BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M2 Forum > BMW M2 Competition Model > Coming Back To M2 Comp

03-07-2023, 07:32 PM   #23
M2C911
Registered
Rep
Drives: 328C 2008

New here and as my name implies I am in the market for either a 911 or a M2C coming off a long series of nice cars (440M, RS3, C43) that didn’t give me the steering and connectedness I am looking for and that I had way back when I owned a E90 335i.
For those of you who seem to favor M2C over 992 how do you deal with the relative lack of feedback of the M2C? Would you also pick it over a 997.2 for example?
Interested in other people experience
Thanks
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2023, 09:58 AM   #24
Swish77
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2 Competition '21

Quote:
Originally Posted by M2C911 View Post
New here and as my name implies I am in the market for either a 911 or a M2C coming off a long series of nice cars (440M, RS3, C43) that didn’t give me the steering and connectedness I am looking for and that I had way back when I owned a E90 335i.
For those of you who seem to favor M2C over 992 how do you deal with the relative lack of feedback of the M2C? Would you also pick it over a 997.2 for example?
Thanks
The M2C gives plenty of “feedback,” if you mean that tight, connected feeling to the road. I recently installed the M Performance coilover suspension (and M Performance exhaust), and it makes a big difference in that regard. Tighter and lower, and more connected to the road now, if that makes sense.

Compared to my 2019 911 T, I’d say it’s a much more enjoyable ride. It’s not as harsh a ride compared to the 911, that’s for sure, and still has that great German sports car feel with tons of torque (and more hp than the base 911 engine.)
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2023, 05:50 AM   #25
blackout23
Private
Rep
Drives: 718 Boxster GTS 4.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by M2C911 View Post
Thanks
The 991.2, particularly with the "SPASM" sports PASM option which drops it 10mm lower than the standard PASM adaptive suspension, does not ride particularly great. It's not punishing but it was one of the rare cars that I actively did not use paper coffee cups in. But I still feel that it rode better than the F82 M4 I had (with adaptive suspension) but not as good as my current 718, also with sports PASM. If that helps.

I haven't had much seat time in an M2, but I test drove an M2 CS and felt it was about on par with the 718. My expectations are the M2C would be similar to the M4, which is to say not great. But at least the cup holders are better in the M cars. Porsche cup holders are... special. By special I mean they don't really work- and the "driver's" cup holder places your drink directly above the HVAC controls. This more than anything is probably why I only use sealed drink containers in my P cars.

FWIW the 992 is a little better as it brings a single cup holder to the center console, but it's virtually unusable with the manual...

If steering feel is what you're after you're going to want Porsche, no question. Nobody does electric steering better- although it did take them one generation to figure it out. The 991.1/981 generation is the one to avoid, but 991.2/982 you wouldn't know it was an electric rack if someone didn't tell you.

BMW steering is still better than Audi though. I had an RS5 and loved that car but the steering killed the whole car for me; steering on my wife's Macan is better. I don't care for Mercedes so couldn't help you there.

A 997 will always be the benchmark though. Maybe the Lotus Emira will get you close as it has a hydraulic rack still.
Appreciate 1
Jophy61.50