BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
M2 Technical Topics > N55 Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Bolt-ons / Tuning > SSK Review

07-21-2020, 08:02 PM   #1
DeadRabbitM2
Private
Rep
Drives: 1M

SSK Review

I am looking for a SSK and I was interested to hear everyone's feed back. I am looking for something that is smooth similar to oem but a little tighter, still smooth.

Thanks in advance.
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2020, 08:21 PM   #2
TheHaze
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '18 M2

https://f87.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1643086

Plenty of satisfied customers with AutoSolutions. There's a bunch of info on their website that you can use to help decide what shifter setup makes sense for you. You can also call or email Ron, the owner, to go over options and get his feedback.
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2020, 12:16 AM   #3
BruceM
Major
Rep
Drives: '17 6MT MG M2,930,Jag XKR 5.0

I don't know about the Auto Solution SSKs--I hadn't heard of them until after I installed my UUC unit. But I would be surprised if the AS unit would be "smooth similar to OEM." The UUC is not. Instead it's much more positive and notchy in engagement than OEM, which is just how I like it. Effort is higher, but still absolutely no problem, and of course the throw is shorter. It really improves the shifting experience, but I would not call it smooth. I would call it more precise--no vagueness, no slop.
Appreciate 0
      07-26-2020, 01:43 PM   #4
DeadRabbitM2
Private
Rep
Drives: 1M

Thank you both. I am looking for something more inline with the stock setup. BruceM how you describe UUC is how I feel about AS, at least on other platforms. I may be the only person who doesn't like their SSK.
Appreciate 0