BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
M2 Technical Topics > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics > Coded 2017 m2 (including EPS & DSC)

10-06-2019, 10:16 PM   #1
F87source
Major General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Bmw M2

Coded 2017 m2 (including EPS & DSC)

Hey guys,

I finally got the time to get some coding done on my '17 m2 and thought I would share some results with you guys, I also wanted to let you guys know my ISTEP version is F020 19-07-539 so it is quite new, which is right on the edge of what the ESYS PSZDATA files support.

So first off I coded the basics such as folding mirrors, windows etc with the key fob which went well and as expected, I also coded Video in motion which also works well and as far as I can tell doesn't have a set speed limit on the NBT evo 2 running idrive 6 lite, despite what I read online.

Next off I coded the DSC module to get f82 gts MDM which really made an improvement unrestricting the rear end and allowing a bit more freedom unlike before in USDM mdm mode.

I also coded in F87CS and F82GTS steering in the EPS module and tried them both out extensively and have some information to report back to you guys since there wasn't much in terms of comparing the two.

GTS: The steering felt alot heavier (~2X the F87CS mode) to the point of being artificially weighted and in my opinion that ruined the steering feel since it felt like the car was fighting back every steering input. This steering mode also felt like the center seeking function was more intrusive as the wheel kept wanting to jerk back into the straight position so I really did not enjoy this steering mode. However one plus were that the center dead spot was completely eliminated. Overall I personally did not like this steering feel, but those of you that like heavy steering wheels may enjoy this.

F87CS: This was by far my favorite mode, it allowed the wheel to be significantly lighter than the GTS mode and it allowed the wheel to be more communicative to the road increasing feel, this really was nice since the GTS wheel mode felt overdampened and ruined the steering feel. This mode also eliminated the dead center spot and did not have the annoying center seeking feel of the GTS mode. One negative is that it is quite light, I would have preferred it to be 15-25% heavier, but the pros out weigh the cons IMO and the increased steering feel is welcomed.

In comparison I much preferred the F87CS steering mode compared to the GTS mode and even the default F87 mode, as it provided more steering feel vs. the GTS and F87 mode and eliminated the center seeking issue and deadness in the center.
TemjinX2520.50
m20e30871143.00
      10-20-2019, 12:43 PM   #2
squixs
Second Lieutenant
Germany
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 Competition

I don't see a F87CS option for my 18 LCI car in ESYS. My I-Step level is same as yours.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      10-20-2019, 01:03 PM   #3
OKCZ
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 2017 MT; MINI GP2 2013

Change manually value to 06 for F87CS or 04 for F82GTS.
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2019, 01:07 PM   #4
squixs
Second Lieutenant
Germany
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 Competition

Ok, so Vehicle6 is the same as F87CS?
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2019, 01:35 PM   #5
OKCZ
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 2017 MT; MINI GP2 2013

No, change the "werte" HEX value.
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2019, 01:50 PM   #6
F87source
Major General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Bmw M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by squixs View Post
I don't see a F87CS option for my 18 LCI car in ESYS. My I-Step level is same as yours.
I am not sure what to do, I have read before in other threads others have and this issue but never bothered to look into it. Personally I wouldn't change the werte value in this case, but that's just me.