BMW M2 Forum > BMW M2 Discussions > 2018 Audi RS3 stage 2 to M2 Comp

07-06-2020, 06:34 AM   #1
BIL1185
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW m2 comp

2018 Audi RS3 stage 2 to M2 Comp

Hi guys,

New to this form. I’m selling my 2018 Audi RS3 MRC stage 2 510bhp. Was quite a regular over on those forums. I have a build thread here if anyone is interested https://www.audi-sport.net/xf/thread...-build.358345/

Has anyone came from this car to the M2C before? Never had a BMW before so would like to know what to look for when buying one of these cars and what optional extras are a must/not.

What are these like for tuning and who is the reputable tuners for these platforms? I’m based in Edinburgh.

Will be looking to buy one in next couple weeks if anyone’s got any for sale?

Thanks Billy
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2020, 10:09 AM   #2
akkando
Major General
Rep
Drives: 17 M2 DCT LBB,11 e90 M3 ZCP IB

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIL1185 View Post
Hi guys,

New to this form. I’m selling my 2018 Audi RS3 MRC stage 2 510bhp. Was quite a regular over on those forums. I have a build thread here if anyone is interested https://www.audi-sport.net/xf/thread...-build.358345/

Has anyone came from this car to the M2C before? Never had a BMW before so would like to know what to look for when buying one of these cars and what optional extras are a must/not.

What are these like for tuning and who is the reputable tuners for these platforms? I’m based in Edinburgh.

Will be looking to buy one in next couple weeks if anyone’s got any for sale?

Thanks Billy
The 2019 cars with old software can be unlocked and tuned over obd port but newer cars or older ones with newer software will need a tuner to physically access the dme to unlock it for tuning. you can find a shop to do it or you can take the dme out and mail it to a shop or tuner to unlock it for you.

I'd leave the transmission alone for tuning as the tunes for it give it some odd behavior in auto mode.
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2020, 11:33 AM   #3
BIL1185
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW m2 comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by akkando View Post
The 2019 cars with old software can be unlocked and tuned over obd port but newer cars or older ones with newer software will need a tuner to physically access the dme to unlock it for tuning. you can find a shop to do it or you can take the dme out and mail it to a shop or tuner to unlock it for you.

I'd leave the transmission alone for tuning as the tunes for it give it some odd behavior in auto mode.
Will be a 19 or 20 car. Will be going to a tuner anyway to unlock the best potential for it and be safer. If I can get hold of one I’m going to try get a manual. Think it will be a bit more fun. Anyway driving both and have any preferences?
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2020, 01:45 PM   #4
kingikra
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW M2

What are you usually looking for in a sports car? Strait line acceleration? Handling?
I had a 2018 non tuned RS3 and I replaced it with an 2018 M2 LCI. I haven't tuned the M2 as well.
In strait line as stock, it is the RS3 no doubt. As for handling, to my taste, there's no comparison. It's the M2 all the way.

Good luck!

Last edited by kingikra; 07-08-2020 at 01:02 PM..
Appreciate 2
gphung193.50
j2dad5389372.00
      07-07-2020, 07:35 PM   #5
stulio2181
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 LBB M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingikra View Post
What do usually look in sports car? Strait line acceleration? Handling?
I had a 2018 non tuned RS3 and I replaced it with an 2018 M2 LCI. I haven't tuned the M2 as well.
In strait line as stock, it is the RS3 no doubt. As for handling, to my taste, there's no comparison. It's the M2 all the way.

Good luck!
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingikra View Post
What do usually look in sports car? Strait line acceleration? Handling?

Good luck!
I hear ya. It's all about the curves. Never forget when I got spanked on a 1/4 mile track by a vw bug that was all engine and I was in my c5 zo6. Straight line means nothing. To me anyway.
Appreciate 0