BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
M2 Technical Topics > N55 Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Bolt-ons / Tuning > Noelle Performance Programming is now available For Your F87 M2 N55 at HP Autosport

11-09-2019, 03:32 PM   #1
HP Autosport
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: F80 M3
Location: Santa Barbara, AP, Brembo, GIAC, Koni, Ohlins, Performance Friction, www.hpautosport.com

Noelle Performance Programming is now available For Your F87 M2 N55 at HP Autosport

Noelle's High-Performance Software was developed in Germany over the past 3 years by Noelle and their partners in Germany and has been officially released for the US Market. Noelle's competitors can only offer Tuning Boxes also known as piggy backs for all new BMW’s. These tuning boxes falsify information that is being sent to the engine control unit and can cause running issues, false check engine lights and an array of other issues. Noelle's software replaces the operating system in the engine control unit and functions exactly like the factory software, eliminating all of the problems associated with tuning boxes.

Noelle Performance programming is only available at select programming facilities installed by independent BMW professionals.

Another benefit of Noelle's software is the modification/removal of the top speed limiter allowing you to experience the full potential of your BMW* as well as maintain your factory BMW warranty.

*Noelle Performance recommends following all posted speed limits on public roads! Top speed driving should ONLY be done on race tracks and only by experienced drivers with the proper training.

N55B3OTO Engine

370 Stock HP

440 Tuned HP

443 Tuned Torque
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2019, 02:31 AM   #2
5.M0NSTER
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 Camaro SS 1LE

Thank you for sharing. I have a few questions.

Is pricing available?
What supporting mods are required (larger ic, other cooling upgrades etc.)
Was testing on race tracks conducted?
I assume the ECU has to either be removed and shipped for tuning, or you have to bring the car, right? Or can the ECU be tuned by the end user with a hand held OBD tuner?
What is the maximum boost level?
Is upgrading the turbine required for endurance?

Thanks!

Last edited by 5.M0NSTER; 11-13-2019 at 02:38 AM..
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2019, 03:30 AM   #3
srmast1
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 6mt AW m2

Garage List
2008 Audi A4  [0.00]
2019 Acura MDX SH-AWD  [0.00]
2011 e90 M3  [0.00]
As far as I am aware, if you or anybody else removes your top speed limiter, your engine warranties are in fact voided. I specifically asked my BMW SA this question. User beware! And, BMW can see engine tunes and will negate your engine warranty if they see those as well. They might even void your factory transmission warranty. And I am almost positive this particular tune will void your factory engine warranty at the very least. Just be very careful with this, you could find yourself with no factory warranty very quickly.
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2019, 10:12 AM   #4
hz101
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 M3C

Yeah my local BMW SA said that if BMW sees higher boost levels than stock then they can flag your VIN for voiding the warranty.
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2019, 11:23 AM   #5
Happy Motoring
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: OG M2

Garage List
2017 BMW M2  [10.00]
Will the SA tell you before he flags your car?
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2019, 11:50 AM   #6
hz101
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy Motoring View Post
Will the SA tell you before he flags your car?
He said if there is a warranty claim and BMW NA sees higher boost levels in their investigation, then the VIN will be automatically flagged.
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2019, 01:31 PM   #7
HP Autosport
United_States
Rep

Location: Santa Barbara, AP, Brembo, GIAC, Koni, Ohlins, Performance Friction, www.hpautosport.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by hz101 View Post
Yeah my local BMW SA said that if BMW sees higher boost levels than stock then they can flag your VIN for voiding the warranty.
Here is the full Noelle Performance Tuning warranty statement:

https://www.noelleperformance.com/wp...-Statement.pdf
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2019, 02:03 PM   #8
HP Autosport
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5.M0NSTER View Post

Is pricing available?
I assume the ECU has to either be removed and shipped for tuning, or you have to bring the car, right? Or can the ECU be tuned by the end user with a hand held OBD tuner?

Thanks!
No, you do not have to have any hardware upgrades. Noelle's programming was developed with OEM hardware.

The programming is done on a dyno with matching programming for the trans, diff, and ABS/DSC.

Noelle Performance Programming can only be performed at its authorized dealers with your vehicle present.

The boost level settings are confidential and not disclosed by Noelle.

No, you do not have to upgrade the turbo for this programming.
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2019, 02:09 PM   #9
hz101
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by HP Autosport View Post
Here is the full Noelle Performance Tuning warranty statement:

https://www.noelleperformance.com/wp...-Statement.pdf
Thanks!

It is good to know that if something breaks because of the tune, it is covered by the tuner's warranty. However, according to the SA I spoke with, any evidence of a tune and higher boost levels, etc. discovered by BMW can void your factory warranty for the future. So even if the tuner can cover the damages related to the tune, your remaining factory warranty for everything else could be voided. I think only a small percentage of people have to deal with issues if the tune is decent, but just wanted to point out that there are risks involved, even if the tuner offers its own warranty.

Also, it is interesting that they want us to change the oil and filter every 5k miles on a tuned car. That will increase the cost of living with the car.
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2019, 02:22 PM   #10
VisualEcho
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: '18 M2 6MT

Garage List
2018 BMW M2  [10.00]
Quote:
My SA told me that if the problem can be traced back to the modification I did, then they will not cover the repairs. However, if the problem can't be traced back to the mods, then they will cover them no problem. So it's not the modifications that void the warranty, it's the issues coming from the modifications.

Of course, depending on the dealer/SA/DM, they could trace anything back to anything. It's one of the reasons I'm waiting until my factory warranty runs out before I modify the car.
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2019, 03:03 PM   #11
HP Autosport
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by VisualEcho View Post
My SA told me that if the problem can be traced back to the modification I did, then they will not cover the repairs. However, if the problem can't be traced back to the mods, then they will cover them no problem. So it's not the modifications that void the warranty, it's the issues coming from the modifications.

Of course, depending on the dealer/SA/DM, they could trace anything back to anything. It's one of the reasons I'm waiting until my factory warranty runs out before I modify the car.
If you have the Noelle Programming, you are covered even if your BMW warranty doesn't.
Appreciate 1
VisualEcho6625.50
      11-14-2019, 01:55 AM   #12
srmast1
Captain
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2008 Audi A4  [0.00]
2011 e90 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
If you have the Noelle Programming, you are covered even if your BMW warranty doesn't.
Sure, but what if BMW negated your warranty for these mods/tune, and you need to use your factory warranty to cover something unrelated to the tune? Will Noelle programming make up for the factory warranty that was negated by BMW and cover the unrelated (to the tune) repairs? Effectively making up for the negated warranty in its entirety?
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2019, 02:54 AM   #13
Bee Pee
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: AW M2 DCT

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5.M0NSTER View Post

Is pricing available?

Thanks!
No, you do not have to have any hardware upgrades. Noelle's programming was developed with OEM hardware.

The programming is done on a dyno with matching programming for the trans, diff, and ABS/DSC.

Noelle Performance Programming can only be performed at its authorized dealers with your vehicle present.

Any approved dealers in UK ?
      11-14-2019, 08:16 AM   #14
cecaa850
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by srmast1 View Post
Sure, but what if BMW negated your warranty for these mods/tune, and you need to use your factory warranty to cover something unrelated to the tune? Will Noelle programming make up for the factory warranty that was negated by BMW and cover the unrelated (to the tune) repairs? Effectively making up for the negated warranty in its entirety?
They won't void the warranty on the entire car. If your window motor goes out any your car has a tune, they'll still fix your window motor.
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2019, 08:21 AM   #15
hz101
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by cecaa850 View Post
They won't void the warranty on the entire car. If your window motor goes out any your car has a tune, they'll still fix your window motor.
That's not what the SA told me. They can't void a little portion of the warranty. That would just make it a nightmare to determine what to cover/what not to cover.
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2019, 09:09 AM   #16
cecaa850
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
That's not what the SA told me. They can't void a little portion of the warranty. That would just make it a nightmare to determine what to cover/what not to cover.
They're different than most manufacturers then. The automobile franchise (non BMW) that I work for will restrict certain areas of the vehicle. They'll restrict labor ops for certain parts of the vehicle like driveline, engine electrical etc. the only time they'll restrict the entire vehicle if if it's an insurance total. When you write a vehicle up and pull the warranty report it will show if any part of the vehicle is restricted. It's pretty easy actually.
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2019, 09:24 AM   #17
srmast1
Captain
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2008 Audi A4  [0.00]
2011 e90 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by cecaa850 View Post
No I know that, what I meant is like if it was an engine issue unrelated to the tune. Or a transmission issue suspected to be related to the tune? What then? It seems unlikely that BMW would give us a partial engine warranty to cover engine issues unrelated to the tune OR that they would cover a non engine part (transmission) potentially damaged by the tune. One way or the other, it seems that if you have an engine tune and BMW sees it (and they more than likely will if they diagnose it), some or all of your engine/driveline/drivetrain warranty will be voided and nothing good will come of that.

Last edited by srmast1; 11-14-2019 at 09:30 AM..
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2019, 09:57 AM   #18
cecaa850
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
No I know that, what I meant is like if it was an engine issue unrelated to the tune. Or a transmission issue suspected to be related to the tune? What then? It seems unlikely that BMW would give us a partial engine warranty to cover engine issues unrelated to the tune OR that they would cover a non engine part (transmission) potentially damaged by the tune. One way or the other, it seems that if you have an engine tune and BMW sees it (and they more than likely will if they diagnose it), some or all of your engine/driveline/drivetrain warranty will be voided and nothing good will come of that.
Yes, the tune can very well void the warranty on the entire drive train from the engine to the rear axles and everything in between.
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2019, 12:50 PM   #19
HP Autosport
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bee Pee View Post
Any approved dealers in UK ?
No, no dealer in the UK right now.

Please contact Noelle directly for more info. on European dealers.
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2019, 12:53 PM   #20
HP Autosport
United_States
Rep

Quote:
The failure would have to be caused by the programming for BMW to void your warranty. Noelle's warranty will then take over if BMW declines any repairs.
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2019, 02:23 PM   #21
5.M0NSTER
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 Camaro SS 1LE

Quote:

Good stuff, thanks for answering the questions. Do they recommend a IC upgrade with the tune? I'm a bit surprised if they don't to be honest given AIT issues a lot of tuners and larger turbo owners have.
2018 Camaro SS 1LE. Because race car!

"Redline a day keeps the mechanics away"
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2019, 02:37 PM   #22
cecaa850
Captain
United_States
Rep

$1700.00????
Appreciate 0