BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
M2 Technical Topics > S55 Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Bolt-ons / Tuning > OFFICIAL: M2C Exhaust Options MegaThread

03-24-2019, 05:45 PM   #89
KevM2
Captain
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2019 F87 M2C, 2023 G87 M2

Garage List
BMW M2 Competition  [0.00]
  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bee Pee View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by MR. View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karlosm2c View Post
Thanks for this Marc.

Coincidentally I cancelled my Lightweight order in the week and got my deposit back yesterday.
I'm considering a Milltek exhaust, but from what you have said it sounds like Remus is a serious contender.

Karl
Karl, I have had many people asking me for Milltek the last few days. If you are interested, let me know. I digged out all the pricing and I am happy to share them via PM.

I have not heard Milltek yet, so I cannot make any decent comparison with what I know now. For me the Remus and Akrapovic are winners over the Eisenmann and the Lightweight. Eisenmann is just LOUD, immensely LOUD without any decent character, and I did not even hear the Race, but that is mainly because of how the system is build. The valves are after the backbox and on the inner pipes. Of course, the one I heard was a full cat-back.

If I had a choice and I would not go Akrapovic, I would be intrigued by the AA midpipe and Remus (race) (carbon tailpipes) combination. Milltek has never been my initial choice, but from a price point of view you get a lot for a lower price tag than Remus. Therefore definitely consider it. I can get you a AA midpipe in Europe and within the UK.

I have still not heard the AA midpipe. No time and some delays, and I missed that opportunity for now. I am still destined to hear it since you guys are talking so highly about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevM2 View Post
That's interesting because based on sound in videos, i was leaning towards an Eisenmann. What's your opinion on Active Autowerkes?
I have not heard it live. BAN_M2C's video was quite good and gave a good indication on how it sounds. Quite a different sound track to mine now with the catless set up. All in all for a money point of view a wonderful choice if you are in the market, sound wise hard to compare, but it feels like my set up is more raspy and the sound is "thinner" in higher revs than BAN's set up. In the end, both our setups are absolute mayhem.

Compare both videos and you have an idea. Of course, the different microphones play a part in how it sounds in real life, but at least it gives you some idea. I still need to make a final edit and combine our clips into one video.

MR
Out of both YT clips IMO - Decat and AA CBE mashed Akra on sound/tone and price/VFM - no brainer for non OPF car owners.

OPF aftermarket is more of challenge....I'd like to hear eisenman race rear pipes with oem OPF midpipe and HFC DP's
Agree! AA system is the best one for non OPF... just have to wait for the DINAN one with their x pipe coming out this fall... also the MPE combined with the AA midpipe might be a good option
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2019, 06:22 PM   #90
MR.
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 CSL Turbomeister

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevM2 View Post
Agree! AA system is the best one for non OPF... just have to wait for the DINAN one with their x pipe coming out this fall... also the MPE combined with the AA midpipe might be a good option
I cannot determine if that is a good option. I have not heard the MPE yet nor the AA midpipe.

AA best for non-OPF? I first want to hear it before making those kind of statements. In the end, AA would then be best for OPF and non-OPF. It replaces the mid pipe so there is no difference between OPF and non-OPF anymore.

From a back box only point of view my money is on Akrapovic and Remus for now, as it was with the OG M2, but I would love to hear more systems over the coming months because there are so many out there, the choice is immense.

So far Dinan and AA (only midpipe) have not landed in Europe yet. For us it is Eisenmann, Lightweight, Remus, Akrapovic and Milltek for now... Of course, there are more, but these are the ones that pop up the most.

MR

Last edited by MR.; 03-24-2019 at 06:32 PM..
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2019, 06:30 PM   #91
MR.
Colonel
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bee Pee View Post
Out of both YT clips IMO - Decat and AA CBE mashed Akra on sound/tone and price/VFM - no brainer for non OPF car owners.

OPF aftermarket is more of challenge....I'd like to hear eisenman race rear pipes with oem OPF midpipe and HFC DP's
On your first point -> NON OPF = OPF owners... Same thing for either. Cars are the same when you remove OPFs.

HFC DP's is an interesting upgrade, but I am worried all bells and whistles will go off in the ECU when you change the flow with different down pipes. Also you remove the back pressure sensors used as a safety net for the OPFs and which are on the stock down pipes.

Better not to keep those OPFs, remove them. Without their monitoring system and with different down pipes it is a recipe for disaster, I think. Just get the DP's and fit a decent linkpipe without the OPFs. Those DP's might well be the sweet spot in between catless and stock.

Knowing how loud the normal Eisenmann is... I cannot believe how loud the race will be. Oh my...

MR
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2019, 05:27 AM   #92
Big Fabri
Second Lieutenant
Italy
Rep
Drives: Lamborghini Huracan

Teaser
Attached Images

03-26-2019, 07:24 AM   #93
StavsM2C
CSOUSAX603
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 F82 M2C SO DCT+EP

Garage List
2003 BMW M5  [0.00]
2019 BMW M2  [0.00]
2017 BMW X3  [0.00]
Quote:
Yes there are valves on that one. Either side of the tiny muffler you see a bracket for the valve controllers.

MR
On their page it states no valve control on the RACE version
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2019, 07:25 AM   #94
StavsM2C
CSOUSAX603
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2003 BMW M5  [0.00]
2019 BMW M2  [0.00]
2017 BMW X3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by cntzl View Post
I actually really like this one I wonder how we can get this in the US.
You have to find your local MilTek dealer. There are a few here around me, I spoke with them lastw eek about this exhaust system when deciding on this or armytrix
Appreciate 1
M-Pilot4859.00
      03-26-2019, 07:28 AM   #95
StavsM2C
CSOUSAX603
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2003 BMW M5  [0.00]
2019 BMW M2  [0.00]
2017 BMW X3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juicehead View Post
Does anyone know a milltek vendor on the boards who sells in the US?
ZaksAuto here in NH....

https://zaksauto.com/
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2019, 07:55 AM   #96
Dav3
Major
Rep
Drives: G87 M2/E89 35is/F21 M140i/GT4

Towards the end of the video, another Miltek exhaust clip

Appreciate 0
      03-26-2019, 10:21 AM   #97
StavsM2C
CSOUSAX603
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2003 BMW M5  [0.00]
2019 BMW M2  [0.00]
2017 BMW X3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by FiatMultiplaAkrapovic View Post

This video did not make this exhaust stand out what so ever...pretty much just killed the Milltek setup IMHO...new video is needed asap lol
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2019, 10:35 AM   #98
Dav3
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by StavsM2C View Post
This video did not make this exhaust stand out what so ever...pretty much just killed the Milltek setup IMHO...new video is needed asap lol
Between the music and the terrible recording, I have to agree with you. New video is needed.

Feel bad for posting this now haha
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2019, 11:48 AM   #99
Karlosm2c
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M2 Competition

I spoke with Iain Litchfield at Litchfield earlier and he said they are about to start working with the company in the UK that manufactures the M Performance exhausts. Litchfield are going to start working with them to create an OPF delete pipe (middle section) from the downpipes to the muffler, keeping primary cats in the downpipes and keeping silencers. He said they are seeking to achieve an improvement in nose without it being too excessive, but allowing people to remove OPFs when they Stage 1 map their car. This is what I will be doing now: getting rid of the OPFs, mapping the car to circa 530-540bhp and getting a better exhaust note without spending silly money on an exhaust. Of course, I will look to paint my muffler black in the process
      03-26-2019, 07:00 PM   #100
MR.
Colonel
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
I spoke with Iain Litchfield at Litchfield earlier and he said they are about to start working with the company in the UK that manufactures the M Performance exhausts.

Litchfield are going to start working with them to create an OPF delete pipe (middle section) from the downpipes to the muffler, keeping primary cats in the downpipes and keeping silencers.

He said they are seeking to achieve an improvement in nose without it being too excessive, but allowing people to remove OPFs when they Stage 1 map their car.

This is what I will be doing now: getting rid of the OPFs, mapping the car to circa 530-540bhp and getting a better exhaust note without spending silly money on an exhaust. Of course, I will look to paint my muffler black in the process
Tell Iain to buy the AA midpipe. It is not really expensive. The solution is already there in the market, why reinvent the wheel if it already exists

MR
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2019, 10:49 PM   #101
nesnah
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 1M, M2C

Quote:

Agree need a proper video. Would be interested to hear the difference between the 'race' and 'sport' variants other than the description saying 'louder' for race.

Last edited by nesnah; 03-26-2019 at 11:09 PM..
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2019, 02:50 AM   #102
Karlosm2c
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
I spoke with Iain Litchfield at Litchfield earlier and he said they are about to start working with the company in the UK that manufactures the M Performance exhausts.

Litchfield are going to start working with them to create an OPF delete pipe (middle section) from the downpipes to the muffler, keeping primary cats in the downpipes and keeping silencers.

He said they are seeking to achieve an improvement in nose without it being too excessive, but allowing people to remove OPFs when they Stage 1 map their car.

This is what I will be doing now: getting rid of the OPFs, mapping the car to circa 530-540bhp and getting a better exhaust note without spending silly money on an exhaust. Of course, I will look to paint my muffler black in the process
Tell Iain to buy the AA midpipe. It is not really expensive. The solution is already there in the market, why reinvent the wheel if it already exists

MR
Marc,

Is the AA midpipe available in the UK or do we have to import it ourselves?

Plus, I'm quite happy for Litchfield to reinvent the wheel for me and others who need a part like this. Let's see what the price comes out at.
      03-27-2019, 02:51 AM   #103
Dav3
Major
Rep

Quote:
Marc,

There's a guy in Scotland but also PureTurbo in Belgium should have it
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2019, 02:53 AM   #104
Karlosm2c
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Marc,

ML Performance in Surrey appear to sell AA products too.
      03-27-2019, 08:31 AM   #105
Karlosm2c
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
I couldn't wait for Litchfield and Thomas Watson from Automotive Passion in Scotland got in touch after seeing me comment on someone else's AA mid pipe on a Facebook group. I've just bought his last AA mid pipe
      03-27-2019, 10:19 AM   #106
Dav3
Major
Rep

Quote:
I couldn't wait for Litchfield and Thomas Watson from Automotive Passion in Scotland got in touch after seeing me comment on someone else's AA mid pipe on a Facebook group. I've just bought his last AA mid pipe
I think you made the best choice possible

Probably not like for like but if anything similar, it's the best sound you can get on this engine

I ended up pulling the trigger on the EC Remus instead. It's not as good as I'd like it to be but an improvement nonetheless.

Unfortunately I'm not that comfortable with voiding warranty this soon haha. Hopefully something is released on the market that doesn't involve ECU flash for OPF bypass!
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2019, 10:23 AM   #107
Karlosm2c
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
I think you made the best choice possible

Probably not like for like but if anything similar, it's the best sound you can get on this engine

I ended up pulling the trigger on the EC Remus instead. It's not as good as I'd like it to be but an improvement nonetheless.

Unfortunately I'm not that comfortable with voiding warranty this soon haha. Hopefully something is released on the market that doesn't involve ECU flash for OPF bypass!
Thanks, it's not perfect but it sounds a lot better than standard and saves me spending £2-3k on a full exhaust.

As for the warranty, I've gotten past worrying about that now. This is a project car and it will always cost me money regardless.
      03-27-2019, 11:01 AM   #108
M2C_PLUS
Major
Rep
Drives: BMW 1M

Garage List
2020 BMW M2 Comp  [0.00]
2020 BMW X3M Comp  [0.00]
2011 BMW 1M  [0.00]
Quote:
Quote:

MR
£1000 for a bit of stainless steel pipe? 🤣🤣🤣 behave Marc :
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2019, 06:37 PM   #109
MR.
Colonel
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Thomas is top! Great, nicely done.

MR
Appreciate 1
Karlosm2c290.50
      03-27-2019, 06:38 PM   #110
MR.
Colonel
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatWhiteM2 View Post
£1000 for a bit of stainless steel pipe? 🤣🤣🤣 behave Marc :
Yep That is what these things from the U.S. cost when they arrive in Europe :P Maybe if they made it 2K, even then people would pay for it.

MR
Appreciate 0