BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
M2 Technical Topics > N55 Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Bolt-ons / Tuning > HELP! Valve train noise

07-02-2023, 10:10 AM   #1
M2guru
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2

Garage List
2018 BMW M2  [10.00]
HELP! Valve train noise

I was hoping to leave for a day at the track tomorrow morning, but am just now getting this noise. I know the first reaction is the say belts or pulleys, but after having three people listen to it, it's not coming from the front/belt side but more in the middle. I open the oil cap to see if it's PCV related but it doesn't impact the noise at all whether the oil cap is not sealed (lifted high enough to let air flow but not enough to splatter all over) or sealed (tight where it should be).

I have the Dorch Stage 1 HPFP that seems to be in the area the noise is coming from. Would that cause this noise?

Thanks for any help!

Appreciate 0
      07-02-2023, 10:53 AM   #2
M2guru
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2

Garage List
2018 BMW M2  [10.00]
**SOLVED** - After doing a bit more research and emailing the Dorch team (I cannot say enough good things about them - I am going to be buying everything I can from them going forward!), the noise is related to the tune and the pressure of the rails. After re-tuning with BM3 all is well again!
Appreciate 0