BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M2 Forum > Regional Forums > USA - NY/NJ/PA/CT > BMW Ridgefield

03-13-2021, 06:23 AM   #1
Sublime00
Banned
Rep
Drives: Car

BMW Ridgefield

Has anyone had experience with the service department at BMW of Ridgefield in Connecticut?
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2021, 06:04 AM   #2
carchrism5
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2, X3 M40i, 911

Yes, I've used them a few times over the years. Honestly it is a huge hit or miss. Back when I had my 1M I used them because one of their lead techs had one as well and tracked down a bizarre issue in mine which was great. On another instance I took a 5 series in and not only did they tell me repairs were needed that were not, they didn't even follow the few requests I made upon dropping off. Took to another indy after to do the work and they called to tell me nothing was actually needed that BMW said and showed me why. Haven't been back for service since.

However in the last year or so they have been making a huge push for getting the enthusiast crowd and I've actually been there to look at cars. I would actually try to reach out to whomever is heading that push (via social media) and getting the proper service advisor.
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2021, 07:56 AM   #3
Sublime00
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by carchrism5 View Post
Yes, I've used them a few times over the years. Honestly it is a huge hit or miss. Back when I had my 1M I used them because one of their lead techs had one as well and tracked down a bizarre issue in mine which was great. On another instance I took a 5 series in and not only did they tell me repairs were needed that were not, they didn't even follow the few requests I made upon dropping off. Took to another indy after to do the work and they called to tell me nothing was actually needed that BMW said and showed me why. Haven't been back for service since.

However in the last year or so they have been making a huge push for getting the enthusiast crowd and I've actually been there to look at cars. I would actually try to reach out to whomever is heading that push (via social media) and getting the proper service advisor.
I was there to drive a car, and they have a pretty extensive inventory of M cars (used) and it seemed like a smaller dealer and not a high volume service dept like the one at Rallye on LI.

I'm willing to drive, a couple of hours if needed, for a solid servicing dealer but tough to find one in the area.

Any recommendations would be appreciated. I tried searching on bimmerpost but it seems service department reputations have ebbs and flows both in terms of work quality and customer service. So not sure where.
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2021, 10:20 AM   #4
carchrism5
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2, X3 M40i, 911

I'm not sure where in NY you are located but I have yet to encounter a dealership that has a service department that stands out above the rest. For general service in this area I would probably use Ridgefield for the M2 but reaching out to find the best SA first. For an oil change type thing I really don't think it is worth driving hours, maybe I'd dig deeper if I was going in for a motor replacement or something but for general, no.
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2021, 10:34 AM   #5
Sublime00
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by carchrism5 View Post
I'm not sure where in NY you are located but I have yet to encounter a dealership that has a service department that stands out above the rest. For general service in this area I would probably use Ridgefield for the M2 but reaching out to find the best SA first. For an oil change type thing I really don't think it is worth driving hours, maybe I'd dig deeper if I was going in for a motor replacement or something but for general, no.
Yeah I didn't mean that I'm going to drive hours for oil change.

Getting to any dealer (for me) is at least a 45 min trek bc the local service dept isn't that great. So if I'm driving that much anyway might as well get some opinions from fellow members regarding their experience.

I think a good dealership/service dept is usually found by word of mouth esp with BMW bc quality is all over the place. I never had this issue with Lexus or even Honda.
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2021, 07:12 AM   #6
Mr. F22
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: m235i

FWIW, me and my family have had relatively good experiences in general with Ridgefield BMW.

Last year I brought my car to them after my indy mechanic told me my transmission pan was sweating. My warranty was ending in a few months so I wanted to get it in before then. 20 minutes after the car was dropped off my SA msgd me telling me they were completely replacing the transmission and it had already been ordered. Seamless experience.

Years ago my mother's E46 wagon was having a weird issue that they had trouble replicating or diagnosing after having the car maybe half a dozen times. Once I finally took the tech out with me and demonstrated the issue, they able to diagnose and resolve the issue - all under warranty. Slightly less seamless of an experience but still a good outcome and no out of pocket cost.

Both cars were purchased from them not that that should make a difference.
Appreciate 1
Sublime001137.00