BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW M2 Forum > BMW M2 Competition Model > What color M2C did you order (or after you changed your mind)

View Poll Results: What color M2C did you order (after you changed your mind)
Alpine White 31 10.37%
Black Sapphire Metallic 41 13.71%
Hockenheim Silver 131 43.81%
Long Beach Blue 63 21.07%
Sunset Orange 33 11.04%
Voters: 299. You may not vote on this poll

08-14-2018, 02:13 AM   #45
Davil
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: M2 CS, 18 Vantage AMR, 00 WRX

Garage List
At least things are getting easier now that cars are shipping.
Or is that harder?
Attached Images

Appreciate 4
Shekels89.50
DARKMTTR229.00
cptobvious2531.50
      08-14-2018, 09:09 AM   #46
cptobvious
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2C HS DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davil View Post
At least things are getting easier now that cars are shipping.
Or is that harder?

Man, I love you guys. I've found some kindred spirits here! I was 100% LBB, and then all these amazing photos of HS came out, so clearly I had to switch, and then it occurred to me that orange interior goes better with SO, so another call to my SA, and now some new photos of BSM have surfaced really showing off how aggressive the car looks in black, so I changed my mind again. And, then, finally, my wife reminded me that HS is the color unique to the M2C, that it would be easier to maintain... so I'm full circle back to HS again.

Can you imagine those poor saps who walk onto a dealer lot, take 5 minutes to look at a car, and then just buy it? Those people just have no idea how to enjoy life agonizing over stuff like the color!!!
Appreciate 5
StLuis51457.50
DARKMTTR229.00
Davil6333.50
JTO245246.50
      08-14-2018, 09:38 AM   #47
Kleinacus
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2C 6MT Build Week 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by cptobvious View Post
Man, I love you guys. I've found some kindred spirits here! I was 100% LBB, and then all these amazing photos of HS came out, so clearly I had to switch, and then it occurred to me that orange interior goes better with SO, so another call to my SA, and now some new photos of BSM have surfaced really showing off how aggressive the car looks in black, so I changed my mind again. And, then, finally, my wife reminded me that HS is the color unique to the M2C, that it would be easier to maintain... so I'm full circle back to HS again.

Can you imagine those poor saps who walk onto a dealer lot, take 5 minutes to look at a car, and then just buy it? Those people just have no idea how to enjoy life agonizing over stuff like the color!!!
Haha. I really liked the combo of the HS, orange stitch, and dark wheels. I really wanted that light/dark contrast on the outside that is really easy with all the black trim/badge/tips. I think a simple tint, MPE, and CF rear diffuser will only enhance it. I'm going for a white-ish/silver dress shirt with black tie look. If everything goes according to plan, I'm hoping it'll look the part in 10 years just as good as it does in a month.
Appreciate 0
      08-14-2018, 09:51 AM   #48
cptobvious
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kleinacus View Post
Quote:

Haha. I really liked the combo of the HS, orange stitch, and dark wheels. I really wanted that light/dark contrast on the outside that is really easy with all the black trim/badge/tips. I think a simple tint, MPE, and CF rear diffuser will only enhance it. I'm going for a white-ish/silver dress shirt with black tie look. If everything goes according to plan, I'm hoping it'll look the part in 10 years just as good as it does in a month.
Oh, yeah! That's gonna be sweet. My thinking is exactly in line with yours. Any CF additions are only going to make it pop even more!
Appreciate 0
      08-14-2018, 11:03 AM   #49
M3GymNut
Major
Rep
Drives: 2021 M3Comp

Quote:

LOL, you almost went through the whole color lineup...
Appreciate 1
      08-14-2018, 11:22 AM   #50
atxsk8r
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020M2C

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
Seems that Hockenheim Silver is going for the win again.
I don't think so, seems like a lot of people are changing their minds about his color. If everyone was able to see this color in person first, definitely would have different results because in photos you can't tell how much pearl this paint has, too much IMO.
Appreciate 0
      08-14-2018, 11:40 AM   #51
Apachesmith
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M2 Competition (ordered)

Quote:
Exact same spec as mine would really appreciate some pics when it arrives!
Appreciate 0
      08-14-2018, 11:41 AM   #52
Kleinacus
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apachesmith View Post
Exact same spec as mine would really appreciate some pics when it arrives!
Will do. I should have it in about a month if all goes according to plan. Entered the assembly line this morning.
Appreciate 1
      08-14-2018, 11:44 AM   #53
Apachesmith
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Will do. I should have it in about a month if all goes according to plan. Entered the assembly line this morning.
Being a European...... I have to wait until October for mine

Probably to give BMW time to work out how to get 410bhp with the OPF's fitted...
Appreciate 0
      08-14-2018, 11:47 AM   #54
///M Houbi
Major
Switzerland
Rep
Drives: M2 Competition

Garage List
HS is more pearl than metallic in real life. Its not white, it's rather a very light gray with only very subtle metallic hints.

Without much light neither pearl nor metallic is really visible, it then the looks like a primer in light gray (very underwhelming to me).

With light/sun its much more pearl (to much pearl for me) and every non bmw enthusiast would say its either a white or a slightly dirty white car.

...BSM here i come!!!
Appreciate 2
DARKMTTR229.00
      08-14-2018, 04:45 PM   #55
Kleinacus
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Being a European...... I have to wait until October for mine

Probably to give BMW time to work out how to get 410bhp with the OPF's fitted...
So I just dropped everything and went to Devon, PA BMW as I was told they had my exact same spec on the floor that was sold about not going to be there long. I'll post pics as soon as my phone gets some charge.

I'm very happy with my decision. Now mind you I was originally considering AW so the fact that this is lighter than most like does not bother me at all. The color is awesome but I can certainly understand why it's turned into such a controversial color. The dark 788Ms are not nearly as bad as the forum would lead on. I actually really liked the wheel in person. Am I happy it's heavy? No. Am I happy it fits the car well and better than I expected? Absolutely.

The orange stitching is killer. It was probably the one option I wasn't sure on but I am very glad I went that route with the HS exterior. I thought seeing the car in person would somehow put my mind at easy and I'd sleep like a baby tonight. Rather, the countdown is on now more than it was 2 hours ago. Ahhhhhhh.
Appreciate 2
      08-14-2018, 07:17 PM   #56
csbear
Major
Rep
Drives: SO M2C

After debating between HS, LBB, or BSM the last few weeks, I'm sticking with HS.

My sales guy (who sells a ton of M cars) saw an HS M2C at the Texas (?) BMW event, and convinced me to stick with HS. His pics helped as well. There was a BSM M2 parked in front of the dealer and it just didn't do it for me after seeing it up close.

LBB while nice, is pretty much the defacto color of the OG M2. And since it is an obscure blue, I could tire of it later.

HS is the signature color for the M2C, but also the CF diffuser, CF spoiler and dark 788s will really pop. And in the Nevada heat, having something like BSM would be tough. But, on the other hand, the Nevada sunniness will really benefit HS!

Only thing I may consider switching now is to the orange interior stitch, instead of blue.
Appreciate 0
      08-14-2018, 07:22 PM   #57
Kleinacus
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by csbear View Post
After debating between HS, LBB, or BSM the last few weeks, I'm sticking with HS.

My sales guy (who sells a ton of M cars) saw an HS M2C at the Texas (?) BMW event, and convinced me to stick with HS. His pics helped as well. There was a BSM M2 parked in front of the dealer and it just didn't do it for me after seeing it up close.

LBB while nice, is pretty much the defacto color of the OG M2. And since it is an obscure blue, I could tire of it later.

HS is the signature color for the M2C, but also the CF diffuser, CF spoiler and dark 788s will really pop. And in the Nevada heat, having something like BSM would be tough. But, on the other hand, the Nevada sunniness will really benefit HS!

Only thing I may consider switching now is to the orange interior stitch, instead of blue.
Go orange, go orange, go orange. You won't regret it. Your rationale for HS is perfect. So since your exterior color is relatively mild, you have the liberty of going orange stitch. It goes so well with the HS. Also, there is blue stitching in so many recent BMWs that aren't Ms. After seeing the HS, dark 788Ms, and orange stitch today, I'm shocked that they didn't do the orange stitch as the launch option.
Appreciate 2
cptobvious2531.50
ChrisK4449.00
      08-14-2018, 07:51 PM   #58
cptobvious
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by csbear View Post

Go orange, go orange, go orange. You won't regret it. Your rationale for HS is perfect. So since your exterior color is relatively mild, you have the liberty of going orange stitch. It goes so well with the HS. Also, there is blue stitching in so many recent BMWs that aren't Ms. After seeing the HS, dark 788Ms, and orange stitch today, I'm shocked that they didn't do the orange stitch as the launch option.
It's great to hear you say that. I almost went with blue, as my SA gave me a funny look when I said I wanted orange. I was worried that maybe it was just too "out there" of a color combo. But you having seen it in person and liking it is a great confidence builder!
Appreciate 0
      08-14-2018, 08:37 PM   #59
csbear
Major
Rep
Drives: SO M2C

Quote:
Haha! Yep, the prevalence of blue stitching in general is a big reason I'm going to change.
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2018, 04:27 AM   #60
Apachesmith
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
So I just dropped everything and went to Devon, PA BMW as I was told they had my exact same spec on the floor that was sold about not going to be there long. I'll post pics as soon as my phone gets some charge.

I'm very happy with my decision. Now mind you I was originally considering AW so the fact that this is lighter than most like does not bother me at all. The color is awesome but I can certainly understand why it's turned into such a controversial color. The dark 788Ms are not nearly as bad as the forum would lead on. I actually really liked the wheel in person. Am I happy it's heavy? No. Am I happy it fits the car well and better than I expected? Absolutely.

The orange stitching is killer. It was probably the one option I wasn't sure on but I am very glad I went that route with the HS exterior. I thought seeing the car in person would somehow put my mind at easy and I'd sleep like a baby tonight. Rather, the countdown is on now more than it was 2 hours ago. Ahhhhhhh.
You're keeping me in suspense - where are those pics?
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2018, 08:28 AM   #61
Foyc55
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: HS M2 CS

Quote:

I bought that car! Picking it up tomorrow or Saturday!
Appreciate 3
Davil6333.50
AlpsRider2857.50
      08-16-2018, 08:35 AM   #62
Kleinacus
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
You're keeping me in suspense - where are those pics?
Sorry for the delay. I obviously had to post these ahead of the buyer taking delivery.

They didn't have the keys available (or lied to me!) so I didn't get a good picture of the orange stitching. Hopefully we get some better pictures from the buyer since they are now on this thread.
Attached Images

08-16-2018, 08:42 AM   #63
Kleinacus
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foyc55 View Post
Congrats! I shouldn't be too far behind you. Maybe 3 weeks? When Frank told me the initial buyer backed out, I was tempted to pitch me taking this one early and they could have mine when it arrived. He immediately told me he had a buyer in mind that sounded like they were taking it.

I'm assuming you are the person who had the 1M stage 3? If so, my condolences. No joke. My eyes watered up a bit when I heard the story.
      08-16-2018, 09:47 AM   #64
atxsk8r
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020M2C

Quote:
Sorry for the delay. I obviously had to post these ahead of the buyer taking delivery.

They didn't have the keys available (or lied to me!) so I didn't get a good picture of the orange stitching. Hopefully we get some better pictures from the buyer since they are now on this thread.
Congrats but what is up with the dealer putting that dumb sticker on the trunk?? Fail, get them to remove that asap!
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2018, 09:57 AM   #65
Kleinacus
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by atxsk8r View Post
Congrats but what is up with the dealer putting that dumb sticker on the trunk?? Fail, get them to remove that asap!
Totally. I'm telling them not to wash it, put a plate on it, or put any stickers on it. I'm driving it directly from the dealer to get it washed, clay bar-ed, and clear wrapped. The sticker isn't even level!

Basically my instructions are... roll it off the truck and call me. don't touch it.
      08-16-2018, 10:48 AM   #66
Apachesmith
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foyc55 View Post
Same spec as mine - Soooo selfishly lots of pictures and videos would be very appreciated.....
Appreciate 1
MTROIS187.50