BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
M2 Technical Topics > N55 Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Bolt-ons / Tuning > Mpe back to stock exhaust

07-02-2022, 11:06 AM   #1
M2 Ziggy
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW M2

Garage List
2017 BMW M2  [0.00]
Mpe back to stock exhaust

Hi has anyone changed from mpe back to stock system.

I understand the standard exhaust valves are vacuum operated opening and closing depending on load driving mode etc.

Is this control system removed when fitting mpe how difficult would reverting back be.

I ask because I have a Wagner 300 cell downpipe which damaged the o2 sensor due to strain on cable and an mpe which now has a lovely rattle from the silencer.

I'm wanting to fit a stock system and catless downpipe as it will sound similar and actually give a power gain.

Pretty disappointed with the Wagner downpipe and mpe considering the cost of both items
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2022, 01:08 PM   #2
TheHaze
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '18 M2

The stock exhaust valve is electrical. I don't have any experience with the MPE and what you need to remove for it, but if you buy a stock exhaust with the valve actuator it should be as simple as plugging it back in under the car.
Appreciate 0
      07-03-2022, 02:24 AM   #3
M2 Ziggy
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW M2

Garage List
2017 BMW M2  [0.00]
Thanks shouldn't be to hard then I thought they were vacuum operated must be thinking of a different car
Appreciate 0
      07-04-2022, 04:54 PM   #4
samsamdar
Captain
No_Country
Rep
Drives: OG M2

Garage List
2018 BMW M2  [6.67]
Stock exhaust uses an electronic valve but it only has one whereas the MPE has 2. You would not be able to use the MPE valve controller with the stock exhaust (it is not compatible). The stock valve actuator plugs into the car (there is an oem cable that is tucked behind the heat shield whenever the MPE is installed) and is controlled by the drive mode switch (comfort, sport, sport+) or by throttle input. There is no manual control of the stock exhaust's valve unless you get an aftermarket valve controller.