BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW M2 Forum > Pricing / Ordering / European Delivery / PCD > You willing to pay market adjustment?

01-26-2016, 01:37 PM   #67
hans007
Major
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3 Adjuster View Post
Thanks for the reply!

Well, six allocations for the first year model of M2 compared to just two allocations for the 1M is a 300 percent improvement.

And now we have two dealers that are getting six cars a year. That's one allocation every two months. Doesn't sound like the factory will be pushing these out like Honda civics

While I personally hope for M2 fans that BMW dials up the production, I think that the majority of people on these forums think that " not limited " means that this car will be available as much as the M3/M4.

Currently, a 300% increase in production over the 1M still represents less than 2000 M2 a year for the US market and I seriously doubt we will get much more than that. So, again, while "not limited ".... Doesn't mean that everyone should assume " unlimited and plentiful ".

A lot of people assume that I feel the M2 will be as limited as the 1M. That's not the case. And I'm not trying to push people to buy a car or make people panic but I do recommend that people continue to watch production levels, especially those that expect to pick up an M2 in about 3 -6 months for $3500 off.

I'm very confident that BMW Could sell 3000 M2 a year in the US... And that means more buyers than product...caveat emptor !
i thought about getting a m235 when they came out (and a friend of mine actually did order one ..) and they were doing about 2 a month for the 235 bakck then so the friend of mine had to wait something like 4.5 months for her build slot to come up and it to get built. so maybe its not going to be any more rare than the m235i the first year.
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2016, 03:05 PM   #68
M Heart
Banned
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Most, if not all of "us enthusiast" will not pay or hate to pay a mark up on a car. But unfortunately, there would be many people, maybe not so enthusiast that will pay the mark up of the car and drive the "premium price" demand for a bit. As some of you have said, if we wait it out a bit they may be had for MSRP or under.
Appreciate 0