BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW M2 Forum > Pricing / Ordering / European Delivery / PCD > Dealer screwed me over on a Launch M2

02-03-2016, 01:03 AM   #23
dammitcubs
Captain
No_Country
Rep
Drives: '16 M2 LBB

its okay - I wouldn't have even had the opportunity if it weren't your lead. I'll remember certain things in the future.

I figured to try a couple of dealers tomorrow
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2016, 06:55 AM   #24
BEM-S4
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Dinan M235, Dinan Sport Wagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuddman
Quote:
Originally Posted by BEM-S4 View Post
I'd call and email BMW NA. They take this shit very seriously.
Wishful thinking, IMO.
I misread and thought he had a deposit down. Was stuck in traffic at the time.

That said I've been shocked at just how seriously they take just mundane crap treatment at dealers. Audi, for instance, called Fletcher Jones in Chicago. They didn't think I was serious about buying and told me they'd quote me a price after I gave them a non refundable deposit. I flipped my shit and sent an angry email to Audi NA at 5am on a Saturday. They called me 8am the same day and ended up suspending the SA for a period of time. Again nothing illegal actually happened it was just crap treatment. So believe me if you are treated badly and complain in an adult manner they do take action.
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2016, 10:12 AM   #25
miiipilot
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 M2 Brooklyn Grey 6mt

I wasn't given the option during our conversation. And they weren't taking deposits for the waiting list back in Aug when I initially made contact with the dealership. They didn't even have a waiting list.

IMO, if he had open allocations...during our conversation he would've told me he needed a deposit or just called me, gave me the information I requested and took a deposit from me. By telling me I have to get a move on it...but he didn't get a move on it.

That dealer is 1000miles away from me so I couldn't just run down.

From my point of view:
CA told me they have allocations. I am on the waiting list.
I respond in a reasonable amount of time (few hours at most).
Ask for some critical details b/c I don't know the pricing, possible market adjustment, deposit, fees, etc since I am purchasing from out of state.
Conversation goes silent.
text 2x in the morning.
Ignored
Called and was told no more allocations. I was first to make contact in Aug when they didn't have a list. Was never called and told to place a deposit for M2.

You're right, i didn't have a deposit, but this is still poor treatment. Thus reaffirming my opinion of car salespeople.
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2016, 11:34 PM   #26
pruettfan
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2017 M2, LBB, DCT, Exec

I think this is fairly common unfortunately. Apparently some dealers say they have a list they will follow but in reality each sales guy has their own list. I got a call saying that if I paid 10k over MSRP I could get the first car. No ethics in this business.
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2016, 11:54 PM   #27
S2kM2dan
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2018 LBB M2 6MT

You don't take your time for these kind of things. Pay the deposit then worry about the details later. If I want something really badly I get do what I gotta do then ask questions later. gotta be quick

From a salesperson perspective... I see you as a customer who is wishy washy going to waste my time, while I have another guy who's dieing to put his money down.
Appreciate 2
      02-04-2016, 06:05 AM   #28
M3 Adjuster
Banned
Albania
Rep
Drives: 1M, X1 M Sport, E46 325ic

Quote:
Originally Posted by dammitcubs
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dabozo View Post
Again, I still don't see what they did wrong. Devils advocate here but If I understand correctly, OP never sent in his deposit....so if I'm another sales guy in there (in sure there is more than one salesperson working there), and my client wants the car and has a deposit in hand, there is no way I'm going to step aside because another sales guy says he MAY have a buyer for it already...early bird gets the worm.
The problem is the lack of transparency. There was no mention of the following:

No mention of "You must send me a deposit as ASAP"
No Mention of "I have another salesman also trying to sell this car to other people"
No Mention of "there are people trying to make the deposit right now".

This is what he has mentioned to me:
1) I will send you the VIN number and transportation information.
2) Please look it over and get back to me.
3) Once you have decided - please head to your bank and I will give you the wire transfer information to complete the deposit. (Sounds fishy).
4) The Deposit is non-refundable.

Any person would first take at least 2-3 hours to go over the sheet. go over the logistics and then get the bank prepared. Which is what I did.

After the phone call - he sent an email 5 minutes later - I asked for 2 questions within 5 minutes of that email sent - no response.

I emailed back in 3 hrs later to say I want to allocation - no response.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Then the next day i found out -

While he is selling this car - another salesman in the same group is selling this car. So these guys have NO COMMUNICATION BETWEEN SALESMAN? I think that's the stupidest logic ever considering they only get 1 allocation.

What they should of said is the following:

"Hey we have a LBB 6MT Allocation, i'm sending you the VIN information now but I want you to know that we have contacted 3 people and who ever send the deposit first is the person whom will get it, I apologize for the haste decision but if you want to move fast on this car, I'd advice you go to a bank".

and what I just wrote sounds like complete crap! This car will sell like hotcakes, I would of like it better if they said I was #3 on the list, if the first 2 don't agree to make a deposit, then I will give you the allocation.

NO TRANSPARENCY.
If you don't know by now , to JUMP at an allocation and not wait. Now you do.

Same thing would have happened if this was a ford Gt350 or Cayman Gt4 or a Dodge Challenger spec edition right now.

It sucks. Sorry for you , but dust yourself off and keep looking , there are more allocations out there in similar cities.

Back in 2010 When I found a (second ) spare 1M allocation, I jumped at it and used a a 5k deposit to hold it. This then allowed me to keep it and transfer it to a forum member.

Jack be quick !
Appreciate 0