BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
M2 Technical Topics > Track / Autocross / Dragstrip > anyone swap seats just for the track?

09-21-2019, 04:10 PM   #1
wanofakind01
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '17 BMW M2 6MT, '16 BMW X1

anyone swap seats just for the track?

hey guys, looking at different options right now and wondering what has worked for people. stock seats have me sliding all over the place, even with adjusting the bolstering. im awkwardkly shaped so the bolstering doesnt hold me in the way id like (chest is a 44, 33 waist).

any seat recommendations for the track? looking at just using 3pt belts for now with recaro sportsters or with the pole position ABEs. ive heard the m3/m4 seats dont help much in this department. m2 is not my daily.
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2019, 05:08 PM   #2
OG Shark
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Rep

Drives: Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanofakind01 View Post
hey guys, looking at different options right now and wondering what has worked for people. stock seats have me sliding all over the place, even with adjusting the bolstering. im awkwardkly shaped so the bolstering doesnt hold me in the way id like (chest is a 44, 33 waist).

any seat recommendations for the track? looking at just using 3pt belts for now with recaro sportsters or with the pole position ABEs. ive heard the m3/m4 seats dont help much in this department. m2 is not my daily.
If you haven’t seen them before take a look at the Schroth quick fit pro https://www.schrothracing.com/products/quickfit#3317

Not going to match a proper 6pt, race seat, cage setup - but does work really well in the OG M2. Very easy swap back to the 3pt for the street too.
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2019, 05:35 PM   #3
wanofakind01
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by OG Shark View Post
Quote:

If you haven’t seen them before take a look at the Schroth quick fit pro https://www.schrothracing.com/products/quickfit#3317

Not going to match a proper 6pt, race seat, cage setup - but does work really well in the OG M2. Very easy swap back to the 3pt for the street too.
Thanks, I have. I've gone back and forth but decided against the quick fit kit after much debate.
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2019, 05:57 PM   #4
OG Shark
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Rep

Drives: Angry

Quote:
Thanks, I have. I've gone back and forth but decided against the quick fit kit after much debate.
Understandable. Out of curiosity what was it that made you decide against them?

https://f87.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1520675 - might be of interest to you, great write up.
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2019, 06:24 PM   #5
wanofakind01
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by OG Shark View Post
Quote:
Understandable. Out of curiosity what was it that made you decide against them?

https://f87.bimmerpost.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1520675 - might be of interest to you, great write up.
I've read about the submarining factor for the 4 pt system, but the primary factor was whether particular groups allow it and with some passengers/instructor's hesitancy when accompanying. But at the end of the day, the stock seat bolstering is rather uncomfortable for my frame. And modding is fun lol.
Appreciate 0