BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
M2 Technical Topics > N55 Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Bolt-ons / Tuning > Res + secondary cat delete

09-25-2019, 08:39 AM   #1
Shahaf2911
Private
Israel
Rep
Drives: Bmw M2

Res + secondary cat delete

I've just purchased my 2017 LBB M2, and I was looking in to making the car louder, I did consider a down-pipe but in my country unfortunately it's illegal and only parts past the down-pipe/headers are legal and it may be problematic.
I looked a lot and haven't found someone whose done it before and as I plan on doing that mod i wanted to check maybe someone that has done it before can give a review or your opinion about the idea
It's also important to mention I am looking to making the car more than livable in comfort mode that there won't be any drone or won't wake up the whole neighborhood lol
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2019, 09:01 AM   #2
AndrewC1989
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 328d xDrive

Garage List
Dinan makes a resonator delete:

https://www.dinancars.com/product/d6...or-bmw-f87-m2/

It's a good and cheap way of livening things up a bit while keeping the emissions legal.

Appreciate 1
      09-26-2019, 11:23 AM   #3
Shahaf2911
Private
Israel
Rep
Drives: Bmw M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewc89 View Post
Dinan makes a resonator delete:

https://www.dinancars.com/product/d6...or-bmw-f87-m2/

It's a good and cheap way of livening things up a bit while keeping the emissions legal.

That's a mod I'm going to do for sure, is there any drone without the res when in comfort mode ? And as I saw you also changed the down-pipe is there any drone with those too changes ?
I am aware that is sport there is drone but I've read that in comfort there isn't.
Thanks
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2019, 12:39 PM   #4
AndrewC1989
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 328d xDrive

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shahaf2911 View Post
That's a mod I'm going to do for sure, is there any drone without the res when in comfort mode ? And as I saw you also changed the down-pipe is there any drone with those too changes ?
I am aware that is sport there is drone but I've read that in comfort there isn't.
Thanks
There's no drone with the resonator delete in any mode. If you add a sport cat then you can expect to have a little drone at certain RPMs, but not an unbearable amount by any means. Coding out ASD or getting a bypass harness helps eliminate the added cabin noise you hear when going from comfort to sport/sport+.
Appreciate 1