BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
M2 Technical Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance (Wash/Wax/Detailing/Exterior Restoration & Repairs) > Recommendations for cleaning interior?

07-19-2022, 01:38 PM   #1
Night Owl
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2 Comp

Recommendations for cleaning interior?

Does anyone have any good recommends on what they use to detail there interiors? I want to avoid streaks and that wet look.

Thanks!
      07-19-2022, 09:59 PM   #2
F87source
Major General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Bmw M2

I use autoglym leather conditioner, it smells exactly like new bmw leather and leaves no greasiness.
      07-20-2022, 01:18 PM   #3
M Fifty
Banned
Rep
Drives: M2 & 330CI

As previously mentioned in multiple threads: Babywipes.

Lint free, unscented, Ph Neutral, and a mild detergent action that can still deal with the outputs of the biological WMDs that are young children. So, it will cope with anything you might have split on the interior.

Cheap as too...

Oh, and hypoallergenic.

Edit: Multi-surface too, if that wasn't already obvious from the reference to young children.

Last edited by M Fifty; 07-20-2022 at 01:25 PM.. Reason: I think we can all agree on this last point.
Appreciate 3
GjXray111.50
west184.00
      07-20-2022, 04:36 PM   #4
Night Owl
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2 Comp

Baby wipes, genius! Thanks guys, I will pick up both and give it ago.
      07-20-2022, 04:40 PM   #5
allinon72
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 20' M2C, 23' X1

I simply use interior CLEANER, nothing else. I currently use P+S Interior Cleaner but I also like Adam's Interior Cleaner. No interior detail spray, no leather conditioners, balms, or anything like that. My philosophy is to keep things clean and that's it...especially with leather. Keep it clean and free of dirt/oil from skin and it will look like new. I hate shiny leather, it's an indication that the leather pores are dirty. I wipe my steering wheel and seats down every few months with interior cleaner and leave it at that. People go way way overboard with products that only clog up the leather.
Appreciate 1
      07-21-2022, 07:21 AM   #6
Track/S
Major
Rep
Drives: M2C, M4 GTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Night Owl View Post
Does anyone have any good recommends on what they use to detail there interiors? I want to avoid streaks and that wet look.

Thanks!
CarPro inside.

Quote:
Originally Posted by allinon72 View Post
I simply use interior CLEANER, nothing else. I currently use P+S Interior Cleaner but I also like Adam's Interior Cleaner. No interior detail spray, no leather conditioners, balms, or anything like that. My philosophy is to keep things clean and that's it...especially with leather. Keep it clean and free of dirt/oil from skin and it will look like new. I hate shiny leather, it's an indication that the leather pores are dirty. I wipe my steering wheel and seats down every few months with interior cleaner and leave it at that. People go way way overboard with products that only clog up the leather.
The plastics, rubber and leather need hydration, the right products do not leave residues.
Appreciate 1
chris7197334.00
      07-21-2022, 10:50 AM   #7
chris719
Major General
Rep
Drives: '08 M Roadster

Quote:
Originally Posted by allinon72 View Post
This leather is coated anyway. It barely has pores to clog. It gets shiny from friction, mainly. Still, I agree that with leather this highly processed there’s no real need for conditioner etc.
Appreciate 1
      11-16-2022, 04:34 PM   #8
west1
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 M2 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by F87source View Post
I use autoglym leather conditioner, it smells exactly like new bmw leather and leaves no greasiness.
in your experience, how long does the conditioned leather smell last after application and drying? and how many times a year are you applying this to your seats? tyia
Appreciate 0