BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW M2 Forum > Pricing / Ordering / European Delivery / PCD > UK deals

12-04-2015, 04:11 PM   #23
M2GB
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 911 and M2

My dealer still doesn't have any information regarding delivery date...

Looks like H1 delivery 2015 is a dream

I wonder when they will release pricing on the M performance part?

Actually you still can't configure it on the bmw website!
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2015, 03:01 AM   #24
Hotrod99
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E30 M3, 1M,

Its a little "Arse about face" in terms of how they've gone about this. I appreciate the car is not being launched till April and the slots are taken for 2016, but the configurator should still be available given that its available on other country websites. I mean right now i'm working of a lame spec sheet that the dealer has provided - not the best when your trying to spec a 50K car.

They knew the demand would be high but that doesn't excuse the poor dealer knowledge or lack of material with regards to those who have secured slots.

I've been told that although i have a slot with the dealer (one of two), there will be no build information available until March up to which time i can continue to change the spec if desired. It seems your slot is really secured with the dealer as opposed to with BMW themselves at this current point in time (from what i'm gathering and being told).

Appreciate 0
      12-07-2015, 06:13 AM   #25
as7920
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2023 SG/FR M4 xDrive Competiti

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smee.x.Again View Post
Visited the dealer today, another interesting fact, which really amazes me with respect to M2 production.

In the last 12 months they have sold 12 i8's. Yet in the last 9 months of 2016, April to Dec 2016, they will only have 5 M2s.

Not wanted to sound too Spock of of Star Trek, but this just doesn't make logical sense to me. They've sold 12 off cars that are £100k but they're limiting the sales of a £44-47k car to only 5, simple supply and demand economics tells me demand is going to far exceed supply in the UK.

If all of this is true, I think if you are receiving a car in April in the UK, you will be able to drive it for a year and sell it in April 17 for what you paid for it.
I understood that allocations went on how many "M" cars the dealer has sold.
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2015, 07:38 AM   #26
Hotrod99
Second Lieutenant
Rep

There will be larger dealers that will receive a greater allocation, but similarly there will be smaller dealers that will only get one car.

I understand there are around 155 BMW dealers in the UK. When you think there are a total of 500 in for next year the figures do stack in that most dealers will only have two cars. Anybody getting any more then this clearly then means that smaller dealers are being cut short and only getting one car. I also find it surprising that with numbers being so short, dealers are being given demo cars or using there existing allocation to provide demo cars?

When i bought my 1M, BMW based the overall allocation geographically/regionally rather then giving any dealers preferential numbers. So the 450 resulted in some dealers only getting one car if non at all. (at least this is what i was told by my supplying dealership).

Last edited by Hotrod99; 12-07-2015 at 07:44 AM..
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2015, 09:07 AM   #27
Inverted
Private
Rep
Drives: Fast ones

Ive had it confirmed via email that im no.3 and will get a car in the first batch. When that actually means ill get one they cant tell me yet, I suspect back of 2016.

Im going into speak in person next week. Ive been overseas since the launch so all done via email. Hopefully in person I get more info.

M2 CS - On order
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2015, 01:26 PM   #28
Hotrod99
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inverted View Post
Ive had it confirmed via email that im no.3 and will get a car in the first batch. When that actually means ill get one they cant tell me yet, I suspect back of 2016.

Im going into speak in person next week. Ive been overseas since the launch so all done via email. Hopefully in person I get more info.
Hi Inverted - i'd be interested in hearing your feedback with regards to time-scales. I'm hoping back end of 2016 as that works better for me personally.
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2015, 04:42 AM   #29
Inverted
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotrod99 View Post
Hi Inverted - i'd be interested in hearing your feedback with regards to time-scales. I'm hoping back end of 2016 as that works better for me personally.
Just had a bit of good news!!

Im moving into No.2 slot at my dealer. Chap in front of me has pulled his deposit.

Im calling into see them next week (Everything has been via email so far) so hopefully I can get some build info. Hoping for early summer so I can get a Euro trip done to run it in.

M2 CS - On order

Last edited by Inverted; 12-09-2015 at 06:46 AM..
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2015, 01:14 PM   #30
///Jason
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E89 Z4 20i S-Drive M-Sport

UK Limited Run??

Hello,

After reading this forum for a few months I've finally decided to sign up

Any how to business!

I currently have the 2nd build slot at my local dealer with a £1000 deposit (Refundable I might add!), I've specced the M2 and now just have to wait until I get assigned a slot.

Now this is where things get interesting:- my dealer has always stated that there will be more M2's built than the 1 M Coupé but it will not be built to order like a M3/4/5/6 ect.

More recently they say they have only been promised 1 M2 for 2016 and I'm pretty sure they're telling the truth - they're not ruling out more but this is what BMW UK have told them.

I find how BMW UK is handling the M2 fascinating - while other european markets have made configurators live and released finance info. BMW UK have not done either.

My theory, and it's only that, is that they may be considering doing a limited run again like the 1M Coupé. Hence no solid info, especially finance as if its limited the residuals will be heavily effected. The M2 will be practically as fast as a M4 so why hurt those sales? Also making it limited edition makes the car even more special. Remember the UK was the only market to limit the 1M Coupé indefinitely & personally I can see them doing it again with the M2 say only having a 1000 over it's life time.

Well how about that for a first post! Anyhow I'd be really interested to get your guys thoughts on this?
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2015, 01:19 PM   #31
mofomat
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Audi R8 V10, BMW 330e Touring

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///Jason View Post
Hello,

After reading this forum for a few months I've finally decided to sign up

Any how to business!

I currently have the 2nd build slot at my local dealer with a £1000 deposit (Refundable I might add!), I've specced the M2 and now just have to wait until I get assigned a slot.

Now this is where things get interesting:- my dealer has always stated that there will be more M2's built than the 1 M Coupé but it will not be built to order like a M3/4/5/6 ect.

More recently they say they have only been promised 1 M2 for 2016 and I'm pretty sure they're telling the truth - they're not ruling out more but this is what BMW UK have told them.

I find how BMW UK is handling the M2 fascinating - while other european markets have made configurators live and released finance info. BMW UK have not done either.

My theory, and it's only that, is that they may be considering doing a limited run again like the 1M Coupé. Hence no solid info, especially finance as if its limited the residuals will be heavily effected. The M2 will be practically as fast as a M4 so why hurt those sales? Also making it limited edition makes the car even more special. Remember the UK was the only market to limit the 1M Coupé indefinitely & personally I can see them doing it again with the M2 say only having a 1000 over it's life time.

Well how about that for a first post! Anyhow I'd be really interested to get your guys thoughts on this?
Hello Jason and welcome.

I think you're crediting BMW UK with putting actual thought into their actions. The reality I think is that they're just slow, as usual. It's quite normal for the configurators on the uk site to be behind Continental Europe. As production for the UK doesn't start until April next year, there's no rush for the finance figures either.

I don't think there's anything to deduce from anything yet.

I'm number one on my dealer's list, although it's slated for July.
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2015, 01:59 PM   #32
///Jason
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mofomat View Post
Hello Jason and welcome.

I think you're crediting BMW UK with putting actual thought into their actions. The reality I think is that they're just slow, as usual. It's quite normal for the configurators on the uk site to be behind Continental Europe. As production for the UK doesn't start until April next year, there's no rush for the finance figures either.

I don't think there's anything to deduce from anything yet.

I'm number one on my dealer's list, although it's slated for July.
Hey mofomat,

In fairness this is the first BMW launch I've followed very intensely; My dealer claims I know more than him aha - Although I imagine thats the case for most of us here. So your probably right & they're just slow...

I agree with you on noting to deduce yet too - as stated it was only a theory
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2015, 03:30 PM   #33
Smee.x.Again
Can't Wait
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M2 (Oct '16), Nissan GT-R

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///Jason View Post
Hey mofomat,

In fairness this is the first BMW launch I've followed very intensely; My dealer claims I know more than him aha - Although I imagine thats the case for most of us here. So your probably right & they're just slow...

I agree with you on noting to deduce yet too - as stated it was only a theory
Lol, I had 18months of this when Nissan released the GT-R, it's no different. They both treat their dealers the same, give them NO information.

It is pretty poor that the UK haven't got the car configuration up and running, doesn't overly worry me, I've speced and ordered but it just shows progress towards release.

I suppose the next barrage of media info will be through the press from the Brussels and Detroit motors show's in Jan.
Appreciate 0
      12-15-2015, 08:32 AM   #34
M2GB
Private First Class
Rep

I am annoyed. Despite placing an order at the open of launch day I some how didn't make the 1st batch of cars. I am the first person in the second batch.

I don't believe that several people managed to order before me. But frankly this whole process is extremely disappointing and I'm getting ready to move on
Appreciate 0
      12-15-2015, 09:33 AM   #35
mofomat
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Audi R8 V10, BMW 330e Touring

Quote:
Originally Posted by M2GB View Post
I am annoyed. Despite placing an order at the open of launch day I some how didn't make the 1st batch of cars. I am the first person in the second batch.

I don't believe that several people managed to order before me. But frankly this whole process is extremely disappointing and I'm getting ready to move on

I paid my £500 deposit the day BEFORE the official launch. So Tuesday 13th October. By the end of the next day my dealer was already saying to people they're 8th on their waiting list.

"This whole process"? You mean "first come first served"?
Appreciate 0
      12-15-2015, 11:38 AM   #36
Robban
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M2

Yes, the orders will sorted by date. This is confirmed by BMW sales office. I think what is important to state is most likely when the order was entered into the BMW order system. Order sheet and date from sales rep could be something else or??
For me I made my order with the sales rep on the 22th October but it was entered in the system the 26th.
Appreciate 0
      12-15-2015, 11:54 AM   #37
metrickid
Dinosaur supervisor
Netherlands
Rep
Drives: E91 318d

Quote:

What does the "second batch" translate to in dates?
Appreciate 0
      12-15-2015, 12:00 PM   #38
M2GB
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mofomat View Post
I paid my £500 deposit the day BEFORE the official launch. So Tuesday 13th October. By the end of the next day my dealer was already saying to people they're 8th on their waiting list.

"This whole process"? You mean "first come first served"?
Firstly any official BMW dealer was not allowed to take a deposit prior to official launch. I know because I tried

Secondly - I was pretty much the first person to place a deposit at the dealer. But as rightly stated my order was slow to be uploaded into the system so I ended up further down the list......so annoying.

As for the second batch. I have no idea as to what or when that means
Appreciate 0
      12-15-2015, 12:31 PM   #39
metrickid
Dinosaur supervisor
Netherlands
Rep
Drives: E91 318d

Quote:
Firstly any official BMW dealer was not allowed to take a deposit prior to official launch. I know because I tried

Secondly - I was pretty much the first person to place a deposit at the dealer. But as rightly stated my order was slow to be uploaded into the system so I ended up further down the list......so annoying.

As for the second batch. I have no idea as to what or when that means
That sucks, but I don't understand why your orders were not uploaded into the system directly. Didn't you configure them in the system and then just confirm them when you are done?

At least I configured the car with my sales agent in BMW's own ordering system and when you are done they finalize the order and you get your confirmation straight away that BMW has accepted your order (or at least that the order is in the system).
Appreciate 0
      12-15-2015, 02:32 PM   #40
M2GB
Private First Class
Rep

Order was taken over the phone.

Not sure what to do other then hope bmw might produce some more cars for the uk
Appreciate 0
      12-26-2015, 06:29 AM   #41
cc3
Major
Rep
Drives: 1M, GT4, M2 M140i G40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smee.x.Again
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smee.x.Again View Post
My dealer has two satellite dealerships and they're getting an M2 each, so for the area I live in, we have 5 M2's for 2016.
Visited the dealer today, another interesting fact, which really amazes me with respect to M2 production.

In the last 12 months they have sold 12 i8's. Yet in the last 9 months of 2016, April to Dec 2016, they will only have 5 M2s.

Not wanted to sound too Spock of of Star Trek, but this just doesn't make logical sense to me. They've sold 12 off cars that are £100k but they're limiting the sales of a £44-47k car to only 5, simple supply and demand economics tells me demand is going to far exceed supply in the UK.

If all of this is true, I think if you are receiving a car in April in the UK, you will be able to drive it for a year and sell it in April 17 for what you paid for it.
From what I understand they don't want to take too many sales away from M4 so toe in the water with probable production increase late16 early 17
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2015, 02:52 AM   #42
Inverted
Private
Rep

My dealer still saying they have no production date info, despite others I know (at different dealers) have been told a month their allocation will come.

I have it in writing I'm getting their second car but no other info. He showed me the online system with the order showing no slot allocated.

How come some dealers have been told by BMW when they will receive each of their slots? Or is my dealer not telling me the full truth?
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2015, 06:17 AM   #43
///Jason
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inverted View Post
My dealer still saying they have no production date info, despite others I know (at different dealers) have been told a month their allocation will come.

I have it in writing I'm getting their second car but no other info. He showed me the online system with the order showing no slot allocated.

How come some dealers have been told by BMW when they will receive each of their slots? Or is my dealer not telling me the full truth?
I wouldn't worry; I'm in a similar situation to you. I have a deposit down on the second car they get allocated from BMW UK but they have no idea when this will be. In fact BMW have only promised them one for 2016!

I wonder whether some people are getting the demo cars?? Although my dealer initially said they where getting one and then a few weeks later backtracked and said they wouldn't have one. They seem to know as much as us haha.
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2015, 02:14 PM   #44
Inverted
Private
Rep

I dont understand it tbh, are uk dealers allocated or informed of allocations in different ways? Why should one dealer group know when their cars are coming and another has no idea. I know of 3 others with M2's on order and all have been told a build month.

My dealer has said BMW have told them they will get 3 in 2016. At the moment I'm no 2 but may be moving into no 1 as the chap at no 1 isn't sure he wil take it.

Still no U.K. Config.

Dealers don't seem to know anything... While I was spec'ing I asking for a price of the M235i Carbon mirror caps. Came back and said no point giving you a price as they wont fit. M cars have different shape mirrors I.e M4/M3 mirrors. Clearly hasn't even looked at the brochure!

Also asked about the m driver performance de-limit and driving course option. Just got a blank look and wondered off to ask someone. They didn't know either. I had to show them the uk brochure blurb to prove it was real.
Appreciate 0