BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW M2 Forum > Pricing / Ordering / European Delivery / PCD > From ED to US Delivery...

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      07-28-2019, 05:55 AM   #23
bobert
Major
United_States
784
Rep
1,096
Posts

Drives: manual shift cars
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: MD, USA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by somberlaine View Post
Total transit time for me was 32 days.

and it looks like the Morning Cecilie was carrying two identical M2Cs. they were keeping each other company
Damn, that was fast - sweet. Long 48 days for me - most of the delay was waiting for a truck ride from NJ VPC to MD VPC, which all along seemed extremely odd to me (for mine to enter the US in NJ) since I'm a half hour or less from the port in Baltimore.

10/13 - drop off in Munich
10/25 - departed port on ship Tombarra
11/09 - offloaded at port of entry (Jersey City)
11/16 - completed work order at VPC
11/30 - arrived at dealer in MD: re-delivery
__________________
2018 M2: BSM, Exec, 6MT (ED on 10/5/17, re-delivery on 11/30/17) My BSM M2 European Delivery Story
2013 335i M-Sport sedan: BSM, 403M wheels, walnut trim, 6MT (gone)
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2019, 02:50 PM   #24
cpxchewy
Monkey
67
Rep
172
Posts

Drives: 2020 M2C, 2014 320i
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: California

iTrader: (0)

Update: They found the dealer who the car was delivered to. They're gonna try to reroute it to my dealer today/tomorrow.

Let's hope everything works out...
Appreciate 0
      07-30-2019, 09:24 AM   #25
somberlaine
Private First Class
somberlaine's Avatar
United_States
84
Rep
140
Posts

Drives: 2020 M2C (ED 6/6/19)
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: NOVA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpxchewy View Post
Update: They found the dealer who the car was delivered to. They're gonna try to reroute it to my dealer today/tomorrow.

Let's hope everything works out...
so they sent the car to the wrong dealer?
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2019, 08:20 PM   #26
cpxchewy
Monkey
67
Rep
172
Posts

Drives: 2020 M2C, 2014 320i
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: California

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by somberlaine View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpxchewy View Post
Update: They found the dealer who the car was delivered to. They're gonna try to reroute it to my dealer today/tomorrow.

Let's hope everything works out...
so they sent the car to the wrong dealer?
Yup. I picked it up and drove back. Waiting for ppf next week but I'm excited!
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2019, 10:22 PM   #27
bobert
Major
United_States
784
Rep
1,096
Posts

Drives: manual shift cars
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: MD, USA

iTrader: (0)

Holy crap - first I've heard of this! How far away was it from where it was supposed to be? Glad you got it back.
__________________
2018 M2: BSM, Exec, 6MT (ED on 10/5/17, re-delivery on 11/30/17) My BSM M2 European Delivery Story
2013 335i M-Sport sedan: BSM, 403M wheels, walnut trim, 6MT (gone)
Appreciate 0
      08-07-2019, 11:58 AM   #28
Captaincookie
Private
15
Rep
50
Posts

Drives: M2 competition
Join Date: Mar 2019
Location: Virginia

iTrader: (0)

Don't be surprised!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by somberlaine View Post
I know I was quoted 6-8 weeks, but i am curious to hear from East coast folks who did ED in late May/early June, when they are expecting their cars states side.

I will start

I did ED on 6/6/19. I dropped off the car on 6/14/19 at the Munich location. My car got on the Morning Cecilie on 6/24/19. Since it left Bremerhaven, the Morning Cecilie has been making various stops across Europe. Right now, it is in England. I am told it will hit Newark, NJ port on 7/9/19. Assuming all goes well at customs, i am hoping to get the car at the dealership the last week of July....the wait is killing me
I'm hoping my experience is NOT the norm...
Dropped my M2C off at Munich airport June 7th...
Was informed it was actually loaded on a ship July 7th. Expected arrival in Baltimore: July 26th. That was then updated to the 28th. Finally arrived July 30th.
Was told to expect vehicle at dealership about August 6th.
Called today and told vehicle just cleared customs and now goes to VPC.
Should be at dealership next week!!!!
Perfect. I'm out of the country from the 10th -15th. Hopefully If will be there then as I'm home for 2 days then leave again for 11days🙈🙀
Seems things have taken quite a bit longer than expected
Hopefully your experience will be better👍🏻
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2019, 02:06 PM   #29
arciga18
Colonel
arciga18's Avatar
884
Rep
2,259
Posts

Drives: LeMans/ Chestnut E90, RWD
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Chicago

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpxchewy View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by somberlaine View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpxchewy View Post
Update: They found the dealer who the car was delivered to. They're gonna try to reroute it to my dealer today/tomorrow.

Let's hope everything works out...
so they sent the car to the wrong dealer?
Yup. I picked it up and drove back. Waiting for ppf next week but I'm excited!
This is pretty ridiculous for the trucker and receiving dealer.

".......Oh look an extra m2 comp that I don't have allocated / expecting/ wasn't sold to my store.

Yea just leave it. "
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2019, 02:40 PM   #30
DARKMTTR
Private First Class
DARKMTTR's Avatar
Canada
178
Rep
175
Posts

Drives: '20 M2 Competition & '18 X1
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Welp it took 8.5 weeks, but I finally pick her up today! Would have had her at the 8 week mark but it got damaged in transport
__________________
2020 BSM M2 Competition | Blue Stitching | 6MT | Sunroof | ED 06/07/2019[My M2C European Delivery Story!]
---------------------------------------------
2018 GSM BMW X1 M-Sport |
IG: @darkmttr_
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2019, 02:53 PM   #31
somberlaine
Private First Class
somberlaine's Avatar
United_States
84
Rep
140
Posts

Drives: 2020 M2C (ED 6/6/19)
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: NOVA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DARKMTTR View Post
Welp it took 8.5 weeks, but I finally pick her up today! Would have had her at the 8 week mark but it got damaged in transport
Glad you finally got her. It sure did take a while!

did they give you any details about the type of damage?
Appreciate 1
DARKMTTR177.50

      08-20-2019, 09:18 AM   #32
DARKMTTR
Private First Class
DARKMTTR's Avatar
Canada
178
Rep
175
Posts

Drives: '20 M2 Competition & '18 X1
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by somberlaine View Post
Glad you finally got her. It sure did take a while!

did they give you any details about the type of damage?
There was a slight indent on the front lower part of the bumper, but they repaired it well!
Attached Images
 
__________________
2020 BSM M2 Competition | Blue Stitching | 6MT | Sunroof | ED 06/07/2019[My M2C European Delivery Story!]
---------------------------------------------
2018 GSM BMW X1 M-Sport |
IG: @darkmttr_
Appreciate 1
      10-13-2019, 07:00 PM   #33
ROASTM
New Member
United_States
9
Rep
22
Posts

Drives: 2006 BMW M3; 2020 BMW M2C
Join Date: Aug 2019
Location: St. Louis

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DARKMTTR View Post
Welp it took 8.5 weeks, but I finally pick her up today! Would have had her at the 8 week mark but it got damaged in transport
This is my worst nightmare. Did anyone else have any damage during transport, and/or is some sort of damage considered normal during transport??? Visiting family in Phoenix now, and one of my relatives is from Germany - shes been telling me horror stories about the 3 separate times her 1995 318i has made the trip across the Atlantic...

I dropped mine off at the Munich airport BLG drop-off PN October 9th, and hoping Im one of the lucky ones whose gets on a ship sooner than later. There were 2 other M2Cs whose German plates had expired nearly 2 weeks prior... so hoping that means the next truck was coming soon.

You guys think its worth emailing them earlier than the 10 days they seem to quote everyone, including me?
Appreciate 0
      10-14-2019, 12:19 PM   #34
ChrisRoman
Private First Class
32
Rep
161
Posts

Drives: 2020 M2C
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Orlando

iTrader: (5)

I would call the special sales department. They told me which boat, when it would be put on the boat and the estimated day of port arrival. I dropped mine off 9/13 and it is being put on the next Olympian Highway out of Bremerhaven. BMW told me it would be boarded on October 8th but after tracking the boat, it is estimated to return to Bremerhaven today or tomorrow. So it is looking like I will also be on the 8+ week side


Quote:
Originally Posted by ROASTM View Post
This is my worst nightmare. Did anyone else have any damage during transport, and/or is some sort of damage considered normal during transport??? Visiting family in Phoenix now, and one of my relatives is from Germany - shes been telling me horror stories about the 3 separate times her 1995 318i has made the trip across the Atlantic...

I dropped mine off at the Munich airport BLG drop-off PN October 9th, and hoping Im one of the lucky ones whose gets on a ship sooner than later. There were 2 other M2Cs whose German plates had expired nearly 2 weeks prior... so hoping that means the next truck was coming soon.

You guys think its worth emailing them earlier than the 10 days they seem to quote everyone, including me?
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2019, 09:58 AM   #35
ROASTM
New Member
United_States
9
Rep
22
Posts

Drives: 2006 BMW M3; 2020 BMW M2C
Join Date: Aug 2019
Location: St. Louis

iTrader: (0)

Sorry to hi-jack OP's thread, but figured I'd post my ED timeline thus far as well:

10/1 - Picked up car at Welt
10/9 - Dropped off car at Log-In-Out/BLG Logistics at Munich Airport
10/16 - Car scheduled to be put on RCC Europe and scheduled to leave Bremerhaven on this day
10/28 - Current estimated arrival date at Baltimore Port for customs and BMW's VDC

Will edit with updates as they become available.

Anyone else's cars on the RCC Europe for this trip across the Atlantic?
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2019, 11:08 AM   #36
ChrisRoman
Private First Class
32
Rep
161
Posts

Drives: 2020 M2C
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Orlando

iTrader: (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROASTM View Post
Sorry to hi-jack OP's thread, but figured I'd post my ED timeline thus far as well:

10/1 - Picked up car at Welt
10/9 - Dropped off car at Log-In-Out/BLG Logistics at Munich Airport
10/16 - Car scheduled to be put on RCC Europe and scheduled to leave Bremerhaven on this day
10/28 - Current estimated arrival date at Baltimore Port for customs and BMW's VDC

Will edit with updates as they become available.

Anyone else's cars on the RCC Europe for this trip across the Atlantic?

I am so jealous of your estimated timeline. Mine was more like

9/10 - Pick up at Welt
9/13 - Drop off at Zurich drop location
9/17 - Car taken to Bremerhaven
10/7 - Estimated to board the Olympian Highway and depart Bremerhaven
10/16 - Olympian Highway departs Bremerhaven
10/25 - Estimated arrival in Brunswick after 17 days at sea.
11/2 - Most likely when Olympian Highway will make it to Brunswick
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2019, 11:05 AM   #37
thirdM
Registered
United_States
2
Rep
4
Posts

Drives: F87 M2C waiting for ED return
Join Date: May 2019
Location: Central Florida

iTrader: (0)

Send a message via AIM to thirdM Send a message via MSN to thirdM Send a message via Yahoo to thirdM
ED Re-delivery woes

Yes - tracking my M2C's voyage home is probably the most aggravating part of the ED experience.

Dropped off our M2C at the Munich Airport loginout on 9/11. I was told that my car left Bremerhaven on 9/27 on the Victoria Highway and that it would arrive in Brunswick on 10/15. After some online research (sites like vesselfinder.com and marinevesseltracking.com) I was able to determine that the Victoria Highway didn't arrive in Bremerhaven until 10/3 and that it hit an obstruction coming into port! It left the port a few days later after some repair work.

When I questioned the data provided by BMWEuropeanDelivery@bmwna.com I was initially told that there was no mistake. Then after sending proof that the ship in question was not in port on the alleged departure date I received an update showing an 11/20 arrival date and later it was modified to 11/25.

My online tracking shows that the ship should arrive in Brunswick tomorrow!

So I'm hoping to get notification from BMW in the next 10 days to schedule pickup at the Performance Center in SC.

I believe that BMW needs to do a better job of communicating with us owners during the return process. I also think that the shipping companies aren't giving BMW reliable information about the transport.

The BMW ED is a first class experience from the moment you order the car up to the one where you drop it off. Not so much for the last several weeks awaiting re-delivery!
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2019, 07:53 PM   #38
ChrisRoman
Private First Class
32
Rep
161
Posts

Drives: 2020 M2C
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Orlando

iTrader: (5)

What part of Central Florida? and yea BMW told me that my car would leave Bremerhaven 10/8 and arrive in Brunswick 10/25 but I believe that storm that hit the Atlantic delayed all the boats traveling back to Germany From the US as the boat my car was on ended up leaving Bremerhaven on 10/17 with an estimated arrival in Baltimore on 10/30. Hoping to have her at Fields South by 11/10-11/15.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thirdM View Post
Yes - tracking my M2C's voyage home is probably the most aggravating part of the ED experience.

Dropped off our M2C at the Munich Airport loginout on 9/11. I was told that my car left Bremerhaven on 9/27 on the Victoria Highway and that it would arrive in Brunswick on 10/15. After some online research (sites like vesselfinder.com and marinevesseltracking.com) I was able to determine that the Victoria Highway didn't arrive in Bremerhaven until 10/3 and that it hit an obstruction coming into port! It left the port a few days later after some repair work.

When I questioned the data provided by BMWEuropeanDelivery@bmwna.com I was initially told that there was no mistake. Then after sending proof that the ship in question was not in port on the alleged departure date I received an update showing an 11/20 arrival date and later it was modified to 11/25.

My online tracking shows that the ship should arrive in Brunswick tomorrow!

So I'm hoping to get notification from BMW in the next 10 days to schedule pickup at the Performance Center in SC.

I believe that BMW needs to do a better job of communicating with us owners during the return process. I also think that the shipping companies aren't giving BMW reliable information about the transport.

The BMW ED is a first class experience from the moment you order the car up to the one where you drop it off. Not so much for the last several weeks awaiting re-delivery!
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2019, 09:09 AM   #39
somberlaine
Private First Class
somberlaine's Avatar
United_States
84
Rep
140
Posts

Drives: 2020 M2C (ED 6/6/19)
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: NOVA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by thirdM View Post
Yes - tracking my M2C's voyage home is probably the most aggravating part of the ED experience.

I believe that BMW needs to do a better job of communicating with us owners during the return process. I also think that the shipping companies aren't giving BMW reliable information about the transport.

The BMW ED is a first class experience from the moment you order the car up to the one where you drop it off. Not so much for the last several weeks awaiting re-delivery!
Agreed. Loginout is a hit or miss re: the info they provide. The worst part, i think, is when the cars hit US ports. It's a black hole.
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2019, 08:44 AM   #40
thirdM
Registered
United_States
2
Rep
4
Posts

Drives: F87 M2C waiting for ED return
Join Date: May 2019
Location: Central Florida

iTrader: (0)

Send a message via AIM to thirdM Send a message via MSN to thirdM Send a message via Yahoo to thirdM
We live in Pine Ridge - just inland from Crystal River.
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:16 AM.




m2
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST