BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
M2 Technical Topics > Track / Autocross / Dragstrip > First time on track with M2

05-14-2017, 09:03 PM   #45
Wangspeed
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW M2

I didn't even bother trying MDM. Straight to DSC off. Works great. Well, except for the session where I let the tire temps get to 40+. There were some not so good lurid slides as a result. Too bad I wasn't running the GoPro that session.
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2017, 11:52 AM   #46
M2joey
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M2, 335is, X5 M50i

Just attended my first HPDE of the year with BMW NCC at Summit Point, best lap was a 1:27.3. Last session of the weekend, certainly felt like a couple laps might have been better if it were not for traffic. Certainly know I could have gone faster, at the expense of the front tires, but need to make my MPS4Ss last a bit too. Felt amazing, and feeling like I got the car figured out a little bit. Loving this car!

DSC Off from the start all weekend, except when it was raining/very wet. A bit of wear on the outsides of the fronts even with -2.7 on each side. Rear wear was very good with -2.0. Still looking to confirm the US suspension settings, supposedly BMW cannot pull the specs without a car or an M2 on the machine. Currently in a little debate with my shop over what for toe they put in as it was a little higher than what I am seeing posted. I feel a little less toe in the rear from where I am currently (0.26) would make a nice little difference or "be back to stock". Seeing 0.16 to 0.20 for total toe in the rear. As others have said, you really have to drive the M2 like a complete lug head to get way out of shape, even with the DSC off.