BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
M2 Technical Topics > S55 Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Bolt-ons / Tuning > Remus exhaust - weird sound (video)

01-14-2023, 10:22 AM   #1
Cruz1200
Registered
Rep
Drives: Bmw M2C

Remus exhaust - weird sound (video)

Good afternoon all, my remus exhaust is making a very odd sound, this has got worse iver the last month, as shown in the video ifni apply a little pressure to either of the left 2 tail pipes the noise goes until I release pressure and it returns, is this a fairly simple fix? Apologies in advance I have no technical knowledge whatsoever 😬

https://streamable.com/t7hkx8

Kind regards
Cruz
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2023, 01:02 PM   #2
Navy Davy
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruz1200 View Post
Good afternoon all, my remus exhaust is making a very odd sound, this has got worse iver the last month, as shown in the video ifni apply a little pressure to either of the left 2 tail pipes the noise goes until I release pressure and it returns, is this a fairly simple fix? Apologies in advance I have no technical knowledge whatsoever 😬

https://streamable.com/t7hkx8

Kind regards
Cruz
Sounds like metal on metal contact. Two places I'd check; if any of the pipes are close to the heat shields and if you have the Remus Race, check the bracket that connects the two muffler cylinders. I've always been skeptical of that little bracket.
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2023, 01:58 PM   #3
Cruz1200
Registered
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Navy Davy View Post
Sounds like metal on metal contact. Two places I'd check; if any of the pipes are close to the heat shields and if you have the Remus Race, check the bracket that connects the two muffler cylinders. I've always been skeptical of that little bracket.

Thank you I will check it out, it is indeed the remus race
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2023, 02:50 PM   #4
drp087
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 21 BMW M2C

Had the same issue- it was the bracket that connects the two cylinders. The bolt that sits inside the square casing was not tight- you might have to clamp it down real hard to get it from spinning when tightening the bolt.
      01-14-2023, 06:41 PM   #5
Cruz1200
Registered
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by drp087 View Post
Had the same issue- it was the bracket that connects the two cylinders. The bolt that sits inside the square casing was not tight- you might have to clamp it down real hard to get it from spinning when tightening the bolt.
Thank you very much, I will let you know how I get on
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2023, 12:30 PM   #6
lnsaneM
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: like you stole it

I had a problem with my remus race sounding like crap, especially at cold starts. It turned out to be a broken exhaust flap actuator spring being broken. Everything seems fine after the spring was replaced.
Appreciate 0