMagneticAL's car with I believe 91 pump gas running v3 91 Octane Stage 2 OTS map (peak boost target of 15.77psi):



UltraMagneticAL's car with unknown gas, running an 'updated' tune (peak boost target of 17.22psi!). I suspect this log was taken in Sport mode rather than DSC Off by the way; the Throttle Angle dips are very typical of DSC intervention:



I found that mixing in the Sunoco SS100 reduced my knock detected events, but hasn't helped the timing pull. Whatever either UltraMagneticAL or proTUNING Freaks has done has obviously worked to fix the timing pull.
__________________
2018 ///M2 LCI, LBB, 6MT...

Current Performance Mods:
CSF FMIC, ER CP, Fabspeed Cat, Aquamist WMI, GFB DV+, NGK 97506, BM3 (Stage 2 93 OTS), CDV delete, UCP, M2C/M3/M4 Strut Brace, M3/M4 Reinforcement Rings
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2018, 12:34 PM   #44
UltraMagneticAL
Meh
UltraMagneticAL's Avatar
926
Rep
782
Posts

Drives: M3CS & Cayman S
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Cali

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2019 BMW M3 CS  [0.00]
2018 X3 M40i  [0.00]
2017 BMW M2  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nezil View Post
I realise that this thread is now about 4 months old, but I just posted in another thread about the timing issues I'm seeing with the BM3 Stage 2 91 Octane OTS map, and when comparing my logs to UltraMagneticAL's first set of logs in this thread, they look almost identical!

just pump gas from shell or 76. except for the dyno session where we put torco in due to temp, everything was straight pump 91 gas.
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:20 PM.




m2
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2023, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST