BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
M2 Technical Topics > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics > BMS Canflap - seemless between F80/82 and F87?

11-06-2019, 07:22 AM   #1
GrahamSP
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '21 G05 X5 M50i

BMS Canflap - seemless between F80/82 and F87?

Hey guys,

Trying to get a straight answer here. I've searched through the threads and have seen a few mixed replies.

Does the BMS Canflap device made for the F80/82 work with the F87 M2C? Specifically, when I had my F80, I used the BMS Canflap to do 3 things. 1) adjust exhaust valves always open, 2) deactivate active sound, 3) put the LEDs on full brightness.

Has anyone done this on their M2C with the same BMS Canflap from the F80/82 platform?

I reached out to BMS and they said it will work for both platforms but they didn't have any videos on their website and I can't find anything on Youtube that verifies if someones has actually done it.

I'd rather buy the BMS Canflap as a 1 stop device vs buying the TechnicPnP harness for bypassing active sound and also having to buy the VSC-2 for valve control. And I haven't seen anything other than coding that will brighten the LED headlights to full power.

Thanks!!
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2019, 07:40 AM   #2
GrahamSP
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '21 G05 X5 M50i

@ admin, moved over to S55 engine page to try to get response. Can delete from here.
Appreciate 0