BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
M2 Technical Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance (Wash/Wax/Detailing/Exterior Restoration & Repairs) > Car Covers

08-12-2019, 12:13 PM   #1
MMMBRAP
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: A Car

Car Covers

Hi All,

Googling "best car cover" online is pretty useless as I've been seeing contradictory reviews here and there.

So thought it would be better to ask if anyone here has any recommendations for a trusted car cover for the M2C based on their actual experience with what they purchased?

I'm specifically looking for a car cover that has high quality materials on the inside of the cover, as I've read that a lot of them oddly skip out on this and end up damaging the paint on the car it was designed to protect.

My car is garaged so I'm not needing a cover that can repel 6000 degrees of sunlight and is so shiny that it can be seen from space.

What I require is one that keeps dust/debris/condensation off my car while in the garage and doesn't scratch the crap out of it when I put it on/off.

Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2019, 12:36 PM   #2
infinitekidM2C
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 M2 Competition

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMMBRAP View Post
Hi All,

Googling "best car cover" online is pretty useless as I've been seeing contradictory reviews here and there.

So thought it would be better to ask if anyone here has any recommendations for a trusted car cover for the M2C based on their actual experience with what they purchased?

I'm specifically looking for a car cover that has high quality materials on the inside of the cover, as I've read that a lot of them oddly skip out on this and end up damaging the paint on the car it was designed to protect.

My car is garaged so I'm not needing a cover that can repel 6000 degrees of sunlight and is so shiny that it can be seen from space.

What I require is one that keeps dust/debris/condensation off my car while in the garage and doesn't scratch the crap out of it when I put it on/off. Not fun when you clean the car, and 3 days later its dusty from the garage and outside!

Thanks!
I'm in the same boat. What I'm actually trying to get is a fairly cheap "blanket". Doesnt need to keep tight on my car, just like a quick tarp/blanket to keep the dust off that i can easily take off and on.
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2019, 09:53 PM   #3
KevinM
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2002 M5;2007 M Coupe;2020 M2C

Garage List
2020 M2 Competition  [10.00]
2007 E86 M coupe  [8.38]
2002 E39 M5  [9.00]
Personally, I think indoor car covers can cause more micro-marring than they are worth unless the car is always clean and dust free when the cover is placed (the latter issue can be reduced by a good sealant of course). That said, if I was going to buy a car cover, I'd buy it from California Car Covers. They are not particularly inexpensive but I've heard they make very high quality covers and have indoor and outdoor applications.
2021 Kia Telluride (hauler)
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2019, 09:43 PM   #4
TheAMackAttack
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M2 LBB DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinM View Post
Personally, I think indoor car covers can cause more micro-marring than they are worth unless the car is always clean and dust free when the cover is placed (the latter issue can be reduced by a good sealant of course). That said, if I was going to buy a car cover, I'd buy it from California Car Covers. They are not particularly inexpensive but I've heard they make very high quality covers and have indoor and outdoor applications.
Second the California Car Covers. They have some great indoor/outdoor covers including some that have some dent protection. I've personally owned the Stormweave and also have the Noah for my M2 and have been very happy with both products.
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2019, 07:39 PM   #5
P4rD0nM3
youtube.com/rodoabadtv
Rep
Drives: 2017 Dinan M2, 2023 X3MC

Garage List
I'm considering buying the Weathertech car cover at this point for winter storage.