BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
M2 Technical Topics > N55 Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Bolt-ons / Tuning > bootmod3 for BMW F series Vehicles - General Discussion

11-07-2019, 05:37 PM   #309
F87source
Major General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Bmw M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTWO View Post
I use mhd as well and switch between but bm3 just feels better with ots maps. Plus I like the iphone app and use it on my macbook air.
Yeah BM3 does have some really good OTS maps, however I will never use OTS maps because they are inferior to custom tunes.
      11-08-2019, 01:09 AM   #310
FSociety
IG @bmwF9xG80
Rep
Drives: G80 M3, X4M, G07 X7m50

Garage List
2023 BMW G80 M3  [0.00]
2020 BMW X4MC  [0.00]
16' BMW X4 M40i  [10.00]
06 Cadillac STS  [0.00]
Great job PTF as always!

IG: @bmwF9XG80

Appreciate 0
      11-28-2019, 03:44 PM   #311
specka
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M2 LCI BSM

Garage List
2017 BMW M2 LCI  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by proTUNING Freaks View Post
UPDATE: Map configuration screen descriptions for all settings and values available.

This should help those using the screen for the first time get a sense of what the values are if or when they may not be clear. I realize some of you will enjoy these being added right in the screen even though all of them are documented in the actively maintained bootmod3 User Manual.
I havent used BM3 for a while but I thought previously the Burble settings were to configure Sport and Sport+, and that Comfort mode always remained stock?

I have notes with my settings for Sport and Sport+ from when I tried to dial it in to my liking. I have no recollection of ever having any burble in comfort.

Just to add - I prefer it that way as to me, comfort is meant to be just that, quiet, discrete, comfortable.
Attached Images

12-11-2019, 03:12 AM   #312
D CHOI
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2017 BMW M2

One interesting thing to note and confirmed by NathObeaN trial and errors and my personal brief experiments.

Duration Sport: affects comfort/traction mode
Duraction Sport+: affects sport/sport+

Agression Sport: NO EFFECT
Agression Sport+: affects sport/sport+

One thing I did notice for the OTS stage 1 burble is the burbles sounded too loose and low which is pretty much same sound as stock tune traction mode. I always thought the Sport+ on stock tune sounded the best and I was quite disappointed with the OTS burble. However adjusting the aggression does make up for it and more, but I'm gonna flash back to stock tune eventually to see if those burbles are similar because apparently OEM setting burble doesn't make it sound the same at Stock tune burble. I'm also wondering if it has to do with the exhaust flap opening up at certain angles to create different tones.

When aggression is at 10, the big pops come on effortlessly where as when I set to 8 it will have more burbles and if I want the big pop I just rev harder. It's good to have the ability to have both burbles and pops when u want it in a more controlled way. I'm gonna try to adjust to most aggressive without pops coming easily. I know its gonna be between 8-10 so Im gonna find the threshold spot where it doesn't cross the line to more pops than burbles.

All these testings to find your perfect taste can be time consuming and also the duration is all part if the equation too. Any experienced bm3 burble users have some insights and share their settings would be much appreciated!

It's also good to have what OEM, OTS values are actually. That way we have a reference point to get a better feel of what you want to do. On the manual it shows these values as default settings.
Attached Images

Last edited by D CHOI; 12-11-2019 at 03:20 AM..
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2019, 01:48 PM   #313
FSociety
IG @bmwF9xG80
Rep

Garage List
2023 BMW G80 M3  [0.00]
2020 BMW X4MC  [0.00]
16' BMW X4 M40i  [10.00]
06 Cadillac STS  [0.00]
Have you guys submitted this to support@protuningfreaks.com for them to take a look ?

Appreciate 0
      12-11-2019, 07:05 PM   #314
atlas
Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: F10 535i, M2 LCI, G05 X5 40i

I recently flashed back to stock to take my car in for service. Whilst there I asked for a software update to be done, and I now have the latest iSTEP (i think).

Would this have also updated my ECU map? I only ask because recently we got the GTS startup roar on BM3, but I swear my car now (without having reflashed BM3) revs higher on startup than the GTS roar.
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2019, 08:03 PM   #315
Nezil
Major
Rep
Drives: LCI '18 6MT M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by atlas View Post
I recently flashed back to stock to take my car in for service. Whilst there I asked for a software update to be done, and I now have the latest iSTEP (i think).

Would this have also updated my ECU map? I only ask because recently we got the GTS startup roar on BM3, but I swear my car now (without having reflashed BM3) revs higher on startup than the GTS roar.
That will depend on your I-Step before and after this update. I updated recently from I-Step F020 17-11-530 to F020 19-07-539. Even though this was nearly 2 years of I-Steps apart, and many modules were updated, the DME wasn't, and neither was its coding.

Current Performance Mods:
CSF FMIC, ER CP, Fabspeed Cat, Aquamist WMI, GFB DV+, NGK 97506, BM3 (Stage 2 93 OTS), CDV delete, UCP, M2C/M3/M4 Strut Brace, M3/M4 Reinforcement Rings
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2019, 08:35 PM   #316
D CHOI
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2017 BMW M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by FSociety View Post
Have you guys submitted this to support@protuningfreaks.com for them to take a look ?
Yes been working with them for the past few days trying to figure things out. Currently trying to update my ODB wifi agent to make sure I have the latest software. They sent me a link to update firmware but that didn't help. I believe I'm gonna have to update the software manually but will wait to see what they have to say.

I'm not getting the latest map updates. Also for datalogging the data wasn't being saved.

Also one thing to note once your in the dashboard screen there is no way to go back but to force quit the APP and restart over again. Not sure if this is normal or could be that I don't have the latest software.
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2019, 02:48 AM   #317
FSociety
IG @bmwF9xG80
Rep

Garage List
2023 BMW G80 M3  [0.00]
2020 BMW X4MC  [0.00]
16' BMW X4 M40i  [10.00]
06 Cadillac STS  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by D CHOI View Post
Quote:
Also one thing to note once your in the dashboard screen there is no way to go back but to force quit the APP and restart over again. Not sure if this is normal or could be that I don't have the latest software.
Never heard of this, I can help you if you need assistance

Appreciate 0
      12-30-2019, 05:16 PM   #318
oranzada_m2c
Enlisted Member
Czech_Republic
Rep
Drives: M2C 2019

works bootmood 3 stage1 or CS or GTS map for M2C with opf filter (EU)? can bootmood3 unlock new dme,i dont know how to find i have last update from BMW dealer...
thx Mark
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2020, 11:11 AM   #319
SpartanGA
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW M4 Comp F83

anyone have a warranty claim refused due to this tune yet?
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2020, 02:06 PM   #320
Happy Motoring
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: OG M2

Garage List
2017 BMW M2  [10.00]
Just failed Texas state inspection and wondering if it's BM3 related. I had o2 sensor and heated o2 monitors fail.
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2020, 02:37 PM   #321
BostonM235xi
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW M235xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy Motoring View Post
Just failed Texas state inspection and wondering if it's BM3 related. I had o2 sensor and heated o2 monitors fail.
If you have an after market DP your going to fail period. If you have the CEL off using BM3 when they read the OBD it will show not ready.
To pass you need stock cats and flash to stock.
      02-09-2020, 03:36 PM   #322
Anthony1s
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2018 Mineral Grey M2

Quote:
From your post history, looks like you have the FI catted downpipe. Did you fail the emissions test? I'm not finding any claims stating that the dp will pass emissions tests.

If you failed because of those sensor errors, there was a guy who failed because the sensors were in a "not ready" state. I don't remember who it was, maybe Poochie ? But that would be something I'd look into. That may have to do with the tune.

Last edited by Anthony1s; 02-09-2020 at 03:41 PM..
Appreciate 2
      02-09-2020, 06:20 PM   #323
Happy Motoring
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2017 BMW M2  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony1s View Post
Quote:
From your post history, looks like you have the FI catted downpipe. Did you fail the emissions test? I'm not finding any claims stating that the dp will pass emissions tests.

If you failed because of those sensor errors, there was a guy who failed because the sensors were in a "not ready" state. I don't remember who it was, maybe Poochie ? But that would be something I'd look into. That may have to do with the tune.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonM235xi View Post
Quote:
If you have an after market DP your going to fail period. If you have the CEL off using BM3 when they read the OBD it will show not ready.
I never had cel when I had dp alone so not sure if the BM3 is issue.

Quote:
Quote:

I'm curious if BM3 puts the sensor in not ready mode? The inspector told me to drive 70 miles and come back but I've had the tune for a while now. Was hoping somebody had the same issue and flashed to stock and passed.
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2020, 11:27 AM   #324
Poochie
Luxury at the redline :)
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M2

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonM235xi View Post
Quote:
I never had cel when I had dp alone so not sure if the BM3 is issue.

Quote:
Quote:

I'm curious if BM3 puts the sensor in not ready mode? The inspector told me to drive 70 miles and come back but I've had the tune for a while now. Was hoping somebody had the same issue and flashed to stock and passed.
The BM3 tune disables the emission checks, for the catalytic converter, so you can run a strait pipe, without the vehicle throwing a CEL.

It accomplishes this by keeping the system in a "not ready" state. While this bypass is active, all typical OBD2 US state emission check stations would not allow you pass. I know here in NY, its a no-go.

You can use a $10 OBD2 dongle and APP to see which systems are "ready."

https://www.smogtips.com/OnlineForum...rs-Are-Allowed
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
      02-10-2020, 11:36 AM   #325
ZM2
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2017 LBB M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poochie View Post
The BM3 tune disables the emission checks, for the catalytic converter, so you can run a strait pipe, without the vehicle to throw a CEL.

It accomplishes this by keeping the system in a "not ready" state. While this bypass is active, all typical OBD2 US state emission check stations would not allow you pass. I know here in NY, its a no-go.

This is only the case if you have the CEL Monitors option set to “Off”, correct?
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2020, 01:33 PM   #326
Happy Motoring
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2017 BMW M2  [10.00]
Quote:
The BM3 tune disables the emission checks, for the catalytic converter, so you can run a strait pipe, without the vehicle to throw a CEL.

Perfect, so my stock tune which doesn't throw any cel should pass. I was trying to figure out if the fail came from software or hardware side. Thank you!
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2020, 03:57 PM   #327
FSociety
IG @bmwF9xG80
Rep

Garage List
2023 BMW G80 M3  [0.00]
2020 BMW X4MC  [0.00]
16' BMW X4 M40i  [10.00]
06 Cadillac STS  [0.00]
Quote:
I know someone who can help

Appreciate 0
      02-10-2020, 04:42 PM   #328
Anthony1s
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2018 Mineral Grey M2

Quote:
Quote:
I know someone who can help
Walker Texas Ranger?
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2020, 05:28 PM   #329
Poochie
Luxury at the redline :)
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZM2 View Post
Quote:

This is only the case if you have the CEL Monitors option set to "Off", correct?
Yes, on a lite tunes like a Stage 1, you can toggle-switch the emissions checks, on or off.

However, high-power tunes, it might be mandatory that it's disable, by design, since Stage 2 and above requires a downpipe, at least for BM3, as far as I know.
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2020, 05:49 PM   #330
ZM2
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2017 LBB M2

Quote:
Yes, on a lite tunes like a Stage 1, you can toggle-switch the emissions checks, on or off.

However, high-power tunes, it might be mandatory that it's disable, by design, since Stage 2 and above requires a downpipe, at least for BM3, as far as I know.
All of my Stage 2 93/E30 and Stage 2H 93/E30 maps since 5.5 have CEL Monitors set to OEM and I’ve never gotten a CEL or had emissions test issues with the 300-cell HJS downpipe.

Last edited by ZM2; 02-10-2020 at 05:57 PM..
Appreciate 0