BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
M2 Technical Topics > Track / Autocross / Dragstrip > Track Forum General Chit Chat

09-28-2023, 10:12 AM   #1167
ThreeStripes
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: X3M

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwr9152 View Post
I see no difference between his lap and mine. Hahaha.
You were taking the long way around T13 and I still couldn’t keep up
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2023, 10:29 AM   #1168
OG Shark
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Rep

Drives: Angry

Quote:
Nice. Sub 130 would be bad ass.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThreeStripes View Post
Great video of Skeen banging out sub :30 laps in a GT3 Cup to get you hyped. Note the line and use of curbing through T12 and how he’s eating all of T13 curb. Also, he’s flat from the apex T3 all the way to T5 brake zone like a boss.

After watching that I'm glad I'm not the one who has to get the sub 30 this weekend.
Appreciate 1
jwr915242.00
      09-28-2023, 10:31 AM   #1169
jwr9152
Private
Rep
Drives: M2 Competition

Quote:
You were taking the long way around T13 and I still couldn’t keep up
Yeah 13, 15, and the kink are a work in progress, and probably lost a little time in 5 with a crappy entry and pinching the exit because of the Corvette in the grass. Really positive the car has a 34 in it.
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2023, 12:44 PM   #1170
Anonymoose
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW M2C

Mike Skeen has driven Nemo at CMP. This is with heatcycled out hoosiers and I accidently have one A7 and 3 R7s for this lap. I didnt look at what the local shop gave me so given that he still banged out a nice lap. The seats shaking is now fixed. Issue is they were on non FIA sliders so there was a lot of flex in them.

Last edited by Anonymoose; 09-28-2023 at 01:01 PM..
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2023, 01:02 PM   #1171
Anonymoose
Lieutenant
Rep

sorry OG Shark not a good way to represent putting the man on 4 tires heat cycled and a mismatched R7/A7 on the right front. I'll have him out again to CMP for coaching and put the man on proper tires.
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2023, 01:18 PM   #1172
jwr9152
Private
Rep

The man can drive
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2023, 01:49 PM   #1173
medphysdave
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2 CS | 85 of 592

Back from the alignment shop and ready for CMP on the 9th. He was only able to get -1.8 in the rear with the toe arms and keep things even between the two sides. I'm thinking there may be adjustable rear upper arms in my future. Front was able to get -3.2 and zero toe. I'm happy with the front, but a little concerned about the large camber bias between front and rear. The front should cater to how I like to drive the corners. I was hoping for a bit more rear camber to help increase speed through the kink at CMP, but crossing fingers Only thing left to install are the cooling ducts for the front brakes.
      10-01-2023, 09:21 PM   #1174
Anonymoose
Lieutenant
Rep

Gave it my best today.

https://youtu.be/-IApYGJsI2w?feature=shared

I’m pretty sure this was a 1:35 if the s2k would have stayed on line and I didn’t lift waiting on the e46

https://youtu.be/2vk4vEwSO3g?feature=shared

Thanks OG Shark for the hospitality and helping me out track side. Super cool to finally meet you in person. Your team is top notch.

ThreeStripes thanks for lunch and coming to hang out! Glad you got the ride in Nemo!
Attached Images

Appreciate 3
ZM22813.50
jwr915242.00
OG Shark4692.50
      10-02-2023, 07:42 AM   #1175
jwr9152
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymoose View Post
Gave it my best today.

https://youtu.be/-IApYGJsI2w?feature=shared

I’m pretty sure this was a 1:35 if the s2k would have stayed on line and I didn’t lift waiting on the e46

https://youtu.be/2vk4vEwSO3g?feature=shared

Thanks OG Shark for the hospitality and helping me out track side. Super cool to finally meet you in person. Your team is top notch.

ThreeStripes thanks for lunch and coming to hang out! Glad you got the ride in Nemo!
Yeah traffic definitely screwed you on that lap. You were much faster on the second half of that lap. Nice driving.
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2023, 07:45 AM   #1176
jwr9152
Private
Rep

Forgot to mention, I like the pinky's up as you are going into 5. Made me laugh, because I do the same thing.
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2023, 07:50 AM   #1177
Anonymoose
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Forgot to mention, I like the pinky's up as you are going into 5. Made me laugh, because I do the same thing.
Haha I didn’t even realize. I felt like I was over slowing the car by a lot but when looking at the data it was more me not being on throttle out of the turn.

Extremely fun track after you get the hang of it. Friend there in a evo 2 super trefeo put down a 1:24 lap on fresh s9e. He was running 1:27 on the old worn tires.

OG Shark was killing it. I got to ride in the gt3. That thing is a rocket in the corners.
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2023, 08:05 AM   #1178
ThreeStripes
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Thanks again for the opportunity to ride in such a well developed M2. This car is a beast and it sold me on the OG spec Nitrons. Car was incredibly composed where my current kit was falling short.

Also, huge shout out to OG Shark for the ride and for sharing all his experience with me.

It’s awesome to be able to connect with other folks that are working these platforms hard. Really hope to welcome y’all back again soon.
Appreciate 3
jwr915242.00
OG Shark4692.50
      10-02-2023, 08:12 AM   #1179
jwr9152
Private
Rep

Quote:
Haha I didn’t even realize. I felt like I was over slowing the car by a lot but when looking at the data it was more me not being on throttle out of the turn.

Extremely fun track after you get the hang of it. Friend there in a evo 2 super trefeo put down a 1:24 lap on fresh s9e. He was running 1:27 on the old worn tires.

OG Shark was killing it. I got to ride in the gt3. That thing is a rocket in the corners.
Fun track for sure. I've only been there a handful of times, but am lucky because it's the home track to several of my friends that have 1000's of laps there a piece, and give me all their secrets.

I couldn't even imagine a 1:24. Need some OG Shark GT3 video.
Appreciate 1
OG Shark4692.50
      10-02-2023, 09:22 AM   #1180
jwr9152
Private
Rep

I had to switch my SPL rear toe links back to the stock arms to be legal for class, so I lost some rear camber to keep my toe settings. Anyone know of a good option to get good rear camber and toe without using metal bushings/monoballs?
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2023, 09:23 AM   #1181
ThreeStripes
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Fun track for sure. I've only been there a handful of times, but am lucky because it's the home track to several of my friends that have 1000's of laps there a piece, and give me all their secrets.

I couldn't even imagine a 1:24. Need some OG Shark GT3 video.
Yeah there are some guys that have turned A LOT of laps there. I’m excited to finally line up some coaching from one of those gents next year. Not having to cover food and lodging is a huge savings.
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2023, 09:42 AM   #1182
jwr9152
Private
Rep

Quote:
Yeah there are some guys that have turned A LOT of laps there. I’m excited to finally line up some coaching from one of those gents next year. Not having to cover food and lodging is a huge savings.
Not sure if you've picked someone out already, but Andrew Rains is a good one. He also does Apex pro and Birmingham road and race, and is a very very nice guy.
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2023, 10:13 AM   #1183
ThreeStripes
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Not sure if you've picked someone out already, but Andrew Rains is a good one. He also does Apex pro and Birmingham road and race, and is a very very nice guy.
Andrew is a friend and him and Mitch at BRR have been great support in developing my car and my driving. Andrew’s coaching helped me immensely already and I only had him for a hour or so and a couple sessions.

I’ll be working with him or a couple guys from Porsche Experience.
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2023, 10:23 AM   #1184
jwr9152
Private
Rep

Quote:
Andrew is a friend and him and Mitch at BRR have been great support in developing my car and my driving. Andrew’s coaching helped me immensely already and I only had him for a hour or so and a couple sessions.

I’ll be working with him or a couple guys from Porsche Experience.
That's fantastic. I figured you knew him, but crazier things have happened.
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2023, 03:08 PM   #1185
OG Shark
Rep

Just got back home a bit ago - freaking worn out! Absolutely loved Barber - such an amazing track and the facilities are incredible. We made it to the museum Sunday afternoon too which is absolutely fantastic - very glad we took the time to check it out. The track itself is just plain lovely to drive. It flows so well and the topo changes add so much to the experience. It struck me as a track that you can get up to a decent pace on over the course of a weekend but will take a few visits and a lot of hard work to become fast on it. Tracks like that are so fun to work through - you just keep trying different things and when you find the one that works that ah-ha moment is so rewarding. I feel like the entire track length of Barber is like that. Will absolutely be coming back at some point.

Takeaways from the weekend:

1. Was a joy meeting Anonymoose out there and getting to see him and Nemo in action. Both of our first times there and watching his progression throughout the weekend was the highlight of the weekend for me. The track and timing finally opened up enough for us on what ended up being our last run on Sunday to chase each other around the track. That basically capped the already great weekend off for me and was so much fun. Watching Nemo yank my GT3 RS on the straights as hard as it did was fun to see too. Knew that would happen knowing the car & driver but still seeing it from the other seat (being the yankee not the yanker)(that sounds bad) is pretty eye opening. These cars have so much potential!

2. Also great meeting ThreeStripes out there - and thank you very much for lunch!!! Very jealous you have this wonderful track 10 minutes from you! Going to keep working on you about the Nitrons over the MCS

3. Driving - loved the track. Absolutely should be on everyone's list if they haven't been. Learning a new track and new car/drastic setup change at the same time can get a bit interesting but had a blast doing it. I also have a lot of respect for the times jwr9152 & ThreeStripes have laid down in their M2s out there. I certainly was leaving time out there still on the track with a lot still to learn and figure out - but feel like by the end of the weekend had a pretty decent pace going. Their times and then with Anonymoose in the mix on his first time there really are impressive. Good driving in an M2 really makes for some very fast cars.

4. I'm old & out of shape - pretty much sums it up. The track kicked my butt this weekend - to the point where I didn't even run most of Sunday after lunch despite this being only my 3rd & 4th days on the track this year. Need to make a point of pushing away from the dinner table a bit sooner and hitting the gym again.

I'll hopefully have video in a couple of days - left the gear in the rig and the guys are still making their way back to Texas. Hopefully it turned out ok - we were having issues getting the new smartycam to auto record but think we got it sorted. Wasn't looking at data/video between runs at all either - really lacked there being pretty tired and then with the good social aspect of the weekend didn't feel like missing out on that. Will put up what I have though. Best was in the 33s during the 2nd session Sunday. Felt like progress was still to be had at that point but I was physically spent.
Appreciate 1
jwr915242.00
      10-02-2023, 03:28 PM   #1186
jwr9152
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by OG Shark View Post
Just got back home a bit ago - freaking worn out! Absolutely loved Barber - such an amazing track and the facilities are incredible. We made it to the museum Sunday afternoon too which is absolutely fantastic - very glad we took the time to check it out. The track itself is just plain lovely to drive. It flows so well and the topo changes add so much to the experience. It struck me as a track that you can get up to a decent pace on over the course of a weekend but will take a few visits and a lot of hard work to become fast on it. Tracks like that are so fun to work through - you just keep trying different things and when you find the one that works that ah-ha moment is so rewarding. I feel like the entire track length of Barber is like that. Will absolutely be coming back at some point.

Takeaways from the weekend:

1. Was a joy meeting Anonymoose out there and getting to see him and Nemo in action. Both of our first times there and watching his progression throughout the weekend was the highlight of the weekend for me. The track and timing finally opened up enough for us on what ended up being our last run on Sunday to chase each other around the track. That basically capped the already great weekend off for me and was so much fun. Watching Nemo yank my GT3 RS on the straights as hard as it did was fun to see too. Knew that would happen knowing the car & driver but still seeing it from the other seat (being the yankee not the yanker)(that sounds bad) is pretty eye opening. These cars have so much potential!

2. Also great meeting ThreeStripes out there - and thank you very much for lunch!!! Very jealous you have this wonderful track 10 minutes from you! Going to keep working on you about the Nitrons over the MCS

3. Driving - loved the track. Absolutely should be on everyone's list if they haven't been. Learning a new track and new car/drastic setup change at the same time can get a bit interesting but had a blast doing it. I also have a lot of respect for the times jwr9152 & ThreeStripes have laid down in their M2s out there. I certainly was leaving time out there still on the track with a lot still to learn and figure out - but feel like by the end of the weekend had a pretty decent pace going. Their times and then with Anonymoose in the mix on his first time there really are impressive. Good driving in an M2 really makes for some very fast cars.

4. I'm old & out of shape - pretty much sums it up. The track kicked my butt this weekend - to the point where I didn't even run most of Sunday after lunch despite this being only my 3rd & 4th days on the track this year. Need to make a point of pushing away from the dinner table a bit sooner and hitting the gym again.

I'll hopefully have video in a couple of days - left the gear in the rig and the guys are still making their way back to Texas. Hopefully it turned out ok - we were having issues getting the new smartycam to auto record but think we got it sorted. Wasn't looking at data/video between runs at all either - really lacked there being pretty tired and then with the good social aspect of the weekend didn't feel like missing out on that. Will put up what I have though. Best was in the 33s during the 2nd session Sunday. Felt like progress was still to be had at that point but I was physically spent.
That's fantastic. Great driving, 33's in a street car puts you in rarefied air. Looking forward to seeing the video.

It is a very fun track and I learn something new every time I go. They keep it like a country club. Has to be one of the best facilities in the country.
Appreciate 1
OG Shark4692.50
      10-02-2023, 03:43 PM   #1187
OG Shark
Rep

Quote:
That's fantastic. Great driving, 33's in a street car puts you in rarefied air. Looking forward to seeing the video.

It is a very fun track and I learn something new every time I go. They keep it like a country club. Has to be one of the best facilities in the country.
Need to clarify I was on slicks so that definitely didn't hurt

Yes very much like a country club. Looks amazing. Facilities wise we frequent COTA which obviously has to have everything and then some - but the vibe from Barber I feel is overall better. Everything from the track down to how well the maintain the grounds - all top notch.
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2023, 04:28 PM   #1188
Anonymoose
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by OG Shark View Post
Need to clarify I was on slicks so that definitely didn't hurt

Yes very much like a country club. Looks amazing. Facilities wise we frequent COTA which obviously has to have everything and then some - but the vibe from Barber I feel is overall better. Everything from the track down to how well the maintain the grounds - all top notch.
And not to mention it was like a Texas Christmas so thats a plus. Sunny and 85 degrees
Appreciate 0