BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M2 Forum > BMW M2 Discussions > BMW M2 dealer car order options revealed [updated with even more options details]

07-28-2015, 10:49 PM   #133
raysspl
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: walking, bicycle, & bus

Anyone know if Valencia Orange or Sakhir Orange is going to make it to the M2? I'd be interested in that.
      07-28-2015, 10:54 PM   #134
mech888
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 320i & 335i

I don't know about anyone else but I'm getting really underwhelmed by this car. I was planning to sell my 2009 335i for this car but honestly I'm starting to reconsider. The only thing superior to my car at this point is the manufacturer date! N54 e90 is a bad ass car and this thing is just more of the ho hum same f30 carryover! No thanks Bmw!!!
2011 328i Gone
2009 335i Gone
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2015, 11:00 PM   #135
Adem1534
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '16 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by mech888 View Post
I don't know about anyone else but I'm getting really underwhelmed by this car. I was planning to sell my 2009 335i for this car but honestly I'm starting to reconsider. The only thing superior to my car at this point is the manufacturer date! N54 e90 is a bad ass car and this thing is just more of the ho hum same f30 carryover! No thanks Bmw!!!
I'm guessing you think your car is superior to the 1M too? Look, your car is nice, but don't let your ownership sway your emotions, because your car is not, not even close, to a superior car than what the M2 will be.

Regardless, I'm glad you feel that way. Go get a different car so it will be easier for me to get one.

Oh, and one thing. It's not a carry over from the F30. It's a carry over from the F80/F82. You know, the M3 and M4. Which if you don't think are superior to your car then I have nothing left to say. You clearly haven't been following the development of this car closely. It will be an M4 from the waist down. Cheers!

Last edited by Adem1534; 07-28-2015 at 11:05 PM..
Appreciate 3
      07-28-2015, 11:02 PM   #136
Adem1534
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by raysspl View Post
Anyone know if Valencia Orange or Sakhir Orange is going to make it to the M2? I'd be interested in that.
Nope, Long Beach Blue, Mineral Grey, Alpine white, Black Saphire Metallic. Make your pick.
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2015, 11:06 PM   #137
blefevre
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E36 M3 Track Car, (M2 sold)

No real surprise with any of that.

Now for my required complaint: I'm fairly simple...I just wish there was a cloth seat option.
Appreciate 1
      07-28-2015, 11:07 PM   #138
chipotle_napkins
Demoted lol
United_States
Rep
Drives: a Porsche soon (: Sowy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tag View Post
I've never owned a car with PDC or a RVC. Every new car I've ever gotten I've gone through an acclimation phase. I literally get out and view distance, several times if necessary to be able to judge how much room I've got. Takes a few times but once you're attuned to the dimensions of your car it becomes second nature.

I've never bumped anything in my current car of nearly 5yrs. That said I know this just won't work for some people.
A good trick is to also look at the reflection of the car next to you to see where the curb is
      07-28-2015, 11:10 PM   #139
MTHRAR
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: LBB M2

Based upon the information in the OP, I think we might see a price right at the $50K mark. $49,995 would be great actually, with some options, I'm hoping around the $52K-$53K mark. No adaptive suspension though....I was really hoping for that as it was one of the only options I would have specced other than 19 inch wheels and HK Sound.

Additionally, I looked at an M4 this weekend for the first time in person (dealership was closed on Sunday) and my impression was that the M4 and the 4 series in general seems a lot bigger in person than what I've seen in many pictures. I also had a chance to see a 228i which impressed me way more in person than it does in pictures. I am back in the M2 camp at this point and the limited options do not bother me as I would have ordered a pretty much stripper model M3/4.
Appreciate 3
      07-28-2015, 11:49 PM   #140
hyperzulu
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 M235i

If this is what it takes to keep the car under $50k msrp, that's fine. If the car starts at near 55 with a manual and leases like the 1M.....sad days.

I still find it odd that the M235i can be optioned better than an M car. When does that ever happen in production for BMW Ms?
      07-29-2015, 12:02 AM   #141
W///
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: F82GTS, E36/E92M3, Z4M

Quote:
Originally Posted by GFK007 View Post
I'm genuinely surprised that no one else is a bit underwhelmed.

It's hard to get excited when there are so few exterior color options, a single interior option, a single rim option, and no carbon roof or guaranteed M seat as in the f80 and f82.

The very idea of owning an M car, which has long been a dream of mine, almost seems more appealing to me in theory than actually spending what will be close to 60k for this car.

If it doesn't lease well, I would be very inclined to get an f80.
Not really, as this is more or less what I expected. The idea of owning an M car to me is mainly about the driving pleasure, which I fully expect this M2 to take over from what the 1M did. How BMW decides to option this out, I don't care. How they'll price it is really what matters to me.

Personally plan on going very low option anyway.
LBB
6MT
Heated seats

Extras:
CF lip and spoiler
Small drop (hopefully Swift springs makes them)
Spacers to start with, eventually new+wider wheels

Done
Appreciate 3
      07-29-2015, 12:11 AM   #142
OrangeCrush
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: VO 1M #513/740

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyperzulu View Post
If this is what it takes to keep the car under $50k msrp, that's fine. If the car starts at near 55 with a manual and leases like the 1M.....sad days.

I still find it odd that the M235i can be optioned better than an M car. When does that ever happen in production for BMW Ms?
I originally thought this car would start around 49-50k but after thinking about it, I'm sure it will be more.

The 1M was what...47-48k after destination? Add a couple grand just for being a new model puts us right around 50k...but, the base 1M came with nothing standard so add at least another 3k for having electric seats and navigation standard, now we are at 53k. Tack on $700.00 -$1000.00 for the standard carbon fiber trim now we are at 54k. So a no optioned M2 with LBB paint will be right at 55k.
Appreciate 2
      07-29-2015, 12:16 AM   #143
W///
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by emathis View Post
It is quite short.
Manual 6 gear transmission is standard, 7-DCT as an option
Only four colours (Black, white, blue, mineralgrau)
Only one single interior black leather with blue stiching
Only 19" wheels in black
Navi Pro is standard
Power heated seats is an option
Carbon inserts is standard
Rear camera as an option
Parking sensor in the rear is standard, no option for the front
Internet and this kind of stupid (imo&#128563 things are an option
Haman Kardon is an option
Adaptive headlights is an option
Warranty extension to 5 years is an option
Rear tinted windows is an option
Two different telephone system are an option
Shadow line in black is standard
In your previous post, you mentioned that heated seats were standard, but you say it's an option. Can you please confirm which one it is. Thanks

Congrats on the M2!

P.S. not that I was going to order it, but surprised EDC is not an option
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2015, 12:17 AM   #144
bobloblaw
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: m3

Quote:
Originally Posted by W/// View Post
Not really, as this is more or less what I expected. The idea of owning an M car to me is mainly about the driving pleasure, which I fully expect this M2 to take over from what the 1M did. How BMW decides to option this out, I don't care. How they'll price it is really what matters to me.

Personally plan on going very low option anyway.
LBB
6MT
Heated seats

Extras:
CF lip and spoiler
Small drop (hopefully Swift springs makes them)
Spacers to start with, eventually new+wider wheels

Done
I'm still kind of torn on this, and obviously it's a big cause of debate on the forums since we're all so antsy about the release of the car. I can see why BMW isn't putting a CF roof on the car, since I'm sure it would be expensive and reserved as a special thing for the more expensive Ms.

This is probably going to sound blasphemous, but I would take M seats over a CF roof (since I'm sure a CF roof would drive up the price a lot). I'm not a good enough driver to notice the weight difference, and I doubt 99.9% of people here are either, but I can understand why they really like them.

I do however think that seats can really enhance the driving pleasure and experience by keeping you feeling secure and supported. I really enjoyed the supportive Nappa e90 M3 seats compared to the regular rough Dakota e90 seats that were just ok. This seemed to offend people in another thread since they thought I wanted like carbon fiber buckets straight out of a GT3 or something, but really I just want seats that aren't straight out of the m235i. That's all I'll say about seats since I don't want to derail the thread, but that's just my reasoning for why I think seats do really enhance the driving experience, just like the other supposed little things like that sweet chunky M steering wheel
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2015, 12:22 AM   #145
pikcachu
Major General
Rep
Drives: M235i (F22 Red angel)

Quote:
In your previous post, you mentioned that heated seats were standard, but you say it's an option. Can you please confirm which one it is. Thanks

Congrats on the M2!

P.S. not that I was going to order it, but surprised EDC is not an option
maybe edc is standard ?
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2015, 12:25 AM   #146
M3 Adjuster
Banned
Albania
Rep
Drives: 1M, X1 M Sport, E46 325ic

Quote:
Originally Posted by GFK007
I'm genuinely surprised that no one else is a bit underwhelmed.

It's hard to get excited when there are so few exterior color options, a single interior option, a single rim option, and no carbon roof or guaranteed M seat as in the f80 and f82.

The very idea of owning an M car, which has long been a dream of mine, almost seems more appealing to me in theory than actually spending what will be close to 60k for this car.

If it doesn't lease well, I would be very inclined to get an f80.

Please research the 1M.

I will bet dollars to donuts this doesn't "lease well. "
!

The beauty of this car likely is.. It will probably start about 10k less than the M3 and M4... And it will probably just barely top out at 60k. Because if you get that close ... Guess what .. BMW AG would rather you get an M4 or M3.

BMW has always wanted to sell the 3/4 series as their most popular model.

If you are disappointed with this car already ,go ahead an make your best deal (via euro delivery if possible ) on an F80 immediately!!

No shame in that game... And you won't have to stand in line for an M2...
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2015, 12:26 AM   #147
M3 Adjuster
Banned
Albania
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by vstM3
No convertible?
If a convertible is introduced, it would be 1 year later.. On the convertible life cycle.
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2015, 12:28 AM   #148
W///
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobloblaw View Post
I'm still kind of torn on this, and obviously it's a big cause of debate on the forums since we're all so antsy about the release of the car. I can see why BMW isn't putting a CF roof on the car, since I'm sure it would be expensive and reserved as a special thing for the more expensive Ms.

This is probably going to sound blasphemous, but I would take M seats over a CF roof (since I'm sure a CF roof would drive up the price a lot). I'm not a good enough driver to notice the weight difference, and I doubt 99.9% of people here are either, but I can understand why they really like them.

I do however think that seats can really enhance the driving pleasure and experience by keeping you feeling secure and supported. I really enjoyed the supportive Nappa e90 M3 seats compared to the regular rough Dakota e90 seats that were just ok. This seemed to offend people in another thread since they thought I wanted like carbon fiber buckets straight out of a GT3 or something, but really I just want seats that aren't straight out of the m235i. That's all I'll say about seats since I don't want to derail the thread, but that's just my reasoning for why I think seats do really enhance the driving experience, just like the other supposed little things like that sweet chunky M steering wheel
That's a tough call. I'd rather have both haha. If I had to pick, I'd probably go CF roof because the front seats can be changed easily.

If anything, I'm more bitter about not having cloth seats than having M3/4 seats. In terms of support, I didn't think they were that much better although they look cool. The M2 will most likely be a long term car for me, so I do see a set of used BMW Performance seats in its future.

To be honest, I'm just grateful that BMW still makes a car that is the "right" size with a 6MT. That to me is more important than the options list, so I'll definitely take it and run
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2015, 12:29 AM   #149
M3 Adjuster
Banned
Albania
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTHRAR
Based upon the information in the OP, I think we might see a price right at the $50K mark. $49,995 would be great actually, with some options, I'm hoping around the $52K-$53K mark. No adaptive suspension though....I was really hoping for that as it was one of the only options I would have specced other than 19 inch wheels and HK Sound.

Additionally, I looked at an M4 this weekend for the first time in person (dealership was closed on Sunday) and my impression was that the M4 and the 4 series in general seems a lot bigger in person than what I've seen in many pictures. I also had a chance to see a 228i which impressed me way more in person than it does in pictures. I am back in the M2 camp at this point and the limited options do not bother me as I would have ordered a pretty much stripper model M3/4.
Ding ding ding! Perfect M2 buyer !
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2015, 12:29 AM   #150
W///
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by pikcachu View Post
maybe edc is standard ?
Could be. I would have thought that would have been mentioned on the list though
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2015, 12:31 AM   #151
pikcachu
Major General
Rep
Drives: M235i (F22 Red angel)

Quote:
Could be. I would have thought that would have been mentioned on the list though
well if it's standard you would not see it on the option list....
same way you don't see m-sport brakes for the m235

I'm just guessing though
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2015, 12:40 AM   #152
spellbmw
Feuertrunken
United_States
Rep
Drives: MY10 135i 6MT

Pretty limited options. Black interior only. Ugh. Body colors are rather blah, too. Pass. Maybe 2017 options will be better
      07-29-2015, 12:43 AM   #153
M3 Adjuster
Banned
Albania
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by spellbmw
Pretty limited options. Black interior only. Ugh. Body colors are rather blah, too. Pass. Maybe 2017 options will be better
:
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2015, 12:47 AM   #154
Adem1534
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by spellbmw View Post
Good, BMWs strategy is working. People who don't appreciate the car for what it is, and want all the options, will not bite. Some of those people will be inclined to move up to the F80.

Works for me! I want mine ASAP.
Appreciate 1