BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
M2 Technical Topics > N55 Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Bolt-ons / Tuning > My thoughts on every single intake available.

09-12-2019, 01:21 PM   #67
Mosely
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '18 LBB M2 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infamus View Post
I have had my Turner in now for almost a month. Love all the sound and the looks. When I open the hood everybody just turns and looks... easy install and no CEL... cant beat it for the price.
Turner is an oiled filter right? That was the only thing holding me back right now.

Appreciate 0
      09-15-2019, 09:30 PM   #68
Jcab
Rep
Drives: M2

Hey guys so I decided to go with the turner intake.

1. It looks good

2. It sounds great

I couldn't be happier with this intake I would definitely recommend if you are looking for more turbo noise. I don't feel any performance upgrade, however I wasn't looking for that.
Attached Images

Appreciate 2
JTO242440.50

09-20-2019, 08:08 PM   #69
18EM2
Public Last Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2 DCT LBB

Garage List
2018 BMW M2  [0.00]
Any heat soak issues with an open element?
2006 M Roadster
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2019, 04:57 AM   #70
Jcab
Rep
Drives: M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by 18EM2 View Post
Any heat soak issues with an open element?
So I don't have facts as I did not dyno the car before and after the installation of the intake. I personally feel that the car feels the same. Literally it just sounds completely better with it on. I drove probably about 150 miles already and I haven't had any issues.
Appreciate 1
      02-11-2020, 04:35 PM   #71
VisualEcho
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW M2

Garage List
2018 BMW M2  [0.00]
Really considering this Turner intake for the additional sound, but I'm worried about the oiled filter, and the warranty. Anyone had any more issues with them?
      02-11-2020, 05:03 PM   #72
M Fifty
Captain
Rep
Drives: M2 & 330CI

Do any of these manufacturers publish a maximum fording depth for their products compared to stock? There's been 'some' flooding recently and I'm concerned that I will no longer be able to watch the bow wave go past the door handles as I drive to work.

True Story: The JLTV Programme Manager pointed out that the best way for the driver of a Humvee to determine if they were getting close to maximum fording depth was how close the water in the vehicle was to their neck...
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2020, 05:19 PM   #73
Anthony1s
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2018 Mineral Grey M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by VisualEcho View Post
Really considering this Turner intake for the additional sound, but I'm worried about the oiled filter, and the warranty. Anyone had any more issues with them?
I made a post about oiled filters a year or two ago showing actual scientific research by scientists that oiled filters are completely fine for cars with MAFs, let more clean air pass through to the engine, and do a better job at filtering than dry paper filters. Then people replied saying things like "That's all marketing to sell more oiled filters" Instead of arguing and disproving the scientific research. Or replied with "but my buddy got a CEL after using an intake with an oiled filter" while completely ignoring that people get the same CEL on intakes with paper filters.

I don't have the links to the studies on me. I'm sure you can google them to find them (that's how I got them). But I still stand by that oiled filters are the better filter. And I've run oiled filters since 2013 with no issues. Even the times I've cleaned the filters and applied way too much oil before reinstalling them. Though you shouldn't over oil the filter just because less air will be able to pass through it. (air cannot pass through oil) not because it will damage the MAF.
      02-11-2020, 05:26 PM   #74
Anthony1s
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2018 Mineral Grey M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by M Fifty View Post
Do any of these manufacturers publish a maximum fording depth for their products compared to stock? There's been 'some' flooding recently and I'm concerned that I will no longer be able to watch the bow wave go past the door handles as I drive to work.

True Story: The JLTV Programme Manager pointed out that the best way for the driver of a Humvee to determine if they were getting close to maximum fording depth was how close the water in the vehicle was to their neck...
Yea, mfgs need to get on the ball with their testing before selling to consumers. I had to independently drop test each intake to decide which I wanted to put on my car.

Also, I never finished the testing but I'm able to open 15 Chrome tabs on my eventuri intake compared to 7 on the OEM before experiencing severe lag.