BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
M2 Technical Topics > Track / Autocross / Dragstrip > Which one of you guys is in this video?

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      12-10-2019, 03:32 PM   #1
5.M0NSTER
Captain
5.M0NSTER's Avatar
United_States
652
Rep
730
Posts

Drives: 2017 BMW M2 6MT Drivers Pack
Join Date: Dec 2018
Location: Little north of Stuttgart, Germany

iTrader: (0)

Which one of you guys is in this video?

Just came across a video of Randy Pobst driving someone's Camaro SS at Pitt Race, and there is a blue M2 in the video. Right around 2:23. Whoever it is can now say they drove against Randy Pobst!

Landapanda, is that you?

__________________
2017 BMW M2 German Spec
6MT, Driver's Package

"Redline a day keeps the mechanics away"
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2019, 04:22 PM   #2
ZM2
Lieutenant Colonel
985
Rep
1,615
Posts

Drives: 2017 LBB M2
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Baltimore

iTrader: (0)

I’ve driven against Pobst in some AER races and even hung with him for a few laps. He’s a legit hard racer but fair, and super nice out of the car.
Appreciate 1
5.M0NSTER652.00

      12-11-2019, 09:30 AM   #3
CosmosMpower
Brigadier General
CosmosMpower's Avatar
1853
Rep
3,641
Posts

Drives: F80, F87c, GT3, MK7 GTI
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Frisco, TX

iTrader: (1)

Funny that these pro racers come race in amateur series. Andy Lally was at the WRL race at COTA but his car blew up so I don't think he drove. It'd be like a NBA player going to a YMCA pick up game.
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2019, 11:09 AM   #4
ZM2
Lieutenant Colonel
985
Rep
1,615
Posts

Drives: 2017 LBB M2
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Baltimore

iTrader: (0)

For sure, and it’s a lot of fun to drive against them!

I was racing bumper to bumper with Johan Schwartz (current M240ir Champ, and he’s driven my M2 on track with me a couple times) for about 10 laps until I realized he was in a Class 2 car and I was in a Class 3 car.

I kept watching my rear view where he was gaining time on me and said, “ok, I need to be faster there!” I picked up the pace in those areas and eventually drove away from him and our team won Class 3 later that day.

He popped over to complement me finding more speed and pulling away, which was very cool of him. I told him it was only bc he was on my ass! Another super nice guy out of the car.
Appreciate 1
mcvaughan448.50

      12-11-2019, 02:07 PM   #5
VTBoss302
Private First Class
130
Rep
117
Posts

Drives: Yes
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: Florida

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZM2 View Post
He popped over to complement me finding more speed and pulling away, which was very cool of him. I told him it was only bc he was on my ass! Another super nice guy out of the car.
Cool stories and says a lot about your driving talent and experience

In those types of situations, I often end up overdriving the car and pushing too hard which actually makes me slower and more likely to make mistakes
Appreciate 1
ZM2984.50

      12-11-2019, 08:59 PM   #6
ZM2
Lieutenant Colonel
985
Rep
1,615
Posts

Drives: 2017 LBB M2
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Baltimore

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by VTBoss302 View Post
Cool stories and says a lot about your driving talent and experience

In those types of situations, I often end up overdriving the car and pushing too hard which actually makes me slower and more likely to make mistakes
Yeah, very easy to do, and I still overdrive when pushed before I use my head and calm down and just flow.

Something to keep in mind is these guys are at a track almost every weekend and many of their day jobs are at a track during the week.

They get WAY more track time than we do, so they just hop in and go. Usually takes me a session or 20min into a race to chill out and just drive.
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2019, 02:53 AM   #7
5.M0NSTER
Captain
5.M0NSTER's Avatar
United_States
652
Rep
730
Posts

Drives: 2017 BMW M2 6MT Drivers Pack
Join Date: Dec 2018
Location: Little north of Stuttgart, Germany

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZM2 View Post
Yeah, very easy to do, and I still overdrive when pushed before I use my head and calm down and just flow.

Something to keep in mind is these guys are at a track almost every weekend and many of their day jobs are at a track during the week.

They get WAY more track time than we do, so they just hop in and go. Usually takes me a session or 20min into a race to chill out and just drive.
Same here. Cold brain on the first session which is why I take it easy and remember where brake zones are, which gear I need, turn in points etc.

On the first session I'll sometimes use the blinker for no good reason
__________________
2017 BMW M2 German Spec
6MT, Driver's Package

"Redline a day keeps the mechanics away"
Appreciate 1
ZM2984.50

      12-12-2019, 02:25 PM   #8
landapanda
Lieutenant
216
Rep
408
Posts

Drives: BMW M2
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Ashburn, Virginia

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5.M0NSTER View Post
Just came across a video of Randy Pobst driving someone's Camaro SS at Pitt Race, and there is a blue M2 in the video. Right around 2:23. Whoever it is can now say they drove against Randy Pobst!

Landapanda, is that you?

Not me sorry - I didn't have my M2 at Pitt until this spring.
Appreciate 1
ZM2984.50

Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:56 PM.




m2
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST