BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW M2 Forum > Pricing / Ordering / European Delivery / PCD > Scratches and curb rash not fixed at VPC anymore?

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      11-07-2019, 02:08 PM   #1
goku7
Private First Class
goku7's Avatar
United_States
90
Rep
150
Posts

Drives: 2020 BMW M2C
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: Bay Area, CA

iTrader: (0)

Scratches and curb rash not fixed at VPC anymore?

I just got a call from my dealer that the car is ready to be picked up. But there are some scratches on the bumper and the wheel. The guy who I dropped off with at Zurich noted that insurance will any scratches and curb rash before redelivery without any deductible but looks like that is not the case ?
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2019, 03:25 PM   #2
Thescout13
Brigadier General
Thescout13's Avatar
United_States
2594
Rep
3,819
Posts

Drives: '18 F80 M3, '20 F87 M2C
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: California

iTrader: (0)

This is no longer the case. There are a few threads were this was mentioned. They stopped sometime back in 2017 I believe. Our F80 was fixed at VPC in 2017, but others haven't had luck since.

See: ED Battle Scar within 24 hours https://f87.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1635581
__________________
Wife's Car: 2018 F80 M3, Yas Marina Blue, DCT, Black 19s, Carbon Structure Anthracite Cloth/Leather Combination, Driving Assistance Package (Euro Delivery Oct. 9, 2017)
Upcoming ED: 2020 F87 M2C, LBB, ZEC, 6MT
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2019, 08:42 AM   #3
somberlaine
Private First Class
somberlaine's Avatar
United_States
90
Rep
142
Posts

Drives: 2020 M2C (ED 6/6/19)
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: NOVA

iTrader: (0)

They'll fix any scratches if they occurred during transport but not if they occurred while driving the car in Europe. that's why they do the walk through at drop off.
Appreciate 1
Thescout132594.00

      11-08-2019, 10:31 AM   #4
Thescout13
Brigadier General
Thescout13's Avatar
United_States
2594
Rep
3,819
Posts

Drives: '18 F80 M3, '20 F87 M2C
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: California

iTrader: (0)

Also, another thing to remember is that the drop off location people are all contracted services, and not BMW. So they may not be up to date with the policy changes.
__________________
Wife's Car: 2018 F80 M3, Yas Marina Blue, DCT, Black 19s, Carbon Structure Anthracite Cloth/Leather Combination, Driving Assistance Package (Euro Delivery Oct. 9, 2017)
Upcoming ED: 2020 F87 M2C, LBB, ZEC, 6MT
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2019, 02:15 PM   #5
goku7
Private First Class
goku7's Avatar
United_States
90
Rep
150
Posts

Drives: 2020 BMW M2C
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: Bay Area, CA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by somberlaine View Post
They'll fix any scratches if they occurred during transport but not if they occurred while driving the car in Europe. that's why they do the walk through at drop off.
I was especially told it would be fixed through the insurance coverage
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2019, 04:09 PM   #6
Thescout13
Brigadier General
Thescout13's Avatar
United_States
2594
Rep
3,819
Posts

Drives: '18 F80 M3, '20 F87 M2C
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: California

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by goku7 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by somberlaine View Post
They'll fix any scratches if they occurred during transport but not if they occurred while driving the car in Europe. that's why they do the walk through at drop off.
I was especially told it would be fixed through the insurance coverage
Were you told by someone at BMW? Or a the drop off location people. If the latter, see my post above. If the former, was it the sales person or someone at BMWNA's ED department? Also, I believe the ED booklet you get in the mail even says it won't get fixed if you damage it while on ED.
__________________
Wife's Car: 2018 F80 M3, Yas Marina Blue, DCT, Black 19s, Carbon Structure Anthracite Cloth/Leather Combination, Driving Assistance Package (Euro Delivery Oct. 9, 2017)
Upcoming ED: 2020 F87 M2C, LBB, ZEC, 6MT
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2019, 05:11 PM   #7
goku7
Private First Class
goku7's Avatar
United_States
90
Rep
150
Posts

Drives: 2020 BMW M2C
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: Bay Area, CA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thescout13 View Post
Were you told by someone at BMW? Or a the drop off location people. If the latter, see my post above. If the former, was it the sales person or someone at BMWNA's ED department? Also, I believe the ED booklet you get in the mail even says it won't get fixed if you damage it while on ED.
I have to go through the booklet again. I was told by the guy who was accepting my drop off (non BMW)
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2019, 09:10 PM   #8
Sellotape
Private First Class
Sellotape's Avatar
22
Rep
112
Posts

Drives: M2C ED in August. 991 GT3
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: NJ

iTrader: (0)

I had a minor scratch that was not fixed at the port. Disappointing.
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2019, 03:31 PM   #9
goku7
Private First Class
goku7's Avatar
United_States
90
Rep
150
Posts

Drives: 2020 BMW M2C
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: Bay Area, CA

iTrader: (0)

same. picked up the car yesterday. crub rash still present in all its glory along with bumper scrapes. disappointed especially since the drop off guy told insurance will cover it no problem
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2019, 09:53 AM   #10
ROASTM
Enlisted Member
United_States
23
Rep
37
Posts

Drives: '20 M2C; '06 M3
Join Date: Aug 2019
Location: St. Louis

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by goku7 View Post
same. picked up the car yesterday. crub rash still present in all its glory along with bumper scrapes. disappointed especially since the drop off guy told insurance will cover it no problem
I find this to be an interesting topic. While I understand BMW's new take on fixing (~not fixing) wear and tear type items from cars that participated in European Delivery - this totally makes sense to me.

However, I know for a fact that I didn't scrape the bumper ANYWHERE in my 797 mile ED adventure, or curb any wheels - but I also know that the person who inspected the car at the Log-in-Out did a very minimal check of the car and wrote down that there were no issues to note.

Let's assume a given car had zero rock chips and zero bumper scrapes from ED, but then, while getting on/off a truck, or on/off the boat, the bumper scrapes somewhere after leaving the owner's hands, and a rock chip (or several) show up from the long voyage from Europe to the US.

I would then think that these items would certainly need to be covered at the VDC at BMW's expense, but I'd imagine there's certainly risk that they are glossed over and assumed to have been wear and tear from the owner's trip?

I'm sure they are using an amount of judgment at the VDC as far as repairing anything that would likely be considered minor and possible to have been incurred by the owner as wear and tear, or by someone involved in the transportation process - but no way for them to really know, absent the drop-off location personnel doing a full, thorough inspection of the vehicle (which didn't happen in my experience).

That being said, my car was ahead of schedule as far as ED transportation from Europe to US, landing in Baltimore within 21 days of drop-off, yet I was informed after reaching out to the ED personnel that the car had a piece of exterior trim damaged in transport and they are awaiting the parts for it - i was told about this a week ago and there's still no further update on the car's whereabouts other than it doesn't seem to have been released from processing yet.

The wait is killing me...
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2019, 11:09 AM   #11
xswesx
Enlisted Member
42
Rep
30
Posts

Drives: m1
Join Date: Mar 2019
Location: usa

iTrader: (0)

my brand new non ED m2 has been sitting at the port for over 3 weeks....

its like pulling teeth to figure out whats going on, really turning me off to the brand.

My last bmw for sure.
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2019, 03:36 PM   #12
ChrisRoman
Private First Class
71
Rep
185
Posts

Drives: 2020 M2C
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Orlando

iTrader: (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by xswesx View Post
my brand new non ED m2 has been sitting at the port for over 3 weeks....

its like pulling teeth to figure out whats going on, really turning me off to the brand.

My last bmw for sure.
which port? mine has been at Brunswick since 11/4 and every time I call they say they have emailed the VPC and are waiting for a response with a estimated date of arrival to the dealership
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2019, 05:17 PM   #13
Thescout13
Brigadier General
Thescout13's Avatar
United_States
2594
Rep
3,819
Posts

Drives: '18 F80 M3, '20 F87 M2C
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: California

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by xswesx View Post
my brand new non ED m2 has been sitting at the port for over 3 weeks....

its like pulling teeth to figure out whats going on, really turning me off to the brand.

My last bmw for sure.
Dude, you custom ordered a car, from a factory half way across the world, that has to get through customs/duties through multiple countries, and it will magically be delivered to your dealer at the same price as if you bought one off the lot. Are you seriously complaining about a delay in that process? If this turns you off to BMW, I suggest you swear off any foreign built cars and just buy ones built in the great ol' US.

In fact, why even buy it now? It's not an ED car that you already paid for. You aren't required to buy it. Just go get something else.

I get that you wish it was faster, but sometimes I think people need to take a step back and realize how complicated this process is and how even one hiccup caused by something as small as customs being 1 man down at the port has a cataclysmic impact on every chain of this process. As to not getting the information you want, just remember millions of goods enter the US a day and your car is one of the thousands of BMWs. Hard to get that level of detail to you. What is your SA supposed to do? Call the customs officer in charge? How would he even do that? Same thing with VPC.

Edit: I realize I am being a bit harsh. I think I would be annoyed too if this was my first rodeo. I did ED and my car took 4.5 weeks from US port to dealer, but since I have done this before and work heavily in supply chain legal issues, I get that delays happen. That being said, I see how it can sour the experience a bit and apologize if my original post comes off as really insensitive to that very real impression this is leaving on you.
__________________
Wife's Car: 2018 F80 M3, Yas Marina Blue, DCT, Black 19s, Carbon Structure Anthracite Cloth/Leather Combination, Driving Assistance Package (Euro Delivery Oct. 9, 2017)
Upcoming ED: 2020 F87 M2C, LBB, ZEC, 6MT
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2019, 06:06 PM   #14
CosmosMpower
Brigadier General
CosmosMpower's Avatar
1819
Rep
3,610
Posts

Drives: F80, F87c, GT3, MK7 GTI
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Frisco, TX

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thescout13 View Post
Dude, you custom ordered a car, from a factory half way across the world, that has to get through customs/duties through multiple countries, and it will magically be delivered to your dealer at the same price as if you bought one off the lot. Are you seriously complaining about a delay in that process? If this turns you off to BMW, I suggest you swear off any foreign built cars and just buy ones built in the great ol' US.

In fact, why even buy it now? It's not an ED car that you already paid for. You aren't required to buy it. Just go get something else.

I get that you wish it was faster, but sometimes I think people need to take a step back and realize how complicated this process is and how even one hiccup caused by something as small as customs being 1 man down at the port has a cataclysmic impact on every chain of this process. As to not getting the information you want, just remember millions of goods enter the US a day and your car is one of the thousands of BMWs. Hard to get that level of detail to you. What is your SA supposed to do? Call the customs officer in charge? How would he even do that? Same thing with VPC.

Edit: I realize I am being a bit harsh. I think I would be annoyed too if this was my first rodeo. I did ED and my car took 4.5 weeks from US port to dealer, but since I have done this before and work heavily in supply chain legal issues, I get that delays happen. That being said, I see how it can sour the experience a bit and apologize if my original post comes off as really insensitive to that very real impression this is leaving on you.
I don't know man, 3 weeks at the port is not normal. He probably already waited about 8-10 weeks since production. Once it gets to the port it should be at the dealer within a week or two unless there's a stop sale or recall.
Appreciate 1
Thescout132594.00

      11-19-2019, 07:40 PM   #15
Thescout13
Brigadier General
Thescout13's Avatar
United_States
2594
Rep
3,819
Posts

Drives: '18 F80 M3, '20 F87 M2C
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: California

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmosMpower View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thescout13 View Post
Dude, you custom ordered a car, from a factory half way across the world, that has to get through customs/duties through multiple countries, and it will magically be delivered to your dealer at the same price as if you bought one off the lot. Are you seriously complaining about a delay in that process? If this turns you off to BMW, I suggest you swear off any foreign built cars and just buy ones built in the great ol' US.

In fact, why even buy it now? It's not an ED car that you already paid for. You aren't required to buy it. Just go get something else.

I get that you wish it was faster, but sometimes I think people need to take a step back and realize how complicated this process is and how even one hiccup caused by something as small as customs being 1 man down at the port has a cataclysmic impact on every chain of this process. As to not getting the information you want, just remember millions of goods enter the US a day and your car is one of the thousands of BMWs. Hard to get that level of detail to you. What is your SA supposed to do? Call the customs officer in charge? How would he even do that? Same thing with VPC.

Edit: I realize I am being a bit harsh. I think I would be annoyed too if this was my first rodeo. I did ED and my car took 4.5 weeks from US port to dealer, but since I have done this before and work heavily in supply chain legal issues, I get that delays happen. That being said, I see how it can sour the experience a bit and apologize if my original post comes off as really insensitive to that very real impression this is leaving on you.
I don't know man, 3 weeks at the port is not normal. He probably already waited about 8-10 weeks since production. Once it gets to the port it should be at the dealer within a week or two unless there's a stop sale or recall.
Yeah, I see your point and that's one of the reasons behind the edit I made to my post.
__________________
Wife's Car: 2018 F80 M3, Yas Marina Blue, DCT, Black 19s, Carbon Structure Anthracite Cloth/Leather Combination, Driving Assistance Package (Euro Delivery Oct. 9, 2017)
Upcoming ED: 2020 F87 M2C, LBB, ZEC, 6MT
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2019, 08:22 PM   #16
xswesx
Enlisted Member
42
Rep
30
Posts

Drives: m1
Join Date: Mar 2019
Location: usa

iTrader: (0)

Thescout13

Calm down buddy. Obvious you have some kind of agenda you want to take out on me.

You also dont know my situation. My car was damaged in transport, and bmw isnt telling me shit. How would you feel if the company you just bought your expensive new car leaves you in the dark? Its substantial enough that it takes 3 weeks+ to fix.

some people....
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2019, 08:44 PM   #17
Rick4345
Major
Rick4345's Avatar
United_States
260
Rep
1,275
Posts

Drives: 2017 M2 6MT LBB
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Illinois

iTrader: (11)

Quote:
Originally Posted by xswesx View Post
Thescout13

Calm down buddy. Obvious you have some kind of agenda you want to take out on me.

You also dont know my situation. My car was damaged in transport, and bmw isnt telling me shit. How would you feel if the company you just bought your expensive new car leaves you in the dark? Its substantial enough that it takes 3 weeks+ to fix.

some people....
Obviously you didn't read his post. He apologized. Take it for what it is. I can tell that you're new to the forum and maybe to BMW. This guy is straight up. A veteran that's probably seen more things than we think about. I get it. I'm one too. I'm telling you this because we hate stupidity and incompetence as much or more than you probably do. Your car will be here before you know it. Be glad you can have the problem of waiting for your car. I saw my first one when I lived in Germany back in the early 70's. I was 13 at the time. I bought my first one at 49 years old. I love the brand. And we all have to admit. It's not like we are buying a McLaren. If it's really an issue go talk to the dealership and tell them you don't want the car. Go buy something else that will make you happy.
Appreciate 2
Thescout132594.00
goku789.50

      11-20-2019, 01:16 AM   #18
goku7
Private First Class
goku7's Avatar
United_States
90
Rep
150
Posts

Drives: 2020 BMW M2C
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: Bay Area, CA

iTrader: (0)

Most of the time we buy a car off the lot when it's already here. Only the dealers (or someone who custom ordered) know all the process and hiccups that happen getting a car from a foreign country to you
Appreciate 2
Thescout132594.00
Rick4345260.00

Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:43 PM.




m2
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST