BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General BMW News and Cars Discussion > Carbuzz: BMW Cars You Never Knew Existed

05-12-2019, 06:33 AM   #1
SSBMW14
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Drives 2023 G16 840i

Garage List
2023 BMW 840i  [10.00]
Carbuzz: BMW Cars You Never Knew Existed

Came across this article and thought I’d share with fellow enthusiasts.

https://carbuzz.com/features/bmw-car...r-knew-existed

Quote:
Highlighting the rarest of the rare BMW models.

BMW’s list of car models is extensive and goes all the way back to the 1920s. The first BMW produced was called the Dixi, which was a licensed version of the British Austin 7. And that doesn’t even make this list. The second BMW car, the 303, doesn’t make the list either despite being the first BMW to feature the signature kidney grill. Although it is historically significant, we know a lot of people don’t know about the 303 because of the sheer number of complaints about the size of the kidney grill on the latest 7 Series.

BMW has a strong habit of building special editions as well as prototypes that go a step too far to be practical and cost-effective to mass-produce. The brand also likes to swap V12 engines into cars and keep them locked up in a secret location, seemingly, to taunt the hardcore BMW fans with. Then there are the versions of BMW cars created by other companies, including Alpina, and tuner versions from companies like AC Schnitzer, Hamman, and G-Power.

That makes it hard to pick out a concise list of rare BMWs that tend to fly under the radar. So, we’ve taken the approach of picking out the ones we simply find the most interesting or eyebrow-raising. There is, of course, a V12 swap in there of dizzying proportions, BMW’s third car, which was an absolute barnstormer, and some M model variations that range from the bizarre to the so rare it might as well not exist level. We’ll start with something bizarre though.

Amused31.00
BeEmVe257.50