BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
M2 Technical Topics > N55 Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Bolt-ons / Tuning > ♛ OFFICIAL ♛ HEX Tuning BMW ///M2 ECU Software Release

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      05-17-2017, 02:02 PM   #67
switlikbob
Chuggin' Along
switlikbob's Avatar
United_States
318
Rep
629
Posts

Drives: 2017 LBB ///M2
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Southern NJ

iTrader: (0)

Does your hex tune take full advantage of 93 octane fuel? As in, more power gains for 93?
Appreciate 1
      05-17-2017, 03:01 PM   #68
VF-Engineering
Major
VF-Engineering's Avatar
957
Rep
1,394
Posts

Drives: F82 M4
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Anaheim, CA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by switlikbob View Post
Does your hex tune take full advantage of 93 octane fuel? As in, more power gains for 93?

There is a margin for adaptation with 93 Octane which will produce slightly better gains.
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2017, 04:10 PM   #69
toastie
Lieutenant
toastie's Avatar
United_States
161
Rep
430
Posts

Drives: M5
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: SoCal

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by VF-Engineering View Post

There is a margin for adaptation with 93 Octane which will produce slightly better gains.
If I understand correctly, the tune will adapt to the rest of us that use 93 octane or is there a separate map?
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2017, 04:47 PM   #70
VF-Engineering
Major
VF-Engineering's Avatar
957
Rep
1,394
Posts

Drives: F82 M4
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Anaheim, CA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by toastie View Post
If I understand correctly, the tune will adapt to the rest of us that use 93 octane or is there a separate map?

You are correct.
We do not offer a 93 Octane specific tune, but just as the factory ECU will
adapt for various fuel qualities and weather conditions, the HEX Tuning
software retains the same adaptability.


Note: Higher octane rated unleaded fuel will always offer an advantage
with our performance calibrations; not to be confused with "blended
ethanol" as we do not currently support ethanol blended fuel for this
software application.
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2017, 11:03 AM   #71
toastie
Lieutenant
toastie's Avatar
United_States
161
Rep
430
Posts

Drives: M5
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: SoCal

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by VF-Engineering View Post

You are correct.
We do not offer a 93 Octane specific tune, but just as the factory ECU will
adapt for various fuel qualities and weather conditions, the HEX Tuning
software retains the same adaptability.


Note: Higher octane rated unleaded fuel will always offer an advantage
with our performance calibrations; not to be confused with "blended
ethanol" as we do not currently support ethanol blended fuel for this
software application.
Thanks for the clarification. When would VF begin supporting modified turbo applications?
Appreciate 1
      05-18-2017, 11:31 AM   #72
VF-Engineering
Major
VF-Engineering's Avatar
957
Rep
1,394
Posts

Drives: F82 M4
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Anaheim, CA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by toastie View Post
Thanks for the clarification. When would VF begin supporting modified turbo applications?

It's just too soon to predict.

We are still in the process of testing/tuning for modified turbos on for
the F8X S55, and then we will explore what's next on the development
schedule.

To be fair, the M2 N55 market is strong for us as there's obviously a
very enthusiastic customer base, but we have other strong platforms
such as the S63 which has a very wide range of applications.



We'll absolutely keep everyone here in the loop on when we start
testing, and I encourage anyone who is genuinely interested to send
us an e-mail and/or PM to express that interest so we can keep tabs
with a proper head count.

Appreciate 1
toastie161.00

      05-31-2017, 03:23 PM   #73
DragonGate
Private First Class
Brazil
72
Rep
103
Posts

Drives: 15' X5M & 17' M2
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: SoCal > GA > CT

iTrader: (0)

In for 93 octane results from independent members in East Coast
__________________
15' X5M DG, enzotune
17' M2 *** CTS Turbo FMIC, CTS Turbo DP, CTS Turbo CP, CTS Turbo Intake *** Bootmod3 E30 OTS
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2017, 09:06 PM   #74
VF-Engineering
Major
VF-Engineering's Avatar
957
Rep
1,394
Posts

Drives: F82 M4
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Anaheim, CA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by m2s63tu View Post
In for 93 octane results from independent members in East Coast

Coming Soon!

Rogue Engineering in New Jersey just did (2) M2's today alone,
so it's just a matter of time. I think their 2nd customer is in for a
Stage TWO "before and after" dyno some time next week.

If not them, there's a larger handful of other HEX Tuned M2's
between PA, GA, TX, FL who should be on the rollers very soon.
Attached Images
 
Appreciate 1
Supadice288.00

      06-01-2017, 09:07 PM   #75
VF-Engineering
Major
VF-Engineering's Avatar
957
Rep
1,394
Posts

Drives: F82 M4
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Anaheim, CA

iTrader: (0)



Side Note:


With Bimmerfest only TWO days away, we wanted to make sure everyone
knows we'll once again be doing on-site HEX Tuning installations at the show!


We only have 3 spots left for the weekend, so if you're interested, send us a
PM and we'll get you locked in the with special Bimmerfest pricing.




Appreciate 0
      06-01-2017, 09:35 PM   #76
BAN_M2C
Colonel
BAN_M2C's Avatar
United_States
3047
Rep
2,547
Posts

Drives: 2019 M2 Competition
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Sunshine State

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by VF-Engineering View Post

Coming Soon!
If not them, there's a larger handful of other HEX Tuned M2's
between PA, GA, TX, FL who should be on the rollers very soon.
Who do you have as an authorized dealer in FL?
__________________
2019 M2 Competition Ordered
2017 LBB M2|2011 BSM 135i|Follow me on IG
2019 M2 Competition|2017 LBB M2 (Sold)|2011 BSM 135i|1974 Granarot 2002
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2017, 09:45 PM   #77
VF-Engineering
Major
VF-Engineering's Avatar
957
Rep
1,394
Posts

Drives: F82 M4
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Anaheim, CA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by EL BAN View Post
Who do you have as an authorized dealer in FL?
South Florida = Fitzgibbon Performance in Pompano Beach.

West Coast = SV Motorsports in Bradentown.

Send us a PM or e-mail and we'll gladly set up a proper referral!




Last edited by VF-Engineering; 10-18-2017 at 11:43 AM..
Appreciate 1
BAN_M2C3047.00

      06-02-2017, 03:20 AM   #78
K1won
Enlisted Member
6
Rep
35
Posts

Drives: Rollercoaster
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: Atlanta GA

iTrader: (0)

Not even owning an M2 yet, but this looks pretty exciting.
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2017, 11:39 AM   #79
RPM2-85
Second Lieutenant
268
Rep
207
Posts

Drives: 2017 M2 AW
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: NJ

iTrader: (0)

This is solid programming men.

Real pleased with the power delivery. Feels spot on. Much more top end finally.

It does not have enough tire at all now. Immediately slips into TC on throttle out of corners.

Cant wait to kill these tires and go with M3 size.
Appreciate 1
      06-02-2017, 06:17 PM   #80
Supadice
Second Lieutenant
Supadice's Avatar
288
Rep
227
Posts

Drives: 2017 M2
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Hoboken, NJ

iTrader: (0)

My car is the LBB M2 in the pic. I am currently on my honeymoon while Rouge Engineering works on my car. They are doing the stage 2 tune, intercooler, charge pipe, boost pipe, inlet pipe, diverter valve, coilovers, camber plates, arm bushings, and rear sway bar links. I will do a in-depth post when I get it back. Then hopefully to a dyno for further reviews. To say the least I'm excited.
Appreciate 4
      06-07-2017, 10:47 AM   #81
DragonGate
Private First Class
Brazil
72
Rep
103
Posts

Drives: 15' X5M & 17' M2
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: SoCal > GA > CT

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supadice View Post
My car is the LBB M2 in the pic. I am currently on my honeymoon while Rouge Engineering works on my car. They are doing the stage 2 tune, intercooler, charge pipe, boost pipe, inlet pipe, diverter valve, coilovers, camber plates, arm bushings, and rear sway bar links. I will do a in-depth post when I get it back. Then hopefully to a dyno for further reviews. To say the least I'm excited.
Looking forward to your review and dyno
__________________
15' X5M DG, enzotune
17' M2 *** CTS Turbo FMIC, CTS Turbo DP, CTS Turbo CP, CTS Turbo Intake *** Bootmod3 E30 OTS
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2017, 11:21 AM   #82
Supadice
Second Lieutenant
Supadice's Avatar
288
Rep
227
Posts

Drives: 2017 M2
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Hoboken, NJ

iTrader: (0)

i am hoping to pick up the car on sunday. It may be delayed I was sent the wrong diverter valve so waiting on the correct one to come in
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2017, 02:46 AM   #83
R0ME0
"The Midas Touch"
R0ME0's Avatar
492
Rep
1,083
Posts

Drives: F87 LBB ///M2
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Seattle, WA

iTrader: (14)

Garage List
2017 M2  [5.00]
2008 Z4M - SOLD  [0.00]
Can your stage 1 tune clear the CEL for a catless downpipe? Also if I get the tune will it cost more down to road when I want to move to stage 2 or is the cost all inclusive?
Appreciate 0
      06-13-2017, 02:50 PM   #84
VF-Engineering
Major
VF-Engineering's Avatar
957
Rep
1,394
Posts

Drives: F82 M4
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Anaheim, CA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by inline6ax View Post
Sent a PM
PM replied.

Looking forward to possibly having you as another satisfied
HEX Tuning Customer!
Appreciate 0
      06-13-2017, 02:54 PM   #85
VF-Engineering
Major
VF-Engineering's Avatar
957
Rep
1,394
Posts

Drives: F82 M4
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Anaheim, CA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by R0ME0 View Post
... if I get the tune will it cost more down to road when I want to move to stage 2 or is the cost all inclusive?

PM sent to address your questions directly.

For all other who may be interested, additional MAPs have a flat rate cost
of $100. Customer upgrade from Stage ONE to Stage TWO later on will
never pay more than they would if buying Stage TWO from the start.

Appreciate 2
///MIKE M200.50
BAN_M2C3047.00

      06-22-2017, 08:51 PM   #86
Supadice
Second Lieutenant
Supadice's Avatar
288
Rep
227
Posts

Drives: 2017 M2
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Hoboken, NJ

iTrader: (0)

My stage 2 tune has been finished. The car feels great, fast and sounds mean. I am waiting to do a full thread after I get to a dyno. If anyone has any questions feel free to ask. Along with the tune I had a Wagner Evo Comp FMIC, FTP charge and boost pipes, Inlet pipe, and GFB diverter valve.
Appreciate 3
FSociety3226.00
SeanWRT2499.50
BAN_M2C3047.00

      06-23-2017, 12:16 AM   #87
FSociety
2020 X3M/X4M Coming Soon
FSociety's Avatar
No_Country
3226
Rep
7,105
Posts

Drives: F90 M5, F80 M3 ZCP
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: NYC NJ CT PA FL

iTrader: (3)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supadice View Post
My stage 2 tune has been finished. The car feels great, fast and sounds mean. I am waiting to do a full thread after I get to a dyno. If anyone has any questions feel free to ask. Along with the tune I had a Wagner Evo Comp FMIC, FTP charge and boost pipes, Inlet pipe, and GFB diverter valve.
Let me know if you need Dyno recommendation, I know most of the locations of the Dynojet in our area and can recommend you.
__________________
F90 M5 @BM3Tuning/HCP STG1+ 6.6s | 10.3@134 | 0-60 2.61s | HCP STG2 60-130 6.24s 10.14@138
F98 X4MC

http://www.instagram.com/BMWF9XM
Appreciate 1
BAN_M2C3047.00

      06-25-2017, 08:14 AM   #88
BAN_M2C
Colonel
BAN_M2C's Avatar
United_States
3047
Rep
2,547
Posts

Drives: 2019 M2 Competition
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Sunshine State

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supadice View Post
My stage 2 tune has been finished. The car feels great, fast and sounds mean. I am waiting to do a full thread after I get to a dyno. If anyone has any questions feel free to ask. Along with the tune I had a Wagner Evo Comp FMIC, FTP charge and boost pipes, Inlet pipe, and GFB diverter valve.
Looking forward to seeing your results
__________________
2019 M2 Competition Ordered
2017 LBB M2|2011 BSM 135i|Follow me on IG
2019 M2 Competition|2017 LBB M2 (Sold)|2011 BSM 135i|1974 Granarot 2002
Appreciate 1
FSociety3226.00

Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:20 AM.




m2
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST