BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
M2 Technical Topics > N55 Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Bolt-ons / Tuning > Bootmod3 M2 OTS map update - Version 5.6

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      04-15-2019, 03:41 AM   #177
Original.lowkey
Registered
0
Rep
1
Posts

Drives: Bmw M2 LCI
Join Date: Apr 2019
Location: Stockholm, Sweden

iTrader: (0)

Hello guys,

My first post here

What map should i go for with my M2 with following mods:
* De-cat downpipe with stock exhaust
* BMC Airfilter

Planning on changing FMIC to Wagner Evo2 Performance or something equal and chargepipe.
No track Days at all, just running on the streets.

Using only V-Power 98RON.

Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2019, 09:15 AM   #178
nioh_lbbm2
Captain
542
Rep
896
Posts

Drives: '18 M2 6MT
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: California

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Original.lowkey View Post
Hello guys,

My first post here

What map should i go for with my M2 with following mods:
* De-cat downpipe with stock exhaust
* BMC Airfilter

Planning on changing FMIC to Wagner Evo2 Performance or something equal and chargepipe.
No track Days at all, just running on the streets.

Using only V-Power 98RON.

Thanks!
I'd recommend you get the FMIC first before you tune at all. Also chargepipe
Appreciate 1
FSociety3226.00

      04-15-2019, 09:43 AM   #179
Norhidem
Private
Sweden
132
Rep
86
Posts

Drives: M4 Comp,M2
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: Sweden

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Original.lowkey View Post
Hello guys,

My first post here

What map should i go for with my M2 with following mods:
* De-cat downpipe with stock exhaust
* BMC Airfilter

Planning on changing FMIC to Wagner Evo2 Performance or something equal and chargepipe.
No track Days at all, just running on the streets.

Using only V-Power 98RON.

Thanks!
Tjena och välkommen!

Jag kör Wagner Evo2 Comp IC och Wagner catless Down pipe samt Bootmod3 stage 2. Går riktigt fint.

Ska du inte byta intercooler hade jag nog inte tuneat alls! Orignalet är alldeles för vek.

Sorry folks for using my native language! But had to say something to my countryman

And welcome to Bimmerpost!
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2019, 11:20 AM   #180
maol
New Member
4
Rep
16
Posts

Drives: Bmw M2
Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: Sweden

iTrader: (0)

I will recommend do88 IC. Better than Evo 2 and cheeper as well. Order the chargepipes as well.

https://www.do88.se/sv/artiklar/slan...f87/index.html
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2019, 01:48 PM   #181
Anthony1s
Lieutenant Colonel
1057
Rep
1,609
Posts

Drives: 2018 Mineral Grey M2
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: Pennsylvania

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by maol View Post
I will recommend do88 IC. Better than Evo 2 and cheeper as well. Order the chargepipes as well.

https://www.do88.se/sv/artiklar/slan...f87/index.html
Your post history makes you seem like a shill for that intercooler.
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2019, 02:08 AM   #182
maol
New Member
4
Rep
16
Posts

Drives: Bmw M2
Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: Sweden

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony1s View Post
Your post history makes you seem like a shill for that intercooler.
Im satisfied with that IC, and I think it's a good alternative to Evo2 etc.
I don't get any kick back from them I just share my experience.
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2019, 03:52 AM   #183
Norhidem
Private
Sweden
132
Rep
86
Posts

Drives: M4 Comp,M2
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: Sweden

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by maol View Post
Im satisfied with that IC, and I think it's a good alternative to Evo2 etc.
I don't get any kick back from them I just share my experience.
It might be a good intercooler and DO88 is a very good company.
But the Evo2 Competition intercooler is perhaps the best in it's class, it's been tested against many others.

I'm not saying it's worse, but claiming it's better than the evo2 is a bald statement, escpecially when someone is new to the scene, let's not try and give false information, only backed by one selfs interest. No offence.
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2019, 05:55 AM   #184
maol
New Member
4
Rep
16
Posts

Drives: Bmw M2
Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: Sweden

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norhidem View Post
It might be a good intercooler and DO88 is a very good company.
But the Evo2 Competition intercooler is perhaps the best in it's class, it's been tested against many others.

I'm not saying it's worse, but claiming it's better than the evo2 is a bald statement, escpecially when someone is new to the scene, let's not try and give false information, only backed by one selfs interest. No offence.
I just shared my view, noting else. Look at the charts on the website when they compare the results with the Evo2.
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2019, 02:40 PM   #185
M2MGM
Second Lieutenant
94
Rep
227
Posts

Drives: 2017 M2 MGM
Join Date: Oct 2018
Location: Houston

iTrader: (0)

Say Halim..I'm hoping you're checking into this thread on occasion, and can comment on my situation.

I'm noticing some knock on my logs after loading the latest OTS Stg 2 93 maps, and not sure if they are spurious / harmless events, or something I need to pay closer attention to. I’ve noticed them on other peoples OTS Stg 2 93 5.7 logs that have been posted also, so I’m beginning to wonder if the V5.7 tune may be a bit too aggressive....at least for my local V-Power. Knock values seem to range somewhere between 0.2 and 1.0 on various logs, if that matters. I have also installed the colder NGK plugs recommended by PTF....fyi.

Here's a sample log with some knock. Id appreciate your input. If anyone else with tuning experience has some insight to offer....feel free to bring it on !

http://www.bootmod3.net/log?id=5cb3a419ae729b051b0448af
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2019, 02:52 PM   #186
akkando
Brigadier General
3063
Rep
4,148
Posts

Drives: 17 M2 DCT LBB,11 e90 M3 ZCP IB
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Bay Area

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nioh_lbbm2 View Post
Update from me here:
My Cali M2 BM3 ACN91 experience https://f87.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1597267
nioh_lbbm2 Any update on this ACN 91 tune? I think 5.7 is probably way too aggressive for California.
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2019, 02:55 PM   #187
nioh_lbbm2
Captain
542
Rep
896
Posts

Drives: '18 M2 6MT
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: California

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by akkando View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by nioh_lbbm2 View Post
Update from me here:
My Cali M2 BM3 ACN91 experience https://f87.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1597267
nioh_lbbm2 Any update on this ACN 91 tune? I think 5.7 is probably way too aggressive for California.
Unfortunately I haven't done another set of pulls yet. To be honest it's very risky to be doing 3-4th gear pulls on public roads so I haven't pushed my luck
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2019, 06:31 AM   #188
specka
Private First Class
44
Rep
133
Posts

Drives: M2 LCI BSM
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: Melbourne

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2017 BMW M2 LCI  [0.00]
I've just bought BM3, activated the licence etc all good.

I am currently trying to do the DME Read (Full) and wondering how long it could reasonably take? I've been waiting around 25mins and it still just has the message 'Attempting DME Full Read, please wait.'

unsure if its become unresponsive or not.

I wanted to do this prior to flashing , is it necessary?

Thanks
__________________
M2 LCI - DCT - BSM | BM3 Stg 2 | XPEL | Eventuri Intake | Fabspeed Sportscat | Wagner Evo 2 Comp FMIC | VRSF Pipe | Ohlins R&T Coilovers | Rays TE37 6061
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2019, 04:01 PM   #189
akkando
Brigadier General
3063
Rep
4,148
Posts

Drives: 17 M2 DCT LBB,11 e90 M3 ZCP IB
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Bay Area

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by specka View Post
I've just bought BM3, activated the licence etc all good.

I am currently trying to do the DME Read (Full) and wondering how long it could reasonably take? I've been waiting around 25mins and it still just has the message 'Attempting DME Full Read, please wait.'

unsure if its become unresponsive or not.

I wanted to do this prior to flashing , is it necessary?

Thanks
That sounds long to me. If it's JUST reading it hopefully you don't have anything to worry about as far as the car is concerned. I know they recommend to turn off the firewall on the computer you are using or any anti virus that might block it and screw it up.
Appreciate 1
specka43.50

      04-26-2019, 04:44 PM   #190
Anthony1s
Lieutenant Colonel
1057
Rep
1,609
Posts

Drives: 2018 Mineral Grey M2
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: Pennsylvania

iTrader: (0)

Here's a log I took the other day of v5.7 Stg2 93 AGG tune. It was my first time logging and I ran out of road to push it further. Got up to 144mph though. Not sure if I should do multiple logs, one after the other, to see how things act as the car heats up more. Could do that another day.

My mods are:
Wagner Evo 2 Comp
FTP Chargepipes
MP Exhaust
Eventuri Intake
Pump 93 Octane, no boosters.

I'm on the OEM downpipe for now. I'm no expert and I'm sure this log doesn't tell the whole story, but doesn't seem like I need a sport cat.

Ambient temp was 60-63f. Cruising at 70-80mph on the highway IATs were about 15f higher than ambient. Driving in the city, 20mph or so, is about 20f higher than ambient.

During the pull, highest IAT was 110f.

It's still spring here too, once summer comes temps get to the low-mid 90s. Will have to wait until then to log that condition.

http://www.bootmod3.net/log?id=5cc1cf55ae729b069556a605
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2019, 03:25 AM   #191
NathObeaN
Private First Class
NathObeaN's Avatar
United Kingdom
177
Rep
146
Posts

Drives: M2 LCI 2018
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: UK

iTrader: (0)

Hi guys,

Just wanted to check if anyone else noticed this but I logged into bootmod3.net this morning and found that burble aggression on the non AGG maps have changed from a scale of 0-7 to 0-12... any idea why? The OTS version number is the same, so I can only assume the agent/web UI has changed the scale, but is 7 still 7 or is 7 the new 12?
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2019, 08:17 AM   #192
NathObeaN
Private First Class
NathObeaN's Avatar
United Kingdom
177
Rep
146
Posts

Drives: M2 LCI 2018
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: UK

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NathObeaN View Post
Hi guys,

Just wanted to check if anyone else noticed this but I logged into bootmod3.net this morning and found that burble aggression on the non AGG maps have changed from a scale of 0-7 to 0-12... any idea why? The OTS version number is the same, so I can only assume the agent/web UI has changed the scale, but is 7 still 7 or is 7 the new 12?
Just saw an update on the BM3 Facebook page - they've added additional aggression settings (up to 12). Everything from 7-12 is new (more aggressive).
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2019, 12:39 PM   #193
ZM2
Lieutenant Colonel
969
Rep
1,595
Posts

Drives: 2017 LBB M2
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Baltimore

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NathObeaN View Post
Just saw an update on the BM3 Facebook page - they've added additional aggression settings (up to 12). Everything from 7-12 is new (more aggressive).
That’s nutty.

I run the non-Agg map and have Sport set <1 and Sport+ at 2.5 to keep things from getting out of control.
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2019, 01:49 PM   #194
NathObeaN
Private First Class
NathObeaN's Avatar
United Kingdom
177
Rep
146
Posts

Drives: M2 LCI 2018
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: UK

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZM2 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by NathObeaN View Post
Just saw an update on the BM3 Facebook page - they've added additional aggression settings (up to 12). Everything from 7-12 is new (more aggressive).
That’s nutty.

I run the non-Agg map and have Sport set <1 and Sport+ at 2.5 to keep things from getting out of control.
I've been trying the 12 setting today, it's pretty ludicrous. I don't know if I will keep it, probably end up dialling it back a bit but it makes me laugh if nothing else.
Appreciate 1
ZM2969.00

      05-06-2019, 12:53 PM   #195
Halim@HCP
First Lieutenant
Halim@HCP's Avatar
Denmark
523
Rep
318
Posts

Drives: BMW F80 M3 / M6 F13
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: Denmark, Copenhagen

iTrader: (0)

Stage 1 and stage 2 ACN91 octane OTS maps are now published !
Appreciate 2
FSociety3226.00
ORG49.50

      05-06-2019, 02:17 PM   #196
Happy Motoring
First Lieutenant
Happy Motoring's Avatar
United_States
197
Rep
322
Posts

Drives: OG M2
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: Dallas, TX

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2017 BMW M2  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by cecaa850 View Post
Is there a way to tune these that doesn't jack with your exhaust?
Can anyone confirm? My car is loud enough as is and don't need added noise.
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2019, 08:37 PM   #197
nioh_lbbm2
Captain
542
Rep
896
Posts

Drives: '18 M2 6MT
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: California

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halim@HCP View Post
Stage 1 and stage 2 ACN91 octane OTS maps are now published !
Nice! Going to move up from my "beta" Stage 1 ACN91 to Stage 2 since i have support mods. Hopefully the logs show that the car is ok with the stage 2!
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2019, 09:13 PM   #198
ecitizen
Second Lieutenant
80
Rep
295
Posts

Drives: 2013 328i
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Arizona

iTrader: (0)

What is ACN?
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:49 PM.




m2
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST