BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW M2 Forum > Regional Forums > CANADA > Where do you order parts from?

02-21-2018, 11:14 PM   #1
carloshombre
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2016 M2 - 6MT

Where do you order parts from?

Just recently picked up a 2016 BMW M2 and couldn't be happier! I do however need to buy a few miscellaneous accessories but not sure where to order them from.

Needing/wanting to buy:
All weather mats
Black kidney grills
New license plate frames

Are there any Canadian based websites you guys order from?
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2018, 07:42 AM   #2
tux2005
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2017 M2

I went with:

All Weather Mats - I bought from WeatherTech, I did have BMW ones from a previous 2 series but decided to get WeatherTech for the front since they are better at keeping the carpets clean.

Black Kidney Grills - also had from previous 2 series, ordered them from iND. You'll only need the outer black surround and it is cheaper to buy the grill set for a regular 2 series without the double slats and swap them yourself. iND set just the surrounds or you may be able to buy the full set locally for cheaper.

License Plate Frames - I bought the black M frame from my dealer, when I checked eBay and others the pricing was almost the same. At $50+ it was a rip off anyway, I went with the immediate option.

iND usually isn't cheap, the shipping costs can really drive the price up quickly. You may want to see if any local clubs have discount programs with dealers in your area, here in the Toronto area many of the dealers have 10-20% off for members of different BMW clubs. Two local dealers, Endras and Policaro have recently started up online parts sites but I don't think their pricing is that much more competitive than local pick up.
Appreciate 1
      02-22-2018, 08:27 AM   #3
GregoryK
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: M2 '18

I always buy in the states. Get a temp mailbox or parcel delivery service and drive over the boarder.
There is a BMW app that searches for cheap bnw part#'s
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2018, 10:38 AM   #4
voyagergab
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: G82 M4 6MT, G01/F97 X3M

Thanks very much for some good info!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tux2005 View Post
I went with:

All Weather Mats - I bought from WeatherTech, I did have BMW ones from a previous 2 series but decided to get WeatherTech for the front since they are better at keeping the carpets clean.

Black Kidney Grills - also had from previous 2 series, ordered them from iND. You'll only need the outer black surround and it is cheaper to buy the grill set for a regular 2 series without the double slats and swap them yourself. iND set just the surrounds or you may be able to buy the full set locally for cheaper.

License Plate Frames - I bought the black M frame from my dealer, when I checked eBay and others the pricing was almost the same. At $50+ it was a rip off anyway, I went with the immediate option.

iND usually isn't cheap, the shipping costs can really drive the price up quickly. You may want to see if any local clubs have discount programs with dealers in your area, here in the Toronto area many of the dealers have 10-20% off for members of different BMW clubs. Two local dealers, Endras and Policaro have recently started up online parts sites but I don't think their pricing is that much more competitive than local pick up.
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2018, 11:47 AM   #5
chip_dip19
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2

Maranello BMW with the maxbimmer forum discount. Prices will be either on par or only slightly more than US prices.
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2018, 10:25 PM   #6
carloshombre
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2016 M2 - 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by tux2005 View Post
I went with:

That's great info. Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2018, 04:21 PM   #7
gandapanda
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: 18 M2 & 19 Sentra

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by chip_dip19 View Post
Maranello BMW with the maxbimmer forum discount. Prices will be either on par or only slightly more than US prices.
Good to know, thanks!

S
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2018, 02:07 PM   #8
heavyD^2
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: X3M Competition

Quote:
New to the forum as I'm a first time BMW owner (M2 to be delivered early June). Could you please elaborate on the forum discount? Is "maxbimmer" the discount code?
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2018, 04:25 PM   #9
chip_dip19
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by heavyD^2 View Post
Quote:
New to the forum as I'm a first time BMW owner (M2 to be delivered early June). Could you please elaborate on the forum discount? Is "maxbimmer" the discount code?
Maxbimmer is another forum and they have a discount with Maranello and other vendors
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2018, 07:50 PM   #10
heavyD^2
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: X3M Competition

Quote:
Maxbimmer is another forum and they have a discount with Maranello and other vendors
I see. So I have to join that forum to get 15% off parts. Sounds like a good deal.
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2018, 02:47 PM   #11
alscks0414
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: MY18 X3 M40i, MY18 M3 ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by carloshombre View Post
Just recently picked up a 2016 BMW M2 and couldn't be happier! I do however need to buy a few miscellaneous accessories but not sure where to order them from.

Needing/wanting to buy:
All weather mats
Black kidney grills
New license plate frames

Are there any Canadian based websites you guys order from?

All weather mats;
http://www.weathertech.ca/en/bmw/201...er-digitalfit/

Black Kidney Grills;
https://ind-distribution.com/product?sku=BMWP-F87-FG
(talke to iND guys at forum, ask them to state the material cost on the good's value so that you can avoid duty and taxes bundled up large)

New License Plate Frames (Both are the ones you dont have to make drill holes on the bumper. Simply plug and play);
If you need tow hook mount frame
http://www.usmillworks.com/bmw_front..._tow_hook.html
(Select F87 M2)
If you need front plate frame,
https://carbonio.com/collections/lic...se-plate-mount
Appreciate 0