BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
M2 Technical Topics > N55 Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Bolt-ons / Tuning > M2 Sport cat in stock ready to ship

Closed Thread

02-14-2019, 03:22 PM   #23
Fabspeed Motorsport
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by McPurrs View Post
Thanks. Does that mean that other pipes just 'filter less', having less cells? And am I right in that the stock is around a 400cell? If so, this seems like a great DP.
With less cells, you can get more flow through the system. 200 cells is a sweet point for maximum performance and efficiency. Other companies try 100-150 cells and they break down in reliability, causing cel's and other issues. A normal cat has around 600-650 cells.
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2019, 08:25 PM   #24
ae03440
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 18' M2 & 20' X3 M40i

Kindly PM price shipped to zip code 10573 please.
Appreciate 0
      06-13-2019, 07:46 AM   #25
cecaa850
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2

I was reading another thread about a check engine light with your product. To be clear, you make the end user pay for all testing to prove when your product is defective AND make them pay for return shipping as well?
Appreciate 0
      06-13-2019, 10:15 AM   #26
Fabspeed Motorsport
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by cecaa850 View Post
I was reading another thread about a check engine light with your product. To be clear, you make the end user pay for all testing to prove when your product is defective AND make them pay for return shipping as well?
Hey There,

My name is Sean and I am a rep over at Fabspeed. The testing is as simple as having your CEL code reading from an auto zone (which is free), then relaying this information to us. If the codes shows that our part is defective, we will send a shipping label and handle replacing the system at no cost of the customer.

Although you have seen one customer with an issue on our parts, we have 1000's who have had a great experience with our products. Please let me know if you have any questions.

Kind Regards,
Sean
267-742-3046
sean@fabspeed.com
Appreciate 1
      06-13-2019, 11:44 AM   #27
nioh_lbbm2
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fabspeed Motorsport View Post
Quote:
Hey There,

My name is Sean and I am a rep over at Fabspeed. The testing is as simple as having your CEL code reading from an auto zone (which is free), then relaying this information to us. If the codes shows that our part is defective, we will send a shipping label and handle replacing the system at no cost of the customer.

Although you have seen one customer with an issue on our parts, we have 1000's who have had a great experience with our products. Please let me know if you have any questions.

Kind Regards,
Sean
267-742-3046
sean@fabspeed.com
Then why did he have to pay for O2 sensor readings and for a shipping label to return his defective downpipe? Lmao
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2019, 12:54 AM   #28
Nezil
Major
Rep
Drives: LCI '18 6MT M2

I believe I've been mentioned previously in this thread, so I'm going to respond to all the hate that's been going around directed towards Fabspeed.

Like any product, issues occur, and I was one of the unlucky ones that ended up with a Fabspeed catted downpipe that had a bracket that didn't line up. In the end, this turned out to be an issue where their jig for welding the bracket in place was damaged and a small few units went out with this issue.

I was perhaps unusual in that I fitted my down-pipe myself, and therefore wasn't out of pocket to swap back the factory pipe and return the unit to Fabspeed. I was concerned about re-using the stiffening plate bolts and gaskets, particularly because I'd end up going through the process again after the downpipe had been fixed.

I was also fortunate that I was going on vacation and though I did fit my factory down pipe to the car, I was only effectively without the Fabspeed for a few days.

Fabspeed, in my opinion, were great through all of this. My contact there was apologetic, and reached out to senior management to get approval to supply the replacement gaskets and bolts that I requested. They also paid return shipping for the defective unit.

I was therefore not out of pocket at all, though I also didn't try to milk Fabspeed by asking for installation costs because there weren't any in my case.

Each customer's situation is different, and they must obviously make their own negotiation with Fabspeed until they're happy. An enthusiast forum, isn't, in my humble opinion, the place to discuss how good or bad Fabspeed's customer service is unless you're specifically the one receiving that service, as I have been in the past.

I ended up happy, and would recommend Fabspeed over other down-pipes, based on the quality Cat and the quality of manufacturing (once the jig was fixed) but if I was Fabspeed, I probably also wouldn't guarantee no CEL. I've not had a CEL, but if I get one, I don't care either; it's a mod, and that's the sort of un-important stuff that happens when you mod your car.

Current Performance Mods:
CSF FMIC, ER CP, Fabspeed Cat, Aquamist WMI, GFB DV+, NGK 97506, BM3 (Stage 2 93 OTS), CDV delete, UCP, M2C/M3/M4 Strut Brace, M3/M4 Reinforcement Rings
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2019, 08:30 AM   #29
cecaa850
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nezil View Post
I believe I've been mentioned previously in this thread,
I wasn't referring to you. Maybe someone else was?
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2019, 09:50 AM   #30
Nezil
Major
Rep
Drives: LCI '18 6MT M2

Quote:
I wasn't referring to you. Maybe someone else was?
Yes I know, someone else mentioned the fitment issues that happened about a year ago.
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2019, 05:23 PM   #31
chief1richard
Life is on the Track, the rest is just waiting.
United_States
Rep
Drives: At the point of 7,000 RPM's

Garage List
2018 M2  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fabspeed Motorsport View Post
Hey There,

Kind Regards,
Sean
267-742-3046
sean@fabspeed.com
Could you PM a quote for Sport Cat 18 BMW M2 to 02050?
Appreciate 0
Closed Thread