BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
M2 Technical Topics > N55 Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Bolt-ons / Tuning > Blew my turbo on ots??

02-21-2024, 04:31 AM   #23
M2guru
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2

Garage List
2018 BMW M2  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawqi90210 View Post
This helped a lot!!! I wanted to know how to flush the oil. I will for sure do the same process.

I was wondering for the oil I just use to flush do I really need to use my regular oil I use or can I just get cheap oil to flush the system but drive on my normal oil that I use for the car ?
I was just guessing about how to flush it - I couldn't find any good resources anywhere, so I did my best to think it through. I hope it's helpful for our engines!

I bought cheap amazon oil of the same weight for the flushes. The oil that I am using for actual initial start up and for the first hundred miles or so is my normal stuff.
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2024, 09:28 AM   #24
designatedposter
Captain
Rep
Drives: m235i

are you attributing injector failures to contaminants in pump e85?
is this filter more effective than the built in fuel filter of our vehicle? is this meant to replace the stock fuel filter?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThreeStripes View Post
If you’re not running a fuel filter, and running E85 blends, injectors foul from the contaminants and eventually fail which can f@ck stuff up real bad from lean events.

My money is on that’s what happened here. Bolt that P750 on, get a bend calibration flex fuel kit with the Bosch filter, and have them custom tune it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by samsamdar View Post
I had my DS25 HPFP and a couple injectors fail not long after running E85 without the bend filter kit (maybe 6-7 tanks worth of full E). I got lucky that I wasn't pushing the car hard when my HPFP and injectors failed and I turned the car off immediately. Highly reccommend you get the Bend filter and lower the E content unless you have an upgraded HPFP AND LPFP.
      02-23-2024, 09:31 AM   #25
ThreeStripes
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: X3M

https://www.bendcalibration.com/shop/p/f8x-ultimate
Appreciate 0