BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
M2 Technical Topics > N55 Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Bolt-ons / Tuning > Thinking of these upgrades for overall daily/canyon carver package /DIY update thread

10-28-2019, 11:46 AM   #45
ddk632
Chief Senior Executive Managing VP of Orange Sales
United_States
Rep
Drives: 17 BMW F87 M2 6MT MG HBDGR !

Dyno update!

So, with all these mods the car has been fantastic to drive whether to the store, or for thousands of miles of road tripping and, of course, the infamous Tail of the Dragon in the Great Smoky Mountains!

I did all these mods right before a 3000 mile road trip to Chicago, where I had the RKP factory Matte Carbon Fiber roof installed by IND.

Then in the summer did another 2000+ mile trip to the dragon.

Everything has held up fantastic, no issues at all except the Pure Turbo inlet pipe which keeps coming out of the turbo. I'll get a nut on there at some point, for now I just pop the hood and shove it back in whenever it comes out haha.

Anyway on to the good stuff!

My seat of the pants dyno told me these mods made more power and the car has felt noticeably faster, in the low end. Top end not so much different. Lag is all but nonexistent thanks to the DV+.

The real dyno confirmed this, gained a few HP and over 20 max torque, putting the Honey Badger at 365 ish HP and almost 400 torque!

Run file 003 was stock
Run file 007 was Akra SportCat DP only
Runs 008 and 008 were from last week with all mods.

Still not running a tune. But thinking about BM3 to smooth things out and maybe bump the HP to 400.

Last edited by ddk632; 01-07-2020 at 10:52 AM.. Reason: Typo in run file number fixed
Appreciate 1
Altra265.50
      10-28-2019, 03:57 PM   #46
Altra
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2016 AW M2

365 at the wheels?? That's pretty impressive. We have almost the same mods, I'm missing Pure inlet, boost pipes, and DV+, but have everything else so it's nice to have visibility into what these parts can do on a stock tune. Thanks!
Appreciate 1
ddk632585.00