BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
M2 Technical Topics > N55 Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Bolt-ons / Tuning > Dinan exhaust fitment question

05-23-2018, 09:50 PM   #23
xdarwin13
Private
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Also have been disappointed with mine and had some minor adjustments made, but still feel it's a bit off...

Name:  IMG_7297.jpg
Views: 1180
Size:  190.9 KB

Name:  IMG_7300.jpg
Views: 899
Size:  160.8 KB
Appreciate 1
      05-24-2018, 10:08 AM   #24
Happy Motoring
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: OG M2

Garage List
2017 BMW M2  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by xdarwin13 View Post
Also have been disappointed with mine and had some minor adjustments made, but still feel it's a bit off...
Yours looks quite good. I think it's the angles that are making mine look worse than it seems. I'll upload some more with better angles.
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2018, 09:16 PM   #25
CosmosMpower
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: F87c, GT3, MK7 GTI

Quote:
Originally Posted by xdarwin13 View Post

Attachment 1829765

Attachment 1829766
Did you use aftermarket hangars or modify the stock ones?
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2018, 09:10 PM   #26
Bazgab
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 BMW M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by KPT2 View Post
We have this same issue on the m235s also. Fixed with shorter exhaust hangers

http://www.2addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1485439
Thanks for the link. Both the Dinan and FI exhausts I have had on the car seem to sit a little low. The entrance/exit to my work parking lot is not friendly to the underside of exhaust tips, especially now that I am slightly lower on some Ohlins coilovers.

The FI tips don't seem to hang as low as the Dinan (which are especially bad) but they are also larger in diameter so it is effectively the same thing.
      07-19-2018, 04:43 PM   #27
Jcon157
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: '18 M2, '15 M235, '16 X3

Garage List
'18 M2  [0.00]
'16 X3 xDrive35i  [0.00]
'08 335 (Retired)  [0.00]
'15 M235  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy Motoring View Post
Just had the Dinan exhaust and resonator delete installed for about a week and am loving it. One thing that I always keep focusing on is the fitment. I had it installed by a local shop and they had it on the lift for me to inspect. I suspect they were a bit worried about fitment as well since it looks a bit off. To me, it looks to be a little low but they assured me this is how Dinan intended. I'm hoping somebody who has this exhaust can offer their input or better yet show me their fitment.

The shop mentioned if I wanted it to sit higher, they would have to weld new brackets on the muffler which I do not want.
Here's mine. It sits lower than the M Perf Exhaust on my M235 but still looks ok to me

It sounds great but as I posted in another thread, my exhaust valve appears to be permanently stuck open. Dinan says the flap not closing is a known issue with M2/M3/M4 models and has to do with the cars and not their exhaust. I got some good advice on things to check with the install but after double-checking, everything looks good. I'm thinking of adding FS Sport Cat but if the flap won't close, I imagine it will be pretty damn loud .
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      06-04-2020, 04:36 PM   #28
StarMan
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 17' M2

Bringing this one back from the dead. (My set up is the Dinan Muffler with Dinan resonator Delete and Akrapovic "replica-style" CF rear diffuser). No matter what I did (even using motorcycle lift on muffler), I could not get the muffler to set higher either.

At first, it hanging low didn't bother me, until I was next to another M2 that had MPE.

Instead of messing with the Dinan muffler, I decided to modify the OE brackets to bring the mounting point higher a little bit. (I figured worst case, i can always buy a replacement bracket $35 or so each). Worked out great!, I made sure the entire exhaust system was not touching anything due to me moving it up (gave it a good wiggle and nothing touched )

Everything worked out GREAT! No rattling\touching anything on the car nor diffuser. The top of the Tips were originally 35mm-37mm away from bumper, now they sit 16-18mm away. Close, but not close enough to touch. Will keep an eye on the diffuser regarding the heat, but after a good hour ride, I didn't find the tips hot enough to cause any damage at the a little over half an inch away from the diffuser.

BEFORE

AFTER

Last edited by StarMan; 06-04-2020 at 04:42 PM..
Appreciate 3
      06-04-2020, 04:56 PM   #29
VisualEcho
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: '18 M2 6MT

Garage List
2018 BMW M2  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by starvmarv View Post
Everything worked out GREAT! No rattling\touching anything on the car nor diffuser. The top of the Tips were originally 35mm-37mm away from bumper, now they sit 16-18mm away. Close, but not close enough to touch. Will keep an eye on the diffuser regarding the heat, but after a good hour ride, I didn't find the tips hot enough to cause any damage at the a little over half an inch away from the diffuser.
Dude, that's perfect.
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2022, 03:20 PM   #30
M2C_Aaron
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW M2 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarMan View Post
Bringing this one back from the dead. (My set up is the Dinan Muffler with Dinan resonator Delete and Akrapovic "replica-style" CF rear diffuser). No matter what I did (even using motorcycle lift on muffler), I could not get the muffler to set higher either.

At first, it hanging low didn't bother me, until I was next to another M2 that had MPE.

Instead of messing with the Dinan muffler, I decided to modify the OE brackets to bring the mounting point higher a little bit. (I figured worst case, i can always buy a replacement bracket $35 or so each). Worked out great!, I made sure the entire exhaust system was not touching anything due to me moving it up (gave it a good wiggle and nothing touched )

BEFORE

AFTER

Do you by any chance remember what part number that is? I'm having the same issue with the Valvetronic exhaust on my M2 Comp and was thinking about trying your fix. It might be different since I have an M2 comp but I wanted to double check and confirm. Here's a link to a post I made about it if you want to see more info on it, https://f87.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1890081.
Appreciate 0