BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
M2 Technical Topics > N55 Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Bolt-ons / Tuning > Review: FTP Motorsports M2 Boost+Charge pipes

08-01-2020, 09:36 PM   #67
Tes
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW M2

Garage List
2018 BMW M2  [0.00]
Just finished installing the FTP charge pipe (didn't feel adventurous or patient enough to install the boost pipe). Anyways, I followed the steps on this thread and it worked out fairly well. One thing I would add when installing back the stock FMIC is to make sure the thing is clipped in properly or else you can't get the boost pipe to hook on. It took me 2.5 frustrating hours to figure out that it was jammed against the clip which pushed the FMIC a bad bit forward that didn't allow the connection to happen. attached is a picture.

Also idk if it was just me, but my charge pipe side of the FMIC didn't bolt back to the mount properly. It was off by 1 screw hole width. I tried mounting is 3 times and checked everything I knew to make sure it is properly mounted but couldn't fix the charge pipe side. Ended up widening the hole cause this was about 6 hours into the job lol Anyone else encounter this?
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      10-20-2021, 12:41 AM   #68
LLB-M2
Private
Germany
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 (N55)

Hi

yesterday i tried to fit the FTP charges to my M2. Finally finsihed it. Chargepipe was nice&smooth to fit.
The Boostpipe was a pain in the a**. After mount it to the turbo, i wasnt ablento put it on the intercooler. It has a loose fit on the turbo, but but try to get hose and intercooler in line was a differnze in the hight of around 10mm to low in the best position.
After several trys i push the aloy fitting of the Boostpipe on the intercooler, an push the rubber full on the aloypipe. Then loose the screw of the intercooler to get both in line. Pull the rubber on the aloy mount, tighten it. Push intercoller back in Position and then tighten then rubber on the hose.
Good bloody hands in this small area. Hope now it fits right, doesnt start the engine jet.

Btw, the Boostpipe touch softly one of the water?hose of the turbo. Is this Ok or risky, to get damage by movement of the hoses?

Hope my english is understandable.

LG Christian
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2021, 08:55 AM   #69
AmuroRay
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by LLB-M2 View Post
Hi

yesterday i tried to fit the FTP charges to my M2. Finally finsihed it. Chargepipe was nice&smooth to fit.
The Boostpipe was a pain in the a**. After mount it to the turbo, i wasnt ablento put it on the intercooler. It has a loose fit on the turbo, but but try to get hose and intercooler in line was a differnze in the hight of around 10mm to low in the best position.
After several trys i push the aloy fitting of the Boostpipe on the intercooler, an push the rubber full on the aloypipe. Then loose the screw of the intercooler to get both in line. Pull the rubber on the aloy mount, tighten it. Push intercoller back in Position and then tighten then rubber on the hose.
Good bloody hands in this small area. Hope now it fits right, doesnt start the engine jet.

Btw, the Boostpipe touch softly one of the water?hose of the turbo. Is this Ok or risky, to get damage by movement of the hoses?

Hope my english is understandable.

LG Christian
It's hard to say, but I would check it after a few miles to make sure its on there. Typically they won't move unless you do.
      10-20-2021, 10:30 AM   #70
LLB-M2
Private
Germany
Rep

Thanks, i will check it. I tried to pull it after fixed it with the clamp. Wasnt possible. But has a loose fit. Will see....
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2021, 04:21 PM   #71
AmuroRay
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by LLB-M2 View Post
Thanks, i will check it. I tried to pull it after fixed it with the clamp. Wasnt possible. But has a loose fit. Will see....
Do you have the ability to log? If you do, we can see if there is a boost leak.
      10-21-2021, 05:05 AM   #72
LLB-M2
Private
Germany
Rep

Not yet. I own Bimmercode and have a AK-Motion Display, I**A+ too.

Bimmerlink as fullversion should work or is there another option? At the moment, i dont want to buy a tuning software like MHD to log files.
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2024, 04:43 PM   #73
VGSON
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F87 OGM2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nezil View Post
Vibrant clamps fitted for size testing pre-install:

bump...anyone know what sizes are needed for the boost pipe?
Appreciate 0