11-13-2018, 10:34 PM   #24
akkando
Major General
Rep
Drives: 17 M2 DCT LBB,11 e90 M3 ZCP IB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Economatic View Post
One more (final?) update...

I did a test drive in a used 2018 M2 with only 300 miles at the local dealership last weekend. I really liked it but the LBB color and lack of moonroof were deal breakers for me. In fact, the SA agreed with me about the color.

I also asked about getting an M2C from another dealer and the manager said they wouldn't bother trying with a car in such high demand. So I had them put my name on their list for a 2020 M2, assuming there will in fact be a 2020 M2 manufactured and if my local dealership will get one. I was told they got 2 allocations in the last 3 years so the chances are not great. I also have to assume I could get bumped down the list by one of their long-term customers.
If you want one go get one. If you have to wait on that dealership you might never see one. If you don't want one bad enough to deal with the short term annoyance of traveling hours to pick up your car once, then you don't want one.
Appreciate 2
3tekcorps826.00
mhanism277.00
      11-13-2018, 10:46 PM   #25
3tekcorps
Major
Rep
Drives: In Gestation

Quote:
Originally Posted by akkando View Post
If you want one go get one. If you have to wait on that dealership you might never see one. If you don't want one bad enough to deal with the short term annoyance of traveling hours to pick up your car once, then you don't want one.
Exactly.. I was in a dealership last fall and they still had OG M2 buyers in the Order Bank for a car. They thought it was sorta funny and assumed the buyers went elsewhere after a year or two.
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2018, 11:22 PM   #26
bobert
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: manual shift cars

Quote:
Originally Posted by cptobvious View Post
But strangely enough, folks on this forum will sniff out randomly available cars that pop up at dealerships and post about them.
But, every now and again one will get listed on this forum and if you're aggressive and willing to travel, it can be yours.
True - and not just cars popping up at dealerships, but available allocations too. That's how I got mine last year when original dealer disappeared. And he was in CA while I ended up ordering from a dealer in TX (meanwhile, I'm in MD). I was looking on here for ppl to post about available allocations.

OP - I wouldn't wait for 2020 if you want one now - just keep looking for posts on here. The car isn't as limited as some dealers would have you think - while some have waiting lists, there are other dealers that will have allocations (or cars) pop up. Just keep looking on here and you will likely be able to get a 2019.
      11-14-2018, 03:17 PM   #27
Economatic
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2 Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3tekcorps View Post
Exactly.. I was in a dealership last fall and they still had OG M2 buyers in the Order Bank for a car. They thought it was sorta funny and assumed the buyers went elsewhere after a year or two.
Yikes, that's good to know! I'll be sure to contact them every couple months to make sure they know I'm still interested.

I'm willing to be patient to get the car built how I want so that's why I was planning on an order. That's actually why I was asking about allocations--I was hoping to get an order placed soon so the car could be delivered sometime early spring. Maybe I can find one in the spring but if not then there's always 2020.
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2019, 12:10 AM   #28
Economatic
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

I'm back. Well, I never left but I was still lurking while quietly searching for an M2C.

Just an update. Like many of you said, there are plenty of M2C's out there if you look. I actually found two (2!) last week in Portland where buyers backed out of the deal at the last minute. I seriously considered one of them but it was one of those dealers that wanted $5k over MSRP but were willing to give me a "deal" for sticker price. Then they tried to make up that $5k by offering me a ridiculous amount for my trade-in. In all fairness some negotiation improved the numbers but it still wasn't a good deal.

Can anyone here recommend a dealership to work with on a European Delivery? I've decided to do a cash purchase with no trade-in so I'm looking for a dealership anywhere on the west coast (also AZ, NV, UT, or ID) that will likely have a 2020 allocation and will do ED sales.

Please let me know. Feel free to PM me if you have any dealers or contacts to recommend. Thanks in advance.
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2019, 05:42 AM   #29
bri1042
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2021 IOMG M3 6MT

Quote:
I'm back. Well, I never left but I was still lurking while quietly searching for an M2C.

Just an update. Like many of you said, there are plenty of M2C's out there if you look. I actually found two (2!) last week in Portland where buyers backed out of the deal at the last minute. I seriously considered one of them but it was one of those dealers that wanted $5k over MSRP but were willing to give me a "deal" for sticker price. Then they tried to make up that $5k by offering me a ridiculous amount for my trade-in. In all fairness some negotiation improved the numbers but it still wasn't a good deal.

Can anyone here recommend a dealership to work with on a European Delivery? I've decided to do a cash purchase with no trade-in so I'm looking for a dealership anywhere on the west coast (also AZ, NV, UT, or ID) that will likely have a 2020 allocation and will do ED sales.

Please let me know. Feel free to PM me if you have any dealers or contacts to recommend. Thanks in advance.
I saw those two on Portland BMW's site (and now they're gone). I'm surprised that they're still trying to get over MSRP...I wonder if they actually did. I still haven't seen another M2C in the wild around here other than mine...so also wondering where all the Portland Metro M2C drivers are. Good luck on your hunt!
Appreciate 2
bnz7322.00
      01-08-2019, 07:49 AM   #30
Economatic
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bri1042 View Post
I saw those two on Portland BMW's site (and now they're gone). I'm surprised that they're still trying to get over MSRP...I wonder if they actually did. I still haven't seen another M2C in the wild around here other than mine...so also wondering where all the Portland Metro M2C drivers are. Good luck on your hunt!
That's interesting. It is in fact Portland BMW that I was working with and I believe both M2C's are still available. At least I know the white one is because they sent me a purchase agreement yesterday afternoon and both cars are supposedly in transit to SC. I didn't see either car in their online inventory. I only learned about them just by chance because I inquired about an M4 in their inventory and the SA mentioned the M2C's as another option.

This is funny though...I specifically contacted this dealership in October and asked them to let me know if an M2C comes available. Apparently I wasn't important enough to make that list!
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2019, 10:07 AM   #31
NEfan508
Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2019 M2C

New here too,

In my market several Bmw stores almost laughed @ me for asking about ordering, 5 phone calls later I found a store in CT. agreeing to possibly horse trade for a allocation selling at sticker.

Deposit given 12/06, euro delivery 02/12 home mid April?

Keep Calling!
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2019, 02:48 PM   #32
bri1042
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2021 IOMG M3 6MT

Quote:
That's interesting. It is in fact Portland BMW that I was working with and I believe both M2C's are still available. At least I know the white one is because they sent me a purchase agreement yesterday afternoon and both cars are supposedly in transit to SC. I didn't see either car in their online inventory. I only learned about them just by chance because I inquired about an M4 in their inventory and the SA mentioned the M2C's as another option.

This is funny though...I specifically contacted this dealership in October and asked them to let me know if an M2C comes available. Apparently I wasn't important enough to make that list!
There are a lot of folk who have been well taken care of by Portland BMW. I've attempted to deal with them three times, and left feeling like they didn't want my business each time. Very possible that I don't look the part (I am not one to dress up to go give people my money...) or whatever. There's one local Merc dealership that's on my "never" list for their lack of interest in selling cars, too. I've heard the same thing about the dealership that I work with (you know, the other one in town...) so I honestly think that how well we click with a specific dealership comes down to the first salesperson you work with, doing a deal, and then being a known customer for subsequent deals. A lot of dealerships probably worked harder on allocations for current customers than folk who've never bought a car from them.

It shouldn't be that way, but I think it is.
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2019, 07:49 PM   #33
HERR FSTIR
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: LBB M2C, VO 1M, GSA 1200

Garage List
Sounds like you're not interested in going down to SoCal to buy, but thought of this thread today when I stopped by dealer in Escondido and saw a BSM M2C (black wheels I think).
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
      01-08-2019, 09:09 PM   #34
Economatic
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bri1042 View Post
There are a lot of folk who have been well taken care of by Portland BMW. I've attempted to deal with them three times, and left feeling like they didn't want my business each time. Very possible that I don't look the part (I am not one to dress up to go give people my money...) or whatever. There's one local Merc dealership that's on my "never" list for their lack of interest in selling cars, too. I've heard the same thing about the dealership that I work with (you know, the other one in town...) so I honestly think that how well we click with a specific dealership comes down to the first salesperson you work with, doing a deal, and then being a known customer for subsequent deals. A lot of dealerships probably worked harder on allocations for current customers than folk who've never bought a car from them.

It shouldn't be that way, but I think it is.
I think you're right about dealerships offering allocations to current customers and I'm sure it doesn't help that I'm from out of town. The only dealership that has expressed any interest in getting me a car is BMW of Bend and they're almost certain they won't get an allocation. Even if they get one I sensed they have others on the list before than me. It's too bad because the SA I've been working with is awesome.

I'm mainly focused on getting on order lists for 2020's hoping that my name comes up because I'm one of the few out there who wants a moonroof. I haven't seen many with that option in dealer inventories. I also just learned about the European Delivery option so now my wife is convinced we need to go to Germany to pick up the car. I actually think getting an M2C through the ED program is a nearly requirement for us now...

Quote:
Originally Posted by HERR FSTIR View Post
Sounds like you're not interested in going down to SoCal to buy, but thought of this thread today when I stopped by dealer in Escondido and saw a BSM M2C (black wheels I think).
I appreciate you sharing this. I'll consider buying from a dealer out of SoCal later this year if my efforts to order a 2020 fail.
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2019, 09:49 PM   #35
F87_LCI
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2018 LBB F87

Quote:
Originally Posted by HERR FSTIR View Post

Quote:
I appreciate you sharing this. I'll consider buying from a dealer out of SoCal later this year if my efforts to order a 2020 fail.

Just be aware that due to new emission laws in Kalifornia, effective immediately all performance engines/exhausts have been swapped out for a basket of freshly washed kittens to ensure no air/noise pollution is produced. Cars are neutered, but they are so cute...awwww
Attached Images

Appreciate 2
cptobvious2531.50
TProfit81.50
      01-08-2019, 10:34 PM   #36
Soulmate
Private
Rep
Drives: '23 X3 M40i

I live in Reno, NV. When I bought a used X1 from BMW Concord in CA it was a pain to deal with the registration and taxes. Plus Concord refused to let me drive the car off the lot, I had to transport it; this even though it turns out I was charged CA registration fees...unbelievable. Then I had to wait at the DMV twice because smog check rules in CA are different than in NV. (this doesn't apply to new cars of course)

I looked at one from Peter Pan, and supposedly they would've let me drive it off the lot.

With the M2C from my local dealer, I can register the car online, plus a grace period to get my insurance.

Personally, I prefer to wait for an allocation/delivery rather than jump through hoops buying out of state. Guess I'm not enough of an enthusiast lol.
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2019, 02:10 AM   #37
aWanderlustSeoul
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW M2 Competition HS

When I look on autotrader there are over 100+ M2Cs available in the US (Manual and DCT combined) and not all of them appear to have a dealer markup.

Other than exterior color, seat color, transmission, and possibly adding a moonroof or executive package there should be plenty of M2Cs to choose from without having to wait for a dealer allocation unless folks are interested in EUD. The options for this car is fairly limited so I didn't really care about exterior color and was open to all colors except SO and BSM - my last two cars were black and I want a less high maintenance color that looked ok with having to clean/wash it all the time.

And based on my experience, I also disagree that most dealers are only providing allocations to existing customers. Maybe this is more true for Porsche and other higher end and exotic manufacturers but it's not like the M2C is a limited production car.

I'm not a BMW fanboy and have never owned a BMW before. I just called two local dealers in June 2018, and I was able to get an allocation at both dealers for MSRP. I ended up canceling my allocation in August since I was not sure if I really wanted the car. More details of the cars I was interested in and my buying experience are in a separate thread:

https://f87.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...=discounted+m2

Long story short, I ended up purchasing an M2C 3 weeks ago from out of state with a 5% discount off MSRP with no negotiation. The client advisor was awesome and the deal was done in a couple of days just over texts, emails, some phone calls, and I spent 30 mins at one of their local partner dealerships to sign the paperwork and provide my down payment. I spent 20 of 30 mins just waiting for the finance guy so it was pretty painless. The car was picked up at the out of state dealer last week and should arrive for pickup tomorrow.
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2019, 03:03 AM   #38
Soulmate
Private
Rep
Drives: '23 X3 M40i

You got a great deal price wise. The dealer definitely wanted the car sold asap due to winter. Congrats also on the hassle free paperwork too, that certainly wasn't my experience! Fyi I had to pay $500 for open transport from Concord CA to Reno (I think the SA said they charged someone $1500 to ship from CA to NJ). I hope your DMV registration experience goes well also lol.

Speaking of winter, I think I will have to change tires to the Pilot Sport A/S 3+ if I want to drive enough miles to get to the break in point before Spring. Sounds like it would be unsafe to drive through the Sierra mountains with the Super Sport summer tires.

edit to add: I'm a moonroof guy, and I'm super glad I got it, since I never knew the rear windows in this car do not open!...or am I just a moron and I just don't see the buttons for it LOL!
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2019, 10:47 AM   #39
Economatic
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soulmate View Post
I live in Reno, NV. When I bought a used X1 from BMW Concord in CA it was a pain to deal with the registration and taxes. Plus Concord refused to let me drive the car off the lot, I had to transport it; this even though it turns out I was charged CA registration fees...unbelievable. Then I had to wait at the DMV twice because smog check rules in CA are different than in NV. (this doesn't apply to new cars of course)

I looked at one from Peter Pan, and supposedly they would've let me drive it off the lot.

With the M2C from my local dealer, I can register the car online, plus a grace period to get my insurance.

Personally, I prefer to wait for an allocation/delivery rather than jump through hoops buying out of state. Guess I'm not enough of an enthusiast lol.
What a mess, that's one of my concerns about getting a car from out of state. I guess I'll have to do a lot of research before pursuing an out of state car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aWanderlustSeoul View Post
When I look on autotrader there are over 100+ M2Cs available in the US (Manual and DCT combined) and not all of them appear to have a dealer markup.

Other than exterior color, seat color, transmission, and possibly adding a moonroof or executive package there should be plenty of M2Cs to choose from without having to wait for a dealer allocation unless folks are interested in EUD. The options for this car is fairly limited so I didn't really care about exterior color and was open to all colors except SO and BSM - my last two cars were black and I want a less high maintenance color that looked ok with having to clean/wash it all the time.

And based on my experience, I also disagree that most dealers are only providing allocations to existing customers. Maybe this is more true for Porsche and other higher end and exotic manufacturers but it's not like the M2C is a limited production car.

I'm beginning to think this is largely an issue with Oregon dealerships and it's where I've gone terribly wrong with my car search. Just yesterday I called the other dealership in Portland to make sure I was still on their allocation list for 2020's. Nope. They took me off it, said they have more names than allocations they'll possibly get. I even specifically asked that they keep my contact info in case of customers cancelling orders. They refused that as well and told me to contact dealerships in California. They'll sell me a different BMW but they won't sell me an M2C. Now out of principle I can't work the two largest dealerships in Oregon. lol

But I'm very encouraged by the number of discounted M2C's that are out of state so I feel no pressure to pay a dealer markup if my goal for a European Delivery falls through.

Check these out:

$2,613 below MSRP: https://www.rickhillimports.com/new/...98ceaaf7ee.htm

$2,900 below MSRP: https://www.bmwofweststlouis.com/new-vehicles/m2/

And this one shows on Autotrader as $3,500 below MSRP. Wow! https://www.bmwdelraybeach.com/new/B...13086f3af8.htm

There are also a few I've found discounted under $1,000 so there are plenty of options. I can't complain if the year ends and I still don't have an M2C in my garage.
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2019, 10:56 AM   #40
NEfan508
Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2019 M2C

New to forum
Hi all,

Got allocation in December for February 12 EU delivery, dealer told me my build needed confirmation, few days later they told me manual wasn't available but color and other specs fine?

I was truly on the fence Auto/Manual but colors 100% now weeks later I want the manual

is this common for a build to have some options available and others not?

Example wheels bi color is a wait but black on (backorder parts) 1 month+

Update: after asking my dealer the reason not having the manual available as option last month with no real response other than the screen box was red? (Unavailability) asking to try again also no luck telling me the build is locked? I contacted bmw, rep told me she could confirm it's available and my car isn't in (150 status locked) just yet, she will contact my dealer to help hold someone's hand to get it done, magically 30 min later I got a email confirming the the ZMT manual.

were they just nuts? no matter, I'm getting my alpine white ZMT soon
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2019, 11:21 AM   #41
McSmash
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: M2 Competition

Quote:

I have an M2C ordered through Humboldt Bay BMW. They're they only ones I've found on the West Coast not charging ADM. When I called them, they didn't have a waiting list, but I'm not sure how many allocations they have going forward. Might be worth giving them a call.
Appreciate 1
      01-09-2019, 12:14 PM   #42
Economatic
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by McSmash View Post
I have an M2C ordered through Humboldt Bay BMW. They're they only ones I've found on the West Coast not charging ADM. When I called them, they didn't have a waiting list, but I'm not sure how many allocations they have going forward. Might be worth giving them a call.
Perfect! This is exactly the info I'm looking for and they're not too far away from me. Thanks for the tip.
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2019, 12:23 PM   #43
Teargas415
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: F87 M2 Comp , e46 m3 ,e90 335i

Hi all ,
I’m trying to get info about no more manuals available for future allocations I’m # 4 on the allocation list at a dealership in the sf Bay Area. Just little worried about a recent post that said “the dealership told the gentleman no more manuals available . Can anyone give insight on this matter. Thanks in advanced
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2019, 08:23 PM   #44
bplewis24
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 LBB M2 Comp; Tesla Model3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teargas415 View Post
Hi all ,
I’m trying to get info about no more manuals available for future allocations I’m # 4 on the allocation list at a dealership in the sf Bay Area. Just little worried about a recent post that said “the dealership told the gentleman no more manuals available . Can anyone give insight on this matter. Thanks in advanced
The M2C still can be ordered with a manual. I wonder if they're getting confused with the rumors about the M2 CS (2020?) being DCT only?

By "future allocations" it sounds like they are referring to MY2020 allocations, but as far as I've heard (mostly on this forum) there is not much different about that car...it is still an M2 Competition. Maybe news will come out stating differently, but I would take dealership chatter with a grain of salt. It seems like forumers know more than many sales people.