BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Professional Motorsport Racing Discussion (IMSA, DTM, Formula 1, Grand-AM, Le Mans, IRL, WRC, etc..) > F1 2019: Singaporean GP - Singapore (Sep 22)

09-23-2019, 09:21 AM   #155
tdott
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Power-Belgium View Post
The Merc's pitstop strategy was gambled . They failed and lost..
I wouldn't say they failed and lost, they just didn't get a great result due to their chosen strategy.
In the grand scheme, Hamilton still has a 96 point lead on LeClerc and Max in the driver standings.

LeClerc (or Max) can win every race for the rest of the season (6) and Hamilton only needs to finish 5th or higher every race to still win the championship.
Appreciate 1
      09-23-2019, 09:32 AM   #156
msk340i
Major
Rep
Drives: 340i M sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdott View Post
I wouldn't say they failed and lost, they just didn't get a great result due to their chosen strategy.
In the grand scheme, Hamilton still has a 96 point lead on LeClerc and Max in the driver standings.

LeClerc (or Max) can win every race for the rest of the season (6) and Hamilton only needs to finish 5th or higher every race to still win the championship.
They failed and lost the gamble. With Vettel's crazy fast out lap and LEC's pace their only chance was to wait and hope for a safety car. They gambled, they lost. Toto did say that they weren't able to beat Ferrari with pace, so it had to be with pitting under SC.
Appreciate 1
      09-23-2019, 09:34 AM   #157
M5Rick
General
Rep
Drives: M5 F10 DCT Gunmetal

Quote:
Yea I don't think they fell apart also. You could say Ferrari had the faster car all year but couldn't put it together for a full race weekend, several team/driver failures/mistakes in the first half. So even with the lesser car Mercs have been getting more out of them atleast in the first half.

Should be an interesting finish to the season, hopefully we see some great racing.
I think we've already seen great racing and a lot of action,Ferrari have three on the trot now and with Sochi approaching it's Merc that has a lot of head scratching with Ferrari and Red Bull nothing to lose.
If Merc want to just collect points with detuned engines for both the championships than risk engine problems then I see that happening than risk
a DNF going for wins.
Appreciate 1
      09-23-2019, 09:37 AM   #158
E90SLAM
Supreme Allied Commander
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: A BBS WHORE

Garage List
Finally Ferrari had executed the right strategy to turn around a 1-3 into a 1-2 result!
Solid result from RBR! P3 and P6.
Mercedes gambled and didnt work out.

But I do not think Ferrari deliberately sacrificed LeClerc's race in favor of Vettel. First LeClerc still has the track position and Hamilton hasn't pitted.
They need to cover RBR's VER in case of any undercut. So they pitted VET first.

And VET drove a great outlap not just overtaking HAM and also LEC. Its just part of racing. But I think LEC's race engineer failed to inform him the big picture, and LEC would've expect he will still be in front of VET after pit rotation.

I'm sure everything will be cleared post race debrief. No need to make too much news out of this.
      09-23-2019, 11:27 AM   #159
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep
Drives: ///M3-E92-DCT Silverstone II

Quote:

Lewis is actually already WC . MAX has no chance anymore to win a race in this season . Honda just improved with the latest Spec/4 power source .But still it's not good enough and MAX had continuous lack of grip in the turns .
The third place was outstanding for him with the Honda with lack of power and grip . So . Like usual he did more with less ...

Ferrari is untouchable for the rest of the season .Their improvement (legal or not) is huge , as we could see even on a street circuit (not normal)
I heard several rumours ,yesterday and today .Even in the latest interview from RB-Horner .It's all about the Ferrari smell of grapefruit and strawberry . Anyway it's for sure it's a top secret in the F1 (Ferrari) world .
Honestly , first I thought it was a joke

BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2019, 11:38 AM   #160
tdott
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Lewis is actually already WC .
Not technically true as yet, he could have engine failure or someone crash into him and take him out which would make things interesting championship points wise.
Appreciate 1
      09-23-2019, 11:52 AM   #161
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdM5 View Post
We all love him, but don't let Philippe fool you.

Do you really think that the Orange (Dutch) army would turn up in droves for a Belgian driver?
Most importantly though: Max speaks like a Dutch person from the Province of Limburg, definitely no Flemmish/Belgian pronunciation.
Finally, the way he talks is 100% Dutch - super direct and informal. Some might call it arrogant.
So admit it, he's ours!
=> https://www.demorgen.be/nieuws/max-v...belg~bb07b664/

BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 1
EdM53852.50
      09-23-2019, 12:01 PM   #162
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
Not technically true as yet, he could have engine failure or someone crash into him and take him out which would make things interesting championship points wise.
In all of the next 6 races . That chance is like 0 %

Appreciate 0
      09-23-2019, 12:46 PM   #163
EdM5
Colonel
Netherlands
Rep
Drives: G26 i4 M50 & E70 X5 Xdrive35d

Quote:
aw man come on! You've had guys like Gendebien and Boutsen, and in particular the legendary Jackie Ickx.
We've only had Lammers and Verstappen Sr.

It's just not fair from B to claim Max as well
      09-23-2019, 01:30 PM   #164
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdM5 View Post
aw man come on! You've had guys like Gendebien and Boutsen, and in particular the legendary Jackie Ickx.
We've only had Lammers and Verstappen Sr.

It's just not fair from B to claim Max as well

Appreciate 1
EdM53852.50
      09-23-2019, 04:57 PM   #165
yco
i'm just saying
Rep
Drives: E71 X6M '10 (sold)

Quote:
Lewis is actually already WC . MAX has no chance anymore to win a race in this season . Honda just improved with the latest Spec/4 power source .But still it's not good enough and MAX had continuous lack of grip in the turns .
The third place was outstanding for him with the Honda with lack of power and grip . So . Like usual he did more with less ...

Ferrari is untouchable for the rest of the season .Their improvement (legal or not) is huge , as we could see even on a street circuit (not normal)
I heard several rumours ,yesterday and today .Even in the latest interview from RB-Horner .It's all about the Ferrari smell of grapefruit and strawberry . Anyway it's for sure it's a top secret in the F1 (Ferrari) world .
Honestly , first I thought it was a joke
i dont think RB's Honda is not good anymore.. Hamilton couldnt close the gap on straights to Max with DRS.. yes maybe RB lowered the wings more than Merc but still.. Merc has average top speed generally and seems RB is at least above average nowadays..

and often gossips end up true.. but there is a catch.. Ferrari is F1 and F1 is Ferrari also.. there is huge amount of Ferrari fans.. even if there is some cheating, and im not saying there is, it wont be the same treatment lets say with Haas or something..
      09-24-2019, 09:42 AM   #166
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by yco View Post
i dont think RB's Honda is not good anymore.. Hamilton couldnt close the gap on straights to Max with DRS.. yes maybe RB lowered the wings more than Merc but still.. Merc has average top speed generally and seems RB is at least above average nowadays..

and often gossips end up true.. but there is a catch.. Ferrari is F1 and F1 is Ferrari also.. there is huge amount of Ferrari fans.. even if there is some cheating, and im not saying there is, it wont be the same treatment lets say with Haas or something..
It's Honda's first season in the RB15 , and Honda is doing much better than expected .But it's like Rosberg is saying , MAX lifted the car and the power source to a higher level by his supernatural driver skills .

Yeah , indeed . They lowered the setting from the wings to get a higher topspeed . That's why MAX had lack of grip in the turns.
Engineers calculated the improvement of strength from Ferrari ,and they measured the difference in performance from in the beginning of the season . They saw the Ferrari power source got at least 70-80+HP , in combination with more downforce .

Of course the extra Ferrari power has to come from somewhere ...
Is it the smell from grapefruit ? Or is it strawberry juice ?
=> https://autoweek.com/article/formula...apefruit-juice

Appreciate 1
yco5722.50